• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest episode

squirtle_girl

Zeni~!
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    The saddest episodes would be... Goodbye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, Bulbasaur the Embassador, the episode where Ash gave Charizard to Liza, and a whole lotta others. I didn't get a chance to see the episode where Squirtle leaves but I would cried too. Oh yeah, I also cried in when I saw the first and fourth movie, even though those aren't episodes.

Piiikacchuu...

BY FAR the saddest one I've seen was 'Pikachu's Goodbye'. Even if I haven't seen it in a while, I can still remember watching it and being really scared if Pikachu would leave...it was then that I realised the series would lose a lot of viewers if Pikachu left, and that it wasn't going to happen. For some unexplainable reason, I was still scared the whole episode through. :tired: , bah silly me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • k everyone picked all these "hot picks" for saddest episode... but here's an original idea...

"Fly Me To the Moon"

what considered to be a useless filler can easily be very sad... if that Pidgey dies in space than voila first death for Pokemon and first tragic for Pokemon... dying for your dream is very sad imho...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I cry evertime I see ground types get hit my electric attacks, etc. Untrue to the games makes me cry. ;-;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    I cry evertime I see ground types get hit my electric attacks, etc. Untrue to the games makes me cry. ;-;

lol... how come i kind of saw that one coming...

not to mention Pikachu's iron tail is rather "superior"... I'm going to try Iron Tail with Pikachu against Camerupt! *burnt rodent in hospital the next day*

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Weird thing.... when Celebi was wilted, I was trying not too laugh, it looked so nasty.

Anyway...

I get upset... not really sad, but upset... when I see Hitmonchan, Machoke, and/or Electabuzz portrayed as bad guys or poor fighters. This happens quite a lot. It's probably because they aren't "cute and marketable" like some of the other Pokemon. Bah... Houndoom and Totodile beating a Machop and Machoke my @ss. Biased anime.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Houdoom could beat Machop, easy. Machop's base stats are too low to compete with Houdoom's. Machoke could get caught in a counter from Houndoom, but that's a whole 'nother off-topic story. ^_^;

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Kairi... look.. I know Machop is unevolved and crap, but this isn't the game. I bet they never even acknowledged Dark's fighting weakness, but the stupid anime has to keep GLORIFYING the new pokemon. And they always portray my favorites poorly. I don't need your "well, in game mechanics, blah blah blah" and then you repeat what you've read about the game on the internet. Unevolved beat evolved all the time in anime, but they treat Machop as a poor fighter all the time, never "cute" or "cuddly" like freakachu and eevee and stuff.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Something that always gets me sad is Bye Bye Butterfree.
    Something else that's sad is when ash's weak unevolved pokemon beat all the other really powerful ones.I mean, Pikachu beating Dragonite?Just doesn't make sense to me.

Back