• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Anime You Watched...:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
Years
  • The only Anime I have is "Air: The Motion Picture" and I find it a very emotional feeling in the end

Clannad, Angel Beats, Kanan(Did I spell that right?) are very touching in the end. Angel Beats I would consider to be my favorite Anime ever! The ending was just....very sad for the main character. Oh the thought of how he'll be like his lover, alone for a long while..just touches you.
    I Saw Air and it is Pretty verry sad.:( I cried a lot after that and then was sleeping all day...It was pretty sad
    Death Note, Light died D: But I haven't watched any really sad anime, so I can't tell
    Oh that was my first anime that the main character died...:( Although i think did he deserve it???:/
    I saw a thread titled "Which anime has made you cry?" ...though it was locked for being a duplicate. In that sense I hope this bump isn't frowned upon.

Anime I've cried to...one manly tear.

Sora no Woto
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Kiki's Delivery Service (yea, we know the relation between the two haha)
    Usagi Drop (first episode only)

just a few, I probably could name one or two more but my memory doesn't serve mer well at 3 am.
    Hopefully this does not gets close.XD Kiki's Delivery???Yeah i did shed a little tear when she could not use magic or She could not talk to the cat (Gigi was it???)

Greywyn

Ace
    Years
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I cried so many times during that anime, ESPECIALLY the end. It has to be my favorite anime. The story was so captivating. I dared not miss an episode. I bought all of the seasons and I cannot wait for the new movie in April.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Got to say it was my first anime that was the saddest, Digimon Tamers man the end was just heart breaking, I always cried at that scene especially the Henry and Terriermon part.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2020
    Clannad After Story (although watching Clannad before is required, to create a strong emotional bond with the characters)

Years
  • Hmm saddest anime i have watched must be Inuyasha, Angel Beats and Bokura ga ita! Especially Bokura ga ita :'( but I like it how they always add comedy =) Like joker said, the best comedy is tragedy lol jk XD

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Angel Beats D:
    I haven't watched a ton of anime though.

Also that episode of FMA involving Tucker, Nina, and Alexander.
    I actually change the channel when that comes on adultswim.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Nice Mio avatar :3 correct me if i am wrong

Oh that reminds me, K-on has one sad part T.T

Yup :D
    Mio's my favorite K-On character.

Idk if i've seen this sad part yet, as I haven't finished the second season/series.
    I imagine the last episode will be sad. Even if it's a happy episode i'll still be sad that it's over :/

Years

• Yup :D
    Mio's my favorite K-On character.

Idk if i've seen this sad part yet, as I haven't finished the second season/series.
    I imagine the last episode will be sad. Even if it's a happy episode i'll still be sad that it's over :/

oh you must watch the second season, for me it was bettter than the first one. ahha but i won't spoil =P

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • Full Metal Alchemist.....I haven't found any other animes that keep me interested, yet have dramatic portions aswell.....Though I'd like to.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Fruits Basket. I don't remember much but I remember that every single episode made my heart sting.

SevenShirokami

Cosmo of Light and Dark
    Years
  • I hate to admit that I am disturbingly callous and indifferent to sad animes. I never really cried during whatever scene in anime, be it a heartbreaking separation, a cruel past, or the death of a main character or the such. However, despite this unfeeling nature, a tear escaped me in a particular ending scene in Clannad (I forgot what was it, but it certainly penetrated its way through my ferocious character).

Other than that, I'm not much of a 'sad anime watcher'. I tend to stay away from shows with bad endings or a disturbing series of events throughout the play. The tragedy, romantic complications (separation and such), and the like genre just isn't my thing when it comes to anime or any form of entertainment for that matter.

I love Clannad! That's my absolute favorite anime (not including movies, I suppose. Then I would have to say that My Neighbor Totoro is my favorite!)
    I bawl at the end of every arc though.
    Although, I am an incredibly emotional person, and sometimes I just feel like I need to cry about something, but I can't physically cry without a reason. During these situations, I tend to go on Youtube and look up peoples' top ten lists for saddest anime.

I have to admit, Clannad, the last few episodes of Angel Beats!, the few clips I've seen of Kanon and Air, the last episode of Chobits, and a few parts of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle left me in tears. ESPECIALLY Clannad and Angel Beats!.
    Also, Elfen Lied is sad in it's own way, as is Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)

laccey

xooooo
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    angel beats was the saddest for me. despite it being filled with comedy and only being 13 episodes, it was filled with intense meanings and depressing backgrounds that you could relate to. it had two different endings as well, both horribly sad. :(

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
    Years
  • Mine is in the end of the one where Ash releases Pikachu but Pikachu comes back to Ash I didn't even know if I was crying from sadness or Joy, lol.

^This. Makes me cry everytime. It's so sad. And then Pikachu comes back, and the tears still won't stop because I'm so happy.

I don't get much chance to watch anything other than Beyblade and Pokemon, and that's only on days I don't work and I spend the day with my daughter. She's 15 months old and loves those 2 shows.

DominusValdo

Friend to all...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2012
    I thought Brotherhood was sad but Gurren Lagann got me the worst. I was really into it and the unfolding of events was saddening.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Fairy Tail makes me cry week on week ;_;.

I think it's because the rest of the anime is so light hearted, so when it gets deep/sad it hits a lot harder and isn't so expected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back