• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Santalune Forest

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Did you know Santalune Forest's layout is extremely similar to Viridian Forest in Kanto? Also, all the Pokemon available in Santalune Forest were available in Viridian Forest. It's also the first forest you encounter in game, as well.

What did you think of this? I didn't know that the Santalune Forest was a callback to Viridian until someone on Youtube mentioned this. Tbh, it's expected at this point. Generation Six started the major "Kanto pandering" or whatever.

Years
    Yeah I think I first heard about this during a let's play of XY (I didn't get the games until the Christmas after they came out) and was really getting a Gen 1 pandering vibe from the games haha. That sort of stuff doesn't annoy me too much though, there was a lot of Kanto stuff thrown in your face during Gen 6, but Viridian Forest was the beginning of a lot of our Pokemon adventures, so I found it to be a nice little callback. I would have rather they spent the time exploring the many mysteries the Kalos region left us with instead though *sigh*

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Rather than gen 1 pandering I think the developers just copied Viridian Forest out of lazyness, or they need to put their resources on something else. If I remember correctly this is the game where Pokemon did transition to a new system and transition to 3D. The game where they need to make 3D models of hundreds of Pokemons and their 3D animations. Maybe this is also the reason why gen 6 only have 72 new Pokemons.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I would not classify it as pandering, but more of a callback of sorts which tied in nicely with the actual "Kanto pandering" via mega evolutions.

Back