• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rumor of a 3rd D&P Version?

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    As much as I'd like to believe there is going to be a 3rd DP game, what really would they put in it? Im not ruling out that there will be another game, but currently I dont see what's going to make it interesting. Someone said all Emerald had was the Battle Frontier. Well, no, they had both Aqua and Magma, and also Rayquaza. I cant say anything about Crystal though since I only played Silver, so I dont actually know all that much about Crystal.

They have a Battle Island in both games, they dont really have anything apart from event pokemon left to get in Sinnoh, unless they intend to make the main legendary Arceus I guess (assuming there isnt an event for that. There are never events here so I dont really bother keeping up with what pokemon are going in events overseas) With wifi and the GTS you can potentially get every pokemon there is. Also, I think between the two 4th gen games you can get every pokemon (apart from starters from previous regions and certain legendaries) without trading between other games anyway.

Although I did think Opal would be a fitting name to go with Diamond and Pearl.

I doubt they'll make a G/S remake. I thought Platinum would be a good name for that though. Silver-Gold-Platinum in terms of how valuable I guess. I didnt really know where they got Crystal from. I would really like to see a G/S remake though with the features from the newer games

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    That was the wost post I read in ages. opal goes totally with it. What do you want it to be girasol. Or moonstone. Oh I got it amethyst, quartzite, and girasol again those are great names!!!! *sarcasm*

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    That was the wost post I read in ages. opal goes totally with it. What do you want it to be girasol. Or moonstone. Oh I got it amethyst, quartzite, and girasol again those are great names!!!! *sarcasm*

Who are you talking about? You should really learn to quote people you're referring to, or at least let us know who you're speaking to.

Anyway, why would Moontstone by such a bad idea? If you know so much about what it's absolutely "going to be called", please, share a tiny portion of your never-ending intelligence with us, darkcookie. I'm sure we're all eager to find out.

Unless...is it possible you don't know what it will be called? Are you just making a guess? Like all of us are doing?

That's what it is, darkcookie; A GUESS. *pulls out dictionary*

Ahh, here we are...
    "Guess: [ges];to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully..."

We're all just guessing, and all our ideas are valuable. You shouldn't make fun of other people's ideas. What if a G/S remake did turn out to be called "Platinum Version"?
    How stupid would you feel then, hm?

...unless they intend to make the main legendary Arceus...

Ok, this is just a guess, but I have a feeling they might make Arceus the main. Why? Actually, I have no proof XD
    I just know that the majority of people I know (and I know a lot of people) would rather have Arceus as the main legendary than Giratina. I mean, does anyone really like Giratina? I thinks it's the most ugly, most useless, most random Pokemon ever! Look at it! Heesh! It's just weird. By the way, does anyone have any proof Giratina will be the main legendary? (I'm not asking this sarcastically. If anyone has any proof whatsoever, please inform me!)

Last edited:

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Hmm, it could contain new pokemon only available on it. I still cannot actually see a reason as to why they might make another one. They could just go ahead and make another generation...

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    YOu do realise there aren't any real valid points there? Basically, 'I think it will be Opal because Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have the same eyes'. I do not object to the fact the three are blatantly related like Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are, but would this not mean changing the Pokedex to fit Giratina in? Or would they just stick him in after the E4? Logically, it would be far easier and thus more logical to have the game based on Mesprit. Clearly there is a connection betwen Mesprit and the player which they did not touch on much in DP and that is way I will assume the game will have Mesprit as its mascot.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    If you read the other thread, you would've seen that Giratina's names is derived from Girasol, which is a kind of opal. Thats why almost everyone thinks it will be opal.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    I know that... I was one of the first to say that. I've also already mentioned that about eight posts up... What I'm saying is, alhough it would be perfect for a name and whatnot, it is far more logical for them to use Mesprit.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    I heard on bulbanews that the next pokemon game coming out will be the third installment for Gen IV. I don't know what other extra feature they'll had on. There's a lot of stuff added on d/p already. Perhaps an instant IV checker, that'll awesome!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2008
    I wish they would release this one 'ultimate or master' game which had EVERYTHING, all the pokemon, and maps combined. I'd pay over $70 if they created a pokemon game that had that.

Back