• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sailor Moon Club

Orange_Flaaffy

Crystal Bell Keeper
    Years
    Jedi_Caroline said:
    That's really sad. I mean, they could have at least repeated it sometimes.... and how could their rights run out? o___O; That's amazing.

By the way... from what I have heard, America airs a lot of Japanese cartoons so where are all the US made shows? (I don't live in America but no-one that I know ever talks about American made cartoons...)
    Basicly, studios buy the rights to make a dub and put it out on DVD. As it is, the maker of Sailor Moon has decided she not longer cares to renew the little agreement that let's companies in the US be even able to place a bid for the rights. So that means, no more new subs or dubs or anything. Once the shops run out of the DVD/VHS they have, that's it :(.

I meant US made cartoons that try to look like anime. There are a few good ones, but only a few :sleeping:

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    We only ever got the first series of sailor moon in the UK ._. Cartoon Network here isn't as good as the US. The only two animes we've ever really had on it are Sailor Moon and Escaflowne. We've also had One Piece but that's about it :/
    That's why I had to buy the DVD sets to see the other series ^^;

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Wow...I missed this club. ^^ Yep, I wanted to watch the Japanese so I got almost all of the seasons. I just need S and I am done. =3

I seen them in English. ^^ Here is a pic.

Sailor Moon Club

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Was StarS the final series? Are they planning to make any more or just concentrate on the live action ones?

I'd like to see S :3

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yep, StarS is the final one. I need to get the rest of the epsiodes. So far I only got Vol 1 and 2 fansubed. I only hope they will bring it to the States. But I doubt it. *sigh*

Right now The Live action one is the only one, snice the anime series is over. I wish they could make another anime season. XD

Yeah, you should watch it. It is soo good. S is my favorite series. SuperS is my second fave. =3

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I've seen some short clips from the live action..it looks so random XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I think I seen some too. I wanted to download a epsiode, but alas...my connection is too slow. ;-;

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I've seen all of the live action and it's mixed, it's both good but I used the fast forward button WAY to much in the series.

The live action series completed in Sept. ish of 2004, but continued with specials to December. Right now, there is no more live action planned, the actress who played Rei has already made it clear she will not be back, and it seems like the others are moving on with there careers. Supposedly, the rating of the series in Japan were not that hot, but from the posts of other fans I've read online the majority of the opinions were good.

*ROOMER ALERT* A few fans have talked with a higher marketing people within ADV, the person believed that Live Action Sailor Moon could work in the US.

Last edited:
    Years
    I love that picture. ^^; She looks so pretty.

Hmm... I have never watched the Live Action.
    Luna is supposed to be a doll... why couldn't they have used a real cat, like they always do in most movies and TV shows? =(
    That would have been better...

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Hey sweeties, can I join since I was forced to watch the horrible dubs when I was 7 and actually got into it? XD Also, I liked it...XD

<straight>Sailor Mercury is pwetty!</striaght>

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Jedi_Caroline said:
    Luna is supposed to be a doll... why couldn't they have used a real cat, like they always do in most movies and TV shows? =(
    That would have been better...

Doll...AND CGI, which was crappy. The best answer I can give is Toei is known for there cheapness...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Yeah, she looked so weird as a doll o.o;
    It would be so strange to see americans playing SM characters XD

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    So Luna is a doll? Man...that is bad. To think they can use a real cat. Oh well. I still want to see it. It looks very interesting.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    At this point, the series has not been licenced so BitTorrent is your best chance for seeing the series, and the group that did the entire series minus some of the specials was #Tv-Nihon. I'm not going to provide any links due to unsureness about forum rules on these issues.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Sailor Moon Club

Hi Trans! Welcome back. =3 Yay, thanks for reviving the club. I don't want it to die. XD

Back