• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S&M Community Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Well so is this ever happening lol? We start deciding on the dates/time and we always fail to do so.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    its been like 9 days so a bit over a week. We'll get to it eventually, so in the mean time, just sit and wait (:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I just went over all of the times and it seems like 6pm CST (GMT-5 I guess) is the best start time for mostly everyone. I think it'll probably come up on a weekend, namely Friday or Saturday. Any objections? I want to get this rolling, so...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Im working early this week so basically anytime lol

Can we do this already haha

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Okay, since this takes forever and its suffering from S&M Syndrome (not the user) atm I think we should just do it tonight or tomorrow. Someone propose a moderately decent theme (No Entry Hazards, only Kanto mons etc) and lets see how many people we get. Either that or we just establish a set day that it will be on and lets just do it then who shows up, plays who doesn't doesn't. Its absolutely ridiculous that we can't get this going lol.

Detox

Well idk it looks like the server is down or something since It keeps timing out for me.

But yes I really dont think an inpromptu comm night would work well, I mean who shows up shows up doesn't sound too hot, we don't know what people have to do and it could interfere with their plans.

Also I am free anytime due to lack of motivation to go anywhere at this point in time.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    Well, since the 2010 Get Together is happening (soon I would think :x), it wouldn't hurt if we ran a couple community nights in a row for our users. And I don't think it would hurt anybody that its when other events are running =D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Id really like the possibilities of a team swap concept. Where you are told to swap teams with your opponent or be told to keep your current one each round and the teams will be PM'd to a neutral non participating individual at the start - that way you cant make a crappy team deliberately to make other users at a disadvantage.

I also like the "ban typing/s each round" but i feel that might draw it out a bit longer than what we want.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Id really like the possibilities of a team swap concept. Where you are told to swap teams with your opponent or be told to keep your current one each round and the teams will be PM'd to a neutral non participating individual at the start - that way you cant make a crappy team deliberately to make other users at a disadvantage.

I also like the "ban typing/s each round" but i feel that might draw it out a bit longer than what we want.

First theme is way too easy to have a Rhyperior/Electivire/Umbreon/Weavile/Tentacruel/Swinub sabotage and doesn't sound in any way fun at least to me lol. The second one sounds fun but you know how lazy everyone is with building new teams etc.

I like something simple like no Stealth Rock, which won't be a problem now that people can't just spam Salamence...we could also let Latias/Salamence return just for fun, and we all have good Latias teams already.

Either way we need to agree on a day and time now, I feel that next weekend on a night (I prefer Saturday but I don't know who has plans etc.) from 7:00 Eastern Time to 11:00 would suffice. We may need some time to build teams depending on the last tournament theme, which we also need to decide on. It took well over two hours to complete the four tournaments we did on the first comnight, and this is basically the length of five. Giving us time to get people signed up (we're going to have to do it then or at least post the thread on the morning of the comnight since in both cases people who signed up beforehand just didn't show up -_-) is essential and should let us complete matches quickly enough to not go past 11:00. Also, I'd like a functioning main chat, as both of the past two were a combo of complaining about no one being on and people organizing the tournaments, effectively eliminating the presence of any chat. Of course, the topics will be Pokemon related at least loosely.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Either way we need to agree on a day and time now, I feel that next weekend on a night (I prefer Saturday but I don't know who has plans etc.) from 7:00 Eastern Time to 11:00 would suffice. We may need some time to build teams depending on the last tournament theme, which we also need to decide on.

I'm cool with that time. So as far as the tournament(s), we're doing standard OU, standard UU/NU, and one other 'themed' tourney? Unbanning Latias/Mence or removing entry hazards sound like the best overall ideas as far as that last tourney goes.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The second tournament is UU. If we do comnight again, NU will presumably replace UU and then they would just alternate. Of course, even if this works, there is only so much time before Black and White come out on Shoddy or some other simulator.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    That time is fine for me as well, and I want no SR like I stated earlier.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    This Saturday/Sunday at 7-11 EST will work great for me as well. I'm also down for a SR theme, but I also want to propose a Fan Favorite style tourney- each round, the team is required to have a Pokemon voted on by non-participating members of the tourney.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Since people are posting I will too: sounds good to me if it's the time we agreed (?) on.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Very well, bar objections from multiple people, this will be tomorrow from 7:00 PM Eastern time to 11:00 PM Eastern time (though who knows it might run a little bit late).

I'm going to post the sign-up thread for the tournaments now (doing it through this thread is seriously inconvenient) since I'm going to wake up at a later hour (probably right around when it starts lol) so I don't want to get things started too late.

Let's hope this actually works. We like, need people to show up or it sort of won't. Let me just remind everyone that we're one for two on comnight and one more failure WILL end it for at least a period of several months but probably forever. While I can't really control that anymore methinks bringing back something that has proven to be a failure just won't happen. Let's do this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back