• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

S&M Fakemon Project [Stage III: Name and Movepool]

What concept do you prefer?

• Other (specify why you don't like the other three)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • The S&M Fakemon Project

Introduction

That's right, thanks to the server Petie generously keeps for us, we have the capability to make Fakemon! In case it wasn't obvious, a Fakemon is a Pokémon that is created by us fans rather than Nintendo. This will be a lot like Create-A-Pokémon Project, except there are key differences. Most notable of these differences is that we are making this just for fun—we aren't really concerned with concepts that likely won't come to fruition anyway, replacing the current top ten with new Pokémon that are perhaps more dominating than the old ones, or trying to learn about the metagame. This is just our attempt at adding an interesting twist to what many consider to be a stale, boring, and incredibly over-centralized metagame. If you're interested in making a competitively viable Pokémon for the sake of fun and maybe even balancing out the metagame, this project is for you!

General Policy

Simply put, we intend to make this much shorter than the CAP process on Smogon. Naturally, we are basing our own project off of what they have done since it has been relatively successful and provides a good outline on how to run this. However, we are doing away with the idea of a concept altogether. There is really no purpose in doing a concept since they are often overshadowed in the end, and since this is just for fun, we have no reason to to make a broad concept when we could just get straight to the point without losing quality or wasting time. However, we will have an opening discussion about where we as a community want to go with this Fakemon. If there is no agreement at all, we will force it to a vote, but this is a just a discussion that should provide us with the basic outline of what we want our Fakemon to accomplish.

The next change is that there will be no art at all, but rather voting on sprite submissions from PC's artists. While Smogon also has sprite voting, we will simply take a group of samples and put them up for a vote. There will be a similar process for our Fakemon's base stats, typing, ability or abilities, and movepool. The voting process for each of these votes will be simple: there will be one poll where all of the viable options (as determined by the S&M staff, though we intend to be lenient) will be put up for a vote in the same poll. If one option gets a majority (more than 50%) of all votes cast, it will be chosen and we will move on. If there is not, the two top options are placed in a second poll and there will be another vote. Any ties will be broken by a final vote from the S&M staff.

Once everything is decided on, we will implement the Fakemon onto the server, and we will test it. From there, we will discuss its positive and negative attributed and go through a period of editing its major flaws. We will not edit it until it is "perfect," but we will use the editing stage to ensure that our Fakemon is not too overpowered or underpowered. If its power is where it should be, we will conclude our project and, if all goes well, prepare for the second installment.

Procedure

With the general policy outlined, here is the order that we expect to do this is and the amount of time each step will take. However, this is subject to change, as we must be flexible considering the fact that we have never done this before. That aside, here is the specific procedure we have planned out. NOTE: Everything under II will be voted on.

I. Opening Discussion

II. Pokémon Creation

A. Typing, Stat Spread, & Ability/Abilities

B. Sprite Selection

C. Movepool & Finishing Touches

III. Testing

IV. Evaluation & Editing

Conclusion

For now, that's all there is to say. We will soon begin the opening discussion and will get the ball rolling as soon as possible. If you're interested, check back in S&M for more developments. We are looking forward to having a good time with this project!

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • This project sounds like a lot of fun. I'd much like to be a part of it. Fakemon are always good fun.I reckon that if someone sees a fakemon (made by someone else) that they like that they send in a comment about it, either saying +1 or -1. These scores should then be added up, just so the fakemon creator can get some feedback on their work.Have fun with this Fakemon project everyone.~Safety

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Since Latias could be banned (or may have already been banned depending on when some of you read this) Infernape usage will rise, ScarfTar usage will most likely rise as well, Blissey usage will fall and we will have a more physically oriented metagame. So, naturally something that can counter or check ScarfTar/Infernape would be in order.

I guess that could be a starting point.

Also, maybe something that can come in on Rotom-A would be nice? It pretty much walls 99.99999999999999999999% of physical sweepers [/wreckless exageration]. I know ScarfTar does, but it would be nice to not have to rely on ScarfTar or ScarfHeracross or <insert scarf user that learns a dark or ghost type move> to counter them. We all know its annoying how useful it is, so something to take the "edge" off of it would be nice.

So, if anyone has anything to expand, contract, point out or suggest beyond that would be swell.

Hope this turns out to be fun. ~

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Just some ideas before going to sleep, a lead that could set up Spikes and SR well that could fit on offensive teams? Kind of like Deoxys-S before it was banned, but make it less centralizing as a lead. Take away Taunt and lowering Speed are things that come to mind.

Having something to check Salamence, Latias, Rotom-A (without worrying about being burned), and Gengar would be nice as well.

Another viable Scarf user similar to Jirachi but not risking a speed tie with +1 Salamence?

Another good defensive Ghost so we aren't forced to always use Rotom-A (or Spiritomb and Mismagius I guess) on stall or offensive teams as the spin blocker (there is Gengar for offense teams).

Physical variant of Blissey?!

Other than that, I can't think of anything atm.

Cute layout btw. ;DD

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Oooh this will be fun...

Good concepts? Ehh...

- Something that is not Pursuit weak and can revenge kill +1 Mence without speed tying
    - Maybe a Gen 5 prediction Fakemon?
    - Something not named Pursuit user or Tyranitar to beat Ghosts with
    - Special Technician Sweeper?
    - A more viable OU Rapid Spinner than Starmie (forced to give up coverage) or Forretress (struggles without Payback, which doesn't do much to Ghosts) or Tenta (not even really used much lol)

Just some ideas off the top of my head. Hope this turns out to be fun!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well a few concept i have really.

1. A countering utility, yeah i think we would all love something that could be a counter to Salamence (this especially) and other threats.

2. Another ghost with unique typing, like ghost/steel or something. Having to use Rotom as the bulky ghost on spikes stacking is meh. Noir, Tomb etc are kinda lolno as they lack the stats and typing to serve (resistances) as useful. Ghost with SR would be hot.

3. A sweeping grounded poison type in OU that is a top threat. We lack this and so offensive teams are kinda Toxic Spikes bait unless you use levitation and steels which adds to dragon/steel centralization.

4. A good scarfer that is above base 100 speed and that isn't horrible pursuit bait to serve as a check to things and can function as a sweeper outside of a scarfer too.

5. Another dominant special sponge whom isnt called Blissey.

6. More offensive Spikes users.

7. Better Rapid Spinners. Seriously.

8. Something with unique typing combo's that have never been done (i.e Fire/Water or Grass/Electric, Steel/Normal etc)

Thats all i have for now lol

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • The thing I would want the most, would be a physical poison-type attacker that could check mixape and switch into Rotom-A with little to next to no fear at all. Fire/Poison, much?

Also another defensive ghost would be nice barring the aforementioned scrotom.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Once this opening procedure is done, how about a vote (poll type thing with each good idea presented, vote ONCE per person then which ever idea has the most votes we use that)?

Also why are people acting like the Rotoms formes have no counters ? "Go Heatran, Draco Meteor, Snorlax, Dark Pulse Dunsparce etc" -.- lol

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Aura: offensive poision type or non-pursuit bait scarfer are my votes
    Aura
    : poison and a good secondary typing
    Aura: maybe we could do both of those in one pokemon :o

Too lazy to retype everything...

Years
  • I was thinking something better suited for preventing SR set up from dumb suicide leads like Aero, Azelf, Infernape, etc. Super fast taunt user mb? It would have to have some key weaknesses tho otherwise it + Mence/Gyara/etc. would become too common. Unless, of course, we get a better Mence check.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Just to let you guys know if any cool concepts pop up in here, I'm "borrowing" it for my game. :)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    @ Offensive Poison + non-Pursuit weak Revenge Killer

I was thinking a Poison-type with Dark or Fighting as a secondary, or have Electric, Ground, Rock, or Water (those are the types neutral to Dark but can be a good offensive STAB) with a bulkier stat spread to absorb a Pursuit well. Poison / Dark could work as a better Drapion basically, except give it Sucker Punch to revenge things. Fighting however seems to be a better offensive STAB and could hit very hard with CC, but then it doesn't get STAB on Pursuit and Sucker.

As for Ability, Cloud Nine, Insomia / Vital Spirit, Iron Fist, Limber, Mold Breaker, Natural Cure, Scrappy, and Shed Skin could all work. Limber imo would be the best though, seeing as it will be a revenge killer being paralyzed sucks. Cloud Nine is probably useless because weather teams aren't much of an issue.

Just some ideas.

Edit: Sorry if I'm going to far in the procedure lol. >_>

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Posting here to say I'm seconding wolf's ideas.

Also, I think the ability Scrappy or Mold Breaker would be far too broken. I think there is a reason that only lower tier pokemon get those abilities, because otherwise they would be really broken.

I think maybe Guts would be a good ability. As a revenge killer we don't want it to be completely destroyed by status.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just to let you guys know if any cool concepts pop up in here, I'm "borrowing" it for my game. :)

You arent borrowing anything sir until you post in S+M moar and get on shoddy. ;;

I like the dark/poison type thing actually. Id love something specially oriented with that typing lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Personally, I want something that actually addresses the problems everyone always complains about in the metagame. Another revenge killer seems to just be another version of Jirachi, Tyranitar, or Heatran. Poison is just such a terrible type offensively and with Fire it really is asking to get killed by virtually every attack in the game (Earthquake, Stone Edge, Surf, etc.), so I don't really see its use. I mean it's not like we don't have non-Pursuit bait revenge killers already, so why bother? And yeah I realize I combined two ideas into one jumbled up and unfocused paragraph, sorry 'bout that lol.

One of my favorite ideas is a better Rapid Spinner. Wow, both offensive and defensive teams rely on Stealth Rock and in the latter's case Spikes/Toxic Spikes. A Rapid Spinner that isn't Pursuit/Ghost-types bait would just be lovely. As for how we would make it work, I consider something with Scrappy to be ideal, as it basically eliminates Spin blocking. It crossed my mind that this might be a little too easy, but indeed, Magnezone killing Steels is easy too. Magnezone is mediocre other, however, and with this I think it should not be much different. I think its stats should be balanced and well-rounded and its movepool instead taking the abuse. I mean, look what a bad movepool did to Tauros. Making it set-up bait doesn't seem like a particularly bad idea to me. However, I don't want my anti-stall bias to take over, so I think that we should deny it recovery outside of rest and certainly make it hazards weak in some form or another.

On the completely other end of the spectrum, I also support an offensive Spiker. Wow, the choices now are really limited. The only real choice is Skarmory (Forretress is basically inferior but it works too), and honestly, that's so easy to beat (though it's still pretty good, but wow on offensive teams it's useless). Again, as a support Pokemon, I don't want it to have any kind of offense. It should just be a good supporter imo.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I dunno, a scrappy rapid spinner seems a little ya know "much". Id much prefer a dark type spinner to nail ghosts with Crunch. But i feel making it slower (so at risk from Wisp, it can Rest it off so w/e) and have mediocre/bad s.def (like forry) would balance things a little more. Both spinner and spin blocker then has a chance of winning depending on skill as outlined by Devi below which i believe would be much better.

Also in regards to the Zone argument, Zone can be avoided (shed shell) and it only traps specific steels (most of them beat it anyway see: Tran, Empoleon, U-Turns, not being able to OHKO Lucario etc) other than that "lol useless". Scrappy spin cannot be avoided and it basically makes entry hazards unviable which makes entire strategies and playstyles unviable (Yanmega was banned for doing this in uu, it made offense totally unviable and made the metagame shift totally to stall so yeah. :x). Im not keen on eliminating play styles with this project in the slightest tbh. I know it was just an idea thrown in the melting pot, i understand, but yeah lol.

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Scrappy really would be too much. I also support it being Dark-type and having low sp. def for balance, but I see no point in it being slower. If you RS, you are already risking taking a Wisp to the face regardless (since you're not damaging any crap by spinning anyway), and by being able to Crunch before the Wisp means you're playing a much bigger mindgame with the opponent's spinblocker- do they stay in for the Crunch, or do they switch to something that allows you to Spin but counters your stuff (or spin and etc)?

But then, I'm against Pursuit in this concept for no reason other than it would ruin that awesome mindgame setup.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Aura: offensive poision type or non-pursuit bait scarfer are my votes
    Aura
    : poison and a good secondary typing
    Aura: maybe we could do both of those in one pokemon :o

Too lazy to retype everything...

I, for one, am in support of this, but more so on the thought of using a pokemon with a strong base (s)attack but a bad attacking STAB. This way, we can see if this pokemon could succeed with just stabless attacks or using its powerful STABs (i.e. Gunk Shot).

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I, for one, am in support of this, but more so on the thought of using a pokemon with a strong base (s)attack but a bad attacking STAB. This way, we can see if this pokemon could succeed with just stabless attacks or using its powerful STABs (i.e. Gunk Shot).

We already know this. CB Metagross sucks. I bet you'd find Flash Cannon >>> Aura Sphere SpecsLuke to be pretty mediocre too. Specs LAtias with Psychic isn't exactly ideal. Why would we intentionally nerf our own Pokemon to such a level where there is no point in using it?

Yeah, I basically retract Scrappy for the Spinner. Too strong. However, certainly something to beat Ghost-types would be in other, probably a Dark-type or Ghost-type. However, it shouldn't be able to so effortlessly beat Ghosts that we might as well give it Scrappy, lol. I just hope that we keep that in mind.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Maybe (I know I'm kinda getting ahead of everything) a pokemon like this:

Dark/Poison
    Ability: Guts
    HP - 62 [Enough to take hits, but not overly bulky]
    Atk - 119 [So Ghost-Types are scared of it]
    Def - 99 [Again, for some bulk]
    Spe - 52 [So people can't ***** out scarf sets -.-]
    SpA - 63 [Gotta have some drawback]
    SpD - 83 [b u l k]

Decent, but not overpowering base stats, enough bulk to live a hits. Typing lets its scare off ghost-types. Speed is slow so its not too strong, as is SpA as it has to have a drawback or two. Give it like Rapid Spin, Foresight and Pursuit (forces mind games which are the funnest part of pokemon). Base 52 Speed also makes it not a pokemon where people can just go "CHOICE SCARF!!!!!" and make a set (I, for one, am tired of Scarf sets). Stat spread also leaves viability for CB set if one desires. Poison was picked as the secondary typing because other types made it weak to Stealth Rock or made it too powerful, imo.

Again, I know I'm getting way ahead of pace here, but I felt like a general "concept" of what we are trying to do here would help get things going a little easier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back