• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen RSE Trick House

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    As some of you may remember, on Route 110 right at the side of Cycling Road, up above there is the Trick House where a guy gives you prize items when you solve his room puzzles.

Spoiler:

(: What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?
    (: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
    (: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?

Discuss away! :>

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm going to be completely honest here and say the hardest one is the trivia one (#5). XD I was fine when he asked who was on route 103, but asking how many women were in Dewford, and price differences? MATH?! NOOOO. They weren't that difficult...just kinda like a gym, but you know, my first time around, I found them a decent challenge. Not so hard to beat anymore though.

(: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
    I wondered why the man sparkled. lmao I've memorized his spots now though... :x

(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?
    He totally disappeared into Unova and will make a comeback in the third game. ;) That's what I'm thinking-- and hoping -- for anyway! And we'll see him back with a brand new rap in RS remakes.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I don't remember finidng it difficult at all. I do remember having a LOOOOT of fun with it though haha.

It just shows how stupid and lovable the man is. <3

Hopefully in the RSE remakes, since I seriously miss him.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I -loved- the trick house! :D

And only just realised the bot one was a question mark lol.

I think he just went exploring other regions tbh. Oh and the sparkle was awesome. SO HELPFUL.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Well I just found it pointless. I never really explored it. But I don't think it was hard. That guy was funny.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I loved the trick house. <3; It was really really fun. C:
    I don't remember finding it difficult at all.

He used a mirror to like.. reflect the sunlight onto our eyes.. GAH!
    Lovable man. <3

To create more puzzles? I hope so, because I miss him. ;;
    /hoping for R/S/E remakes.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    Certainly not. The puzzles didn't require much thought.

I thought the sparkle was a nice feature. Although the Trick Master's intelligence is questionable: "Gah! How did you know I concealed myself under this table? You're quite sharp! Grrr..."

Hopefully in the Gen III remakes, with new puzzles.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I -loved- the trick house! :D

And only just realised the bot one was a question mark lol.

I think he just went exploring other regions tbh. Oh and the sparkle was awesome. SO HELPFUL.
    I had only noticed the question mark when providing images as well, haha. It fits the questionnaire that goes on for that puzzle though.

To answer my own question...

I know I've had a lot of fun trying to solve each one, but only a few made me take some time to think.

I think it's a nice little addition. :P Goes along with his purpose too.

Most likely in RS Remakes (which should totally happen soon u_u).

Years

Certain puzzles, such as the quiz and arrow puzzle were difficult, but the rewards of an item and training far outweighed the difficulty.

I sort of do, it's kind of fun to see where he'll pop up next.

Probably another region, I think I had this theory that he founded a new Trick House somewhere in Hoenn, while I was 8. It would be awesome to see him in another game, not including the R/S remakes that are predicted to be made, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    (: What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?: I didn't know it existed when I first played R/S, but I found the puzzles pretty hard at first.

(: How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?: It makes things a lot easier finding him, but it gets hard when the glitter happens offscreen.

(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?: Like the note said, he left on a journey to do better tricks. And I don't think he'll come back soon. Either that, or he started a new Trick House somewhere else.

Years
    What do you think of the Trick House? Did you find it difficult?
    I didn't notice it until my second playthrough of Emerald lol, boy was I glad when I did!! Tbh I found it more fun and enjoyable than difficult :)

How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
    Haha I loved it - simple little challenges like that I can do, and it's a very nice touch as opposed to making it too simple :)

Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?
    Haha no idea - perhaps he was spying on the player's progress the whole time! :P I certainly hope so, it was a nice addition and a definite novelty that wouldn't wear off, for me anyways something I'd definitely welcome a second time around :)

Years
    I thought it had just the right difficulty and was very fun :D
    That was pretty funny to be honest :D
    We'll probably see him in the highly probable R/S remakes.

-totodile42

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I liked the Trick House. It was a fun way to kill time.

That added to the challenge a bit, which I loved.

I think he went in hiding to design RSE Remakes.
    Yeah, in the remakes he's making. XD
    But seriously, I think there might be a Trick House-like thing in future Generations.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    It's funny, and very useful, for good training before the Pokèmon League.
    I didn't find it very difficult, I've just messed a bit with the one similar to Fortree Gym.

Why does he sparkle? Anyways, it would be awesome when, if you click on the wrong spot, he comes out and says TROLOLOLOLOLOLO :D

He went on a long journey. But, I think it will be back in a future R/S/E remake, saying stuff like he was empty of ideas 'cause of a kid who solved all his tricks, but he's back and waits for his challenge![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    it annoys me that the first prize is kinda the best.... And i hated the trick house, it was kinda stupid to put in a pokemon game, but that's just me.. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    If not for the trainers within, I would have never bothered with it. Finding the guy beforehand was always a hassle because more times than not I didn't even see and sort of sparkle when I came in. The puzzles weren't that hard, but having to remember to come back to that same route after every Gym was frustrating.

He'll show up in some capacity in the future. Where, I couldn't say.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    What do you think of the Trick House?
    I felt that the Trick House was very creative but sometimes (especially Maze 8), can be very annoying
    Did you find it difficult?
    No I did not find it difficult
    How do you like the little before addition of having to find the trick man with the hint of a sparkle, in his hiding place - before you enter the trick room?
    It was cool I guess
    Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles?
    Went to the Orange Islands
    Do you think we will ever see him again?
    I hope so =]

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Loved it. Some of it's difficult - one of the earlier ones with coloured doors is possibly the worst. But if it was all easy, I wouldn't have liked it.

Oh, that's just genius. Kept me out of the place until 2007. Even now, I miss him half the time and just go around clicking on everything that isn't a blank piece of wall until I find him.

Maybe...in the RSE remakes! But actually I'm not too bothered...he's mysterious and weird anyway. Gen VI maybe? Or BW's sequel/3rd version. But I don't know where he could appear...maybe a better use for Lostlorn Forest...a Trick House would kinda suit there. Maybe the winner gets a Zorua egg? Although that'd diminish the value of my event legendary beasts a bit.

But I'd just like to re-emphasise - I love the Trick House!

GXS

<---Following Red ;P
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I liked it, and thought it wasnt to hard ha but def a good chalange

It was fun and was a nice like riddle before the riddles actually started :P

(: Where do you think he disappeared to after you solve all of his puzzles? Do you think we will ever see him again?I Think he went into hiding to make the best riddles ever! and yes i beleive we will see him in a remake sooner or later ;P

Back