• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School Chit-Chat

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
  • images said:
    i try to teach myself, but it's oh-so difficult.
    Being in a good, quiet, and comfortable but too comfortable because you'll fall asleep XD, environment helps.:D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • not to mention, if you want to work, work in a place where the computer is not near you.. or else you'll be tempted by the internet to hop on to PC and post, or play whatever games you got... best thing is to stay away from source of entertainment (go to the library... the quiet atmosphere MAKES you work)

22sa

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    not to mention, if you want to work, work in a place where the computer is not near you.. or else you'll be tempted by the internet to hop on to PC and post, or play whatever games you got... best thing is to stay away from source of entertainment (go to the library... the quiet atmosphere MAKES you work)
    I use the library. And yah, I tend to get tempted to just go online instead if I'm near a computer. ^_^;;

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I know a *little* Japanese, but I want to know more. =( And I just found out that the HS that I'm probally going to attend doesn't have Japanese classes, only Spanish and French... But I also want to learn Spanish. XD

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • We only have the Romanesque Branch Languages ,

Latin , Portuguese , Spanish , Italian , French , German , and then we have Basic Languages , mandarin Chinese and Other Things like Dialect

The Way it works at My school is that you have to take
    a World Language , You get Credits for it since its a credit course.

22sa

Years
  • Dizzy said:
    We only have the Romanesque Branch Languages ,

Latin , Portuguese , Spanish , Italian , French , German , and then we have Basic Languages , mandarin Chinese and Other Things like Dialect

The Way it works at My school is that you have to take
    a World Language , You get Credits for it since its a credit course.
    Madarin is really a course at your school? !! Ah I wish I could take Mandarin since I've forgotten most of it X_X;;

22sa

Years
  • images said:
    you knew mandarin?! where is the hole these posts are coming out of
    I'm form Mainland China so yea, I once knew Mandarin...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i come from Hong Kong myself... i still know enough Cantonese (enough to do everyday life with it except writing) and i can just listen to some mandarin... you can guess out mandarin if you know some cantonese, but for some reason it doesn't work the other way around.

22sa

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    i come from Hong Kong myself... i still know enough Cantonese (enough to do everyday life with it except writing) and i can just listen to some mandarin... you can guess out mandarin if you know some cantonese, but for some reason it doesn't work the other way around.
    Catonese does seems really complicated but than again, I've never taken a course on it before:).

22sa

Years
  • images said:
    i was thinking, should i learn kanji or kana?
    If you mean Katakana, it's for writing English words in Japanese. Kanji is for advanced Japanese, I recommend Hiragana first which is the easiest and most used.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yeah, I think it's called Hiragana... It's like the ABCs, the basics.

The easiest way to learn any language, just go to that country for 4+ years. =P That's how I learnt Chinese (Mandarin)... but if you don't practice your other language, you'll probally forget it. x_x;

22sa

Years
  • Miyu-chan said:

The easiest way to learn any language, just go to that country for 4+ years. =P That's how I learnt Chinese (Mandarin)... but if you don't practice your other language, you'll probally forget it. x_x;
    Yup. Same thing with other subjects in school. You will forget what you learnt last year, or last month, or even today maybe if you don't review it.:D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • most stuff from school are "useless". You'll forget it if you don't practice it, especially languages and math.

22sa

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    most stuff from school are "useless". You'll forget it if you don't practice it, especially languages and math.
    True, Math especially. I'm currently taking Math 30 this semster, than Math 31 next semster so I'll be done Math before going into Grade 12. ^_^;;

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:

it's true. living there and socializing really does help, but if i have a head start, then it won't take 4 years. it took me 1 week to read and write english when i moved here from germany(i'm not german though).

Back