• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scarlet and Violet and its...resemblance to New Pokémon Snap?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I seen the trailers and all but do Scarlet and Violet sort of resembles New Pokémon Snap in some sort of form? The way the characters are designed and few of the graphic choices seen in the gameplay look familiar to the spin-off in my perspective, and I am wondering if anybody else has the same idea.

Years
  • I haven't played Snap, but I have seen it and yes I had the same feeling. I am not really a fan of it, but maybe I just have to adjust to it.

pkmin3033

Snap was *substantially* more polished visually than these are shaping up to be. The colours are definitely brighter, but otherwise I don't really see much of a resemblance between the two. If anything these remind me more of the Let's Go titles, only rougher around the edges and with the saturation cranked up to eleven.

Years
  • Snap was *substantially* more polished visually than these are shaping up to be. The colours are definitely brighter, but otherwise I don't really see much of a resemblance between the two. If anything these remind me more of the Let's Go titles, only rougher around the edges and with the saturation cranked up to eleven.

Rougher around the edges? Saturation? How does it resemble Let's Go?
    Sorry if I'm blind or something but I don't really see any of this
    Though I do see how Snap is more polished visually than these games (that's probably attributed to the whole point of the game being its visuals)

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Rougher around the edges? Saturation? How does it resemble Let's Go?
    Sorry if I'm blind or something but I don't really see any of this
    Though I do see how Snap is more polished visually than these games (that's probably attributed to the whole point of the game being its visuals)

I agree, as I fail to see how anyone could believe that the graphics showcased in the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trailers even remotely resembles Pokémon Let's Go. Pokémon Scarlet and Violet appears to be much more polished than Pokémon Let's Go, with smoother textures and more environmental detail. The graphics for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are very similar to New Pokémon Snap, but slightly less polished, possibly because New Pokémon Snap was designed entirely to showcase impressive visuals to photograph while Pokémon Scarlet and Violet includes every element of the typical core Pokémon game, which likely requires more of the console's memory to create. Nonetheless, the trailers did look visually impressive.

Back