• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Satoshi's 2-cents on double posting

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Sorry if this is stupid, but is double-posting allowed in 'Fun Time in Pokeland'?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    No falcon, because the double posting rule also protects the bandwidth of pokecommunity -it's not just about people's posts

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I don't think it matters, considering none of your posts there affect your post count. =/

Edit: Or you could put it that way... @ Claire

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Bandwidth wouldn't really be an issue, but yeah. ^^ It breaks the flow of the game/conversation you're participating in, that's why I've always understood it's banned.
    Also, I guess this would be a good time to bring up, when someone double posts/breaks a rule Don't go off-topic informing them it's against the rules, just report the post without posting about it, and leave it to the mods.

An exception might be if they do an off-topic, but well intended post about, say, where to find Trainer Cards, you could point them in the right direction and then get back on the topic. But for the most part, let the mods do it.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Also sweeties, don't double post when your messages are about 6 letters long, and the rest is 25 limit bypass. XD

Back