• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saver or Spender?

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
Years
  • Do you save your money up for big things? Or do you spend on first impulse?

A question I thought up of recently that I thought would make a decent thread.

I am a saver most definitely. I have saved over 100$ and I get 3$ a week.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    as one of my new years resoltions i would like to be a saver this year, because most of the time im a spender...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    In the beginning of the year... I'm a saver...

Then when Christmas time comes...

I AM A SPENDER! Yeah!

So yes, right now I am a saver... But I will be waiting for Christmas once again...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I am a bit of a saver. I'll save my money up, and then if I find I have enough of a budget surplus, I'll splurge on something nice that I want.
    Though I'm really careful about what I get. I tend to prioritize my wants, so when I do splurge, It's always on something really nice that I wanted..

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I used to be an impulse shopper when I was younger, but now I'm such a saver I'm bordering on cheap. xD; I got that little trait from my tightwad parents.

One of my friends can't keep a 5-dollar bill on her without spending it on something stupid and unnecessary though. She literally can't save any money.

Years
  • It's always been my policy to be a saver. I tend not to buy things on impulse and only go for the essential ingredients for a healthy lifestyle, while occasionally buying things for my own leisure. At the moment I've been saving up money I've been granted from the government as a student and am still doing so for the sake of securing my future in higher education.

Years
  • I am a big saver. I hardly ever spend any more, I only buy games, some manga/anime stuff and other tech goodies. =3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    This really depends on the day for me XD
    I usually save, but sometimes I just spend it if I get a lot of money at once. So, I guess I'm a saver unless it is money from a holiday/birthday.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Saver. I can never come to a solid decision on what to buy, so unless I absolutely need anything (new coat at the moment xD) I'll usually stow the money away for later.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I tend to be very stingy with my money unless I have a whole lot of it; then I can become a bit reckless with my spending, but I'll go right back to being stingy once I start running low again. I also hate blowing all of my money in one place. I try to get as much for my money as I can.

It's really hard when I go shopping and I only have a limited about of money - I want something, but usually nothing in particular, and half of the things I see are never worth spending the money on.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • I'm definitely a saver. I like spending money, but I feel guilty whenever I spend a big chunk, so I usually have cash burning a hole in my pocket. (plus I really don't have anything to buy most of the time, as strange as that sounds :P)

Years
  • I'm kind of halfway. If there is something expensive I want (such as a new ds lite after my brother curb stomped it) then I will save up for that. But if I don't really want anything at the time, I will allow myself to blow a bit of my money on stuff I want, and save the rest for another day.

Currently saving for new ds and Resident Evil 5.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I'm a huge saver. My mother jokes a lot about how I don't spend money unless it's her money. I just keep saving and saving, but I get my money taken away from me too frequently because I have so much of it. DDD: I spent all of my Christmas money already only because Mom told me to :333.

That was the most ... non... ;alsdkgh the least topic consistant post I've ever made. It's just SENTENCE. SENTENCE. SENTENCE! ;____;

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I'm a saver because if I were a spender... almost all my money would be gone by now and I wouldn't be able to buy the things that I want.

dewey

Anime Addict
    Years
  • im a saver for sure. ive been saving for prob 3-4 years. i mean ill spend a few here and there but in general i horde it XD!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I'm a spender.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot save. I stopped saving for a DS Lite at about $20 and just bought food. :<

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ^ lol.

Unless my wallet is physically taken from me and left to rot (that happened once), then I'll blow it all on the cheapest things in the store.

I was supposed to go top up my phone, but then I got McDonald's and a sprite instead.

Back