• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say all you want to say about the Catholic Religion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WobbuffetPokemon

Call me Wobbuffet!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    Hello everyone...you can discuss the Catholic Religion here and if you have a thing to say to the POPE just write it down there. You can also comment to the Catholic Religion like "they are only resepecting the Saints"! Also accepting bad comments about the Catholic Religion!

Note: I'm not a Vatican Officer, I just want to talk about Catholic! Oh, By the way if you have thing to say to the Pope and you post it here the Pope cannot read that because I'm not sending all your letters to the Pope.

Alec_

Years
    Catholic Religion is the best Religion ever. ( Because im a Catholic ). I believe in God and in Christ. I always pray to Christ whenever im in trouble or in a fight. And he always help me think better. God Always reminds me of doing good to others. Especially by helping them. Catholic Religion is the highest Religion it's because in the whole world. There are 85% Catholics. Other Religions are only 15%. So for me. Catholic is the best religion ever :3.

~Fairytales.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I can already tell this is gonna get nasty :<

I'm not a fan of Catholicism, I find a lot of the controversy surrounding it rather worrying, along with some of the outlooks on certain people.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Note:
    Bad Things? Nothing against religions around here, or else, report...

Just say good things... There's nothing really bad...

Well, Im Catholic, and I have two reasons why I said that - 1: I am defending my Religion, and 2: I don't want any fighting. Im getting Deja Vu because of this.

Pope Benedict is an active pope. God bless him.

Well, Its fine to be a Catholic. God always is there for you. That's it... :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm not Catholic but Zet is my Pope.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Catholic Religion is the highest Religion it's because in the whole world. There are 85% Catholics.

Question: Does that 85% include Christians as well? Christianity has over 2 billion followers making it the largest religion in the world. I'm just wondering if your statistic there includes Christians too, since you guys are technically the same religion.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Uh oh... I feared a thread like this might pop up...
    I have no views on catholisism. It is just a denomination umongst one of the 5 major religions in the world. I don't feel there is much to dicuss. It's thousands of years old & i'm pretty sure those of us on pC who do belong to the denomination will only say how much they agree on the views of catholisism but as for those who disagre... well there may be some issues arising. As for me i think religion can sometimes be a good way to brinh people together but i don't feel there is much to discuss, especially on a pokemon forum.

Alec_

Years
    Question: Does that 85% include Christians as well? Christianity has over 2 billion followers making it the largest religion in the world. I'm just wondering if your statistic there includes Christians too, since you guys are technically the same religion.
    Yes it includes.

~Fairytales.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Am I the only one here who's Catholic? XD Well, yeah, I'm Catholic and I really dislike everything said about us (the priests and little kids thing, for example). But I'm not overly Catholic. Actually, my belief in God isn't the best. I have a more scientific view on how the world began. I doubt some overlord created the earth and put the first humans on that. It doesn't explain how we got cavemen, first of all. =/

But, really, before you say something bad or stereotypical about someone else's religion, you should get your head out of your ass and do your research first.

Christians and Catholics are the same thing, basically. I believe Catholicism is some form of Christianity.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @ whoever believes Catholic and Christian are the same: No, Christian and Catholic are different. :[ idk how, but they shouldn't be counted as the same.

... since I'm Christian. :3

Alec_

Years
    @ whoever believes Catholic and Christian are the same: No, Christian and Catholic are different. :[ idk how, but they shouldn't be counted as the same.

... since I'm Christian. :3
    Um. But i think they believe in one Messiah/Jehovah right?

~Fairytales.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ... I believe so. idk, I think Catholics are a lot stricter in the rules they enforce.. according to their relig-- yeah I'll shut up now. :[

But yeah, they shouldn't be classed as the same.

Years
    Catholic Religion is the best Religion ever.
    ~Fairytales.
    How old are you? Eight?
    It isn't a game you know.

I think it's awesome that they believe in fairytales~~~
    But they are good ones.
    Water into wine FTW!

I can already tell this is gonna get nasty :<
    What topic doesn't now a days with us around! XD

Uh oh... I feared a thread like this might pop up...
    Really? Ok, what number am I thinking off?

Right, I was brought up and raised as a Catholic. I went to church every Sunday and was a good little boy.
    However, I am a very scientific person. I started to look at my religion when I was about 14 and actually thought about what could be possible.
    • Heaven and Hell - Who is to they there isn't?
    • God - Evolution created us. I have looked at the facts and it looks more possible.
    That was a shorter list than I though... But yah.

Alec_

Years
    ... I believe so. idk, I think Catholics are a lot stricter in the rules they enforce.. according to their relig-- yeah I'll shut up now. :[

But yeah, they shouldn't be classed as the same.
    Yup your right. Catholics are much more stricter in the rules. It's because they only want to believe in One God. Which is Jehovah/God. also Jesus Christ. And i think they are complaining about Science. Because Science said that the world begain in something not in God. Oh it's confusing ~_~. But still i believe in GOD because God always help me in something :>

EDIT:
    How old are you? Eight?
    It isn't a game you know.
    Im just expressing what i feel in my Religion okay?

~Fairytales.

Alec_

Years
    Yeah, I met someone that was Lutheran. He attended church and spoke of a God similar to Christianity/Catholicism, and I'm all, "Whooaa..." I'm just a little confused.
    It's confusing. But i think they really believe in God. And that's great :3.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Really? Ok, what number am I thinking off?

Sorry Alenthia i hadn't meant to be domineering ^^
    I just always had pondered my thoughts to imagine what would happen if something like this may happen and thought it would be bad. But i thought i might not give a whole back story! Don't assume i'm in anyway against the topic though. Like i said i think religion is a good way to bring people together. Being in church every Sunday with your fellow community and also having camps for kids that aren't always based on religion is great! I've even gone on a course this year and i stayed in a misionary(Used as a normal college now) wiith a preist as a guide and he had to be one of the coolest guys i know! And the week was one of the best weeks of my life! And the catholic church run it every year for tenneagers in my area. So i think religion is benificial to communities and how they glue. That is what i believe. I don't have any veiws on their beliefs because they are just what they trust and i respect any persons views on any given matter. Especially religion. I have my views and they have theirs. Nobody is correct. Oh and was it maybe 27 xD [/joke joke]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back