• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I think a full interacting Wii RPG will be awesome. Also imagine if the whole next generation was on the Wii. This would open up DS to Wii Interaction to catch em all.

Sweet Lou

SweeT LoU
    Years
    Pokemon RPG for Wii

I cannot beleive some of you would not want a Pokemon RPG game for Wii. Id ratehr have one for Xbox 360 so they can do more with it and how bout for battles we have use be able to perform the moves and fight for ourselves and online have a big online world where we can play other trainers and travel to gyms with friends and even compete in Arena league battles. It would be so fun and addicting and it definitaley should be for 360 because they have better internet connection even though its for nintendo but o well just my opionion

Toast

JUST AS PLANNED! >:D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I cannot beleive some of you would not want a Pokemon RPG game for Wii. Id ratehr have one for Xbox 360

It's Nintendo, why would they want to make money for another company?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I cannot beleive some of you would not want a Pokemon RPG game for Wii. Id ratehr have one for Xbox 360 so they can do more with it and how bout for battles we have use be able to perform the moves and fight for ourselves and online have a big online world where we can play other trainers and travel to gyms with friends and even compete in Arena league battles. It would be so fun and addicting and it definitaley should be for 360 because they have better internet connection even though its for nintendo but o well just my opionion
    Oh dear. And what makes you think Nintendo would go and let a rival company take one of their best-selling games and profit from it? Because they 'have better internet connection'? No; I can assure you there will not be a Pokemon rpg for the Xbox, as Nintendo owns the rights for Pokemon, and aren't going to let others profit from those games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Well, most pokemon games are RPG's, so that wouldn't be too unusual, but the fact that there is a pokemon RPG for the Wii rumored to be in the making, is wierd. Nintendo never seemed like it was going to do it.

The whole idea of a Wii pokemon RPG is awesome! Think of all the possibilities what with wifi and such, like co-op playing, and wifi battles and trading and connectivity with the DS games.

I just hope that it's not pokemon ranger.(if the rumors are even true in the first place)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    While I doubt the rumors to be true, I personally would love to see a 3D RPG for the Wii, assuming it isn't another snagging game like the Gamecube versions. Battle Revolution is a good game and all, it's great for the online 3D battling and such, but the downside is unless you have a hand held pokemon game, there's really nothing for you there. I liked how there was an RPG allowing you to catch a team and otherwise act independently from all other games in the Gamecube versions, granted I didn't really like the no wild pokemon plot. Heck, bring back the minigames found in pokemon stadium even, those turned it into a great party game. Revolution is too dependent to be a proper game in my opinion. It's just varying ruled tournaments playing with pokemon in 3D. When platinum comes out with the new battle frontier, the 3D is all that it will have. It will be all but obsolete. We need a new and better Wii pokemon game, though it will be years before we see another I feel.

Sweet Lou

SweeT LoU
    Years
    It's Nintendo, why would they want to make money for another company?

No **** im just saying Wii sucks it has limited controls and would lack the depth of 360 its not like they couldnt sell the rights to the game for X amount of dollars i dunno why you guys all flipped but you dont think it would be cool to start out and venture a whole world and go from gym to gym and have it be interactive and control the characters and the pokemon and meet people along the way just like on the handhelds but better graphics more possiblities i just think it would be so sweet and pokemon stadium and colliseum are horrible u just sit there press A and watch ur pokemon do the move u dont even travel or do anything it is retarded i dont even know how it makes money

Milky Way

Being of the Stars
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2008
    If they were really making one for the Wii then I'd need some proof.

I also think they should keep the RPGs handheld based.
    Going to a home system seems to far ...

And If they include any new Pokemon on that game, I'd be quick to get it.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I also think they should keep the RPGs handheld based.
    Going to a home system seems to far ...
    I don't think there should be any real concern with the specific platform. What really needs to happen is something we connoisseurs like to call doing things differently. Seriously, it's gotten to the point where the RPG titles are so repetitive that they might as well be carbon copies of each other. It may be easy to make money with titles that just milk the cash cow and don't have any creative ideas, but the games that become true classics are the ones that go against the grain and introduce some fresh concepts.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    I agree, a Console Pokemon RPG may not have that nostalgic feel. But it might be a nice change of pace to have a 3D RPG. I mean think about it. Being able to see the cities and routes, and hopefully the PKMN Leages in their full majesty. I think it might be a nice side series at least.

But as everyone says, it is only an uncofirmed rumor. But it would be nice.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    No **** im just saying Wii sucks it has limited controls and would lack the depth of 360
    Yep, swearing gets one somewhere... :/

Limited controls - well, we're talking controls here for a POKEMON game. What else does one need for a Pokemon game? It's not some advanced shoot-them-up game... you're also ignoring that the Wii has multiple types of controllers (heck, they could even make the GC controllers usable!) I don't see any motion-using controllers by the Xbox either... but I don't really want to start some console war here (each one, after all, has their pros and cons, and is down to preference/games which one you like better). But I really do find this qualm with the limited controls void. (And what 'depth' does the Xbox have that makes it more worthy to host a Pokemon game then a Wii, really? They both can do it...)
    its not like they couldnt sell the rights to the game for X amount of dollars i dunno why you guys all flipped
    ...So you think that the would sell the rights to Xbox, because YOU think they would do a better job with it? That is NOT how it works. Nintendo are RIVALS with the other game-console companies. Why would they sell the rights of a game that is their 2nd-best seller, and will quite clear continue selling? It's practicularly giving away money to someone else. (And money made from selling the rights would be pitiful compared to what money is made from selling poke. games).
    Quite simply - it will not happen. And no amount of whinging that the Xbox is better will change that.
    but you dont think it would be cool to start out and venture a whole world and go from gym to gym and have it be interactive and control the characters and the pokemon and meet people along the way just like on the handhelds but better graphics more possiblities i just think it would be so sweet
    It could be quite the idea, but really doubt it'll happen. Why use the whole world with millions of 'regions' (the big four only make up most of Japan...), which'll take up insane amounts of game memory and all, when you can just sell the game one region at a time, and still sell millions of copies, as Nintendo has done since RBY?

As for deviating from the norm for their main games - well, they simply haven't done this, and wouldn't do it, as it's worked too well for them. The same formula. Have man with starter Pokemon that he gets from Prof tree. Have them beat 8 gyms, then the Elite four. Insert plot with Team *insertnamehere* being defeated by protagonist. Have 'getting them all' a challenge. Rinse and repeat with minor changes in each game 9like Contests, and Underground, Wi-fi, etc). After all these years, it still works! Even Platinum - which is only an improvement on DP, which are rather new games, sold amazingly well. And as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are always new gamers coming about as well, so it'll appear new to them.

As such, I wouldn't expect any majpr changes to games they market as the big ones. Colosseum and XD had some change with Shadow Pokemon, for instance, but mostly still the same - beat evil team 'x', for instance. That's the range of 'difference' I'd expect a new Pokemon RPG - if it happens - to have from the handhelds.
    and pokemon stadium and colliseum are horrible u just sit there press A and watch ur pokemon do the move u dont even travel or do anything it is retarded i dont even know how it makes money
    That's your opinion. One opinion. Many liked the games, some hated them - but enough liked them for Nintendo to make a profit, and even make a sequel to Colo in XD:GoD. Sure, it could have been better in many aspects, no denying that, but doesn't mean that they can't be improved on.
    And isn't that what Pokemon games are? An turn-based game? And as it's what sells the most for them, it's what they'll keep making. You don't like it? Don't buy it, simple as that. But to suggest that they should sell it to the Xbox because it's 'better' is just ill-thought out, and won't happen either. (Plus - who says it'll be better on the Xbox? Just as much if not more chance it'll be worse - and they wouldn't mix all the regions in one game either, but milk each for all it's worth, and thus make more money out of it).

Milky Way

Being of the Stars
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2008
    You know, If there are just rumors going around and no one has any complete proof then what's the point of posting here anyways?

I'm not trying to be evil to anyone, I'm just saying that we need some proof that these rumors exist.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    hmmmm
    im torn on this one
    i liked XD and colosseum, apart from the no wild pokemon...
    but if there were wild pokemon in this one that wouldnt feel right either....
    thats a toughy...

but i would change my mind if (and so would a lot of other people)
    they made a G/S/C remake for wii!!!
    now that would be something!

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    hmmmm
    im torn on this one
    i liked XD and colosseum, apart from the no wild pokemon...
    but if there were wild pokemon in this one that wouldnt feel right either....
    thats a toughy...

-hides from Johto fanboy-

I would absolutely love (LOVE!) a Pokemon RPG for the Wii.

You know.. just thinking about it makes me want to learn several programming languages and just make it myself.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years

I agree, a G/S/C remake would be great. It would be a new experience in a nostalgic place.. Johto! Though in the beginning it wouldn't feel right. But I would get it anyways.

2nd gen ROCKS!!!XD
    (My opinion..Not a fanboy..)

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I'm totally open-minded about spin-offs, it's a nice change of pace, so a Wii Pokémon RPG is more than welcome =).

Now, would this RPG be like Collosseum/XD? If yes, then I'm not so sure. I guess the whole mechanics to those are already tired out, maybe a different twist to it would be better.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I was totally excited for Battle Revolution when it came out.
    I thought it was going to be an RPG, or at least something like Stadium or Colosseum.
    When i got it, i was kind of disappointed. There wasn't much to do in the game and with the lack of a Pokemon game for the DS at the time, it was even more boring.
    I think an RPG for pokemon would be cool. Why should it be kept on the handhelds?
    When your at home, play it on the wii, When your at the beach, Play it on your DS.

whale

A bullet of integrity
    Years
    When your at home, play it on the wii, When your at the beach, Play it on your DS.

Although I see your point, if you go to the beach...you should probably go swim. :)

"When your at home play pokemon on your wii, when your at school/work/a book store/ a coffee shop play pokemon on your DS.

Back