• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Safari Zones

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • I like how they're a different kind of way to catch Pokemon than just battling them like normal. I found the encounter rates for specific Pokemon to be too low and have them run away too quickly, but I think it's a great idea they could've spent more time fine-tuning. I like the way the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones were laid out, and the daily Pokemon in the Great Marsh made it a lot more interesting to me. Those daily encounters are one of the first things I think of when Sinnoh comes to mind, and it's unique just for that. Overall, as someone who goes out of her way to catch everything, I don't mind it but I do think they've had multiple chances to try and improve upon it.

Days
    • Seen today
    I've always liked the concept of the Safari Zone, but I've never cared for how it was executed in game. I always wanted something like the Terarium from The Indigo Disk, only with a lot more variety in the Pokemon available in each biome and *substantially* less tedious, arbitrary grinding - and no mandatory multiplayer component - to unlock everything. HGSS has the best one in my opinion, although honestly I think the whole concept was a lost cause for me from the beginning: spending hundreds of hours as a nine year old trying and catch Kangaskhan, Scyther, and Chansey only to have them run away every time will do that to you.

Back