• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School: Lock downs & bomb scares

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Well, It's getting near the end of the school year for some of us. and you know what some people actually try to pull. Some kids might try to pull a bomb threat...Which is exactly happened to my school.

Here's what happened:

It was period 8/9, my study hall. I was in the schools library, when we hear "Attention all students and staff! Attention all students and staff! this is a Code Blue lock down I repeat, this is a code blue lock down. Students should move away from the windows and doors, students that are currently in the halls should move to the nearest classroom, and await further instructions." over the P.A. system

Then, what seemed like a LONG while, this was heard over the P.A. System: "We will now be evacuating the school. Teachers please guide your students out to the nearest exist" or something like that.

Now, I have sensitive skin, I get sunburned real easily! so after i checked in with my homeroom teacher, i went in the shade. a large amount of time passes...

The principal (or i should say INTERIM principal) ...whom i'm so annoyed at now because of this nonsense...so annoyed that i might actually revel her full name....kept changes her mind. This is how it went like:

Go home
    back to bleaches
    Go home
    back to bleaches
    Go home
    Back to bleaches.

until she finally decided to send us home. Now, when this kind of stuff happens, those who have cars can NOT drive the cars home. The entire school was outside since 11:30 AM...I got home around 2:07PM. And I missed my lunch period.

So, you guys, Does (or did, if you already graduated) have lock downs & bomb scares a lot?
    What happened in my school is pretty rare.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    It isn't that strange nowadays. Kids love to do it because they know they'll get this reaction. They often pull it on the day of a big test or something. It costs the school lots of money, and ruins a lot days like yours. It is unfortunate.

I never had a time like this since I was homeschooled, and if I pulled a bomb threat my mom would whoop me.

Years
    Because I live in an area that isn't populated wholly by bored teenagers and because I attend a grammar school (read: selective on an academic basis), my school doesn't have the stupid pranksters that seem to be in every American high school ever (blame teen movies). The most that's ever happened in my school was some outgoing Year 13s covering the names of the buildings with obscene words and placing a picnic bench on the roof of a building.

Years
    There was a bomb threat on our High School last year. The person who made the threat was arrested.

Our school was locked down when the recent shootout near Allen Road in my city occurred.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    There was one time when there was a suspected shooter in town, so they locked the doors so no one could leave, but we didn't stop classes like a full lock down, so I'm not sure if it counts. By the end of the day, it was okay to go home.
    Something like this happened in my elementary. I forget the big details, because it was in.. what, 4th grade? But here's what I remember;
    There was some trouble with this kid, and the new principal (we got a new one after many many years) did something.. I don't know, got the mom mad. Then there were reports that a woman I believe (allegedly the mother of the kid) was walking outside with a gun. Mass panic, mass terror, school shut down for a bit.

I, at the time, was.. 8 or 9, so I didn't take it seriously. I was thinking "Yeah! No school!" But now that I look back on it, I consider things- what if it was serious and someone got hurt? Or what if it was just a rumour, that someone believed?

It's both scary and sad that it's really difficult to tell if a bomb threat or something is real, or a joke. Some say it's a joke, but what if something really happens, and the school didn't do anything? They say it's better to be safe than sorry, but those missed days sometimes are added on to the summer- so either way, it sucks for the kids and the school. So confusing..

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I live in england and to me that has never ever happened to me ever! Just fire alarms,that just sences the smoke off the burned toast in the cafe.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    we had a shooting scare last year, and this year we had a drug bust, both of which were code-red lockdowns. I sat in third period for the shooting scare until about 1:00.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    You have NO idea.

7th grade- 2 bomb threats

8th- This is by far the best year for dumb people. We didn't have any bomb threats then but we had a 2 hour lockdown (which was incredibly entertaining because my buddy Tony had to defocate and thy wouldn't let him go) because someone tripping out on Meth called the cops saying that people broke in and were holding him hostage in his house near the school. Heh, he waas just trppin, nobody was there, they found him hiding in a cupboard.

9th grade- 3 bomb threats

this year- 4 bomb threats and a "broad" threat. One of them REALLY bugged me because they found it the day before and told nobody, so when I get to school they make me go all the way around the giant school to the gym entrance (keep in mind it's -25 farenheit) where they huddle us all in the gym. no fore-warning when we are put in potential danger. Come one!

then today, a couple of goons were wearing bandanas and wigs were walking around the school trying to get in. They didn't realize all the doors were locked and nobody can get in (you can get out) except for the front door. The cops came, but I'm not sure what happened. We were watching them walk around outside from my Graphic design class and my teacher called the office.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    There was a bomb threat at my school and then we all had to go to the basement that was built in the 1950s in case of a Nuclear Attack by the Soviet Union.

It didn't make any sense to me at all, as then we'd have the school collapse down on us.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    back at my old school...there were bomb threats about 3 or four times a year...they didnt even lock us down for it anymore...they would just not let anyone in or out.
    Four times in my three years there someone brought a gun and got caught. once someone shot off a gun at the end of the school day just as the buses left. we got locked down twice for a killer being sited in our area. Stuff like that happened all the time at my old school..and i didnt even go to the worst school in the district...
    so most of the people here already know what to do in an emergency situation...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    From Elementary to Middle School, I've never been forced to go home because of a threat before. There have been many kids who have brought guns to school, but we were never informed to go home.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    There was a bomb threat at my school a month or so ago. Or maybe someone threatened to bring a gun to school. The later is what I think happened. Anyway, they basically just took the students out of the hall and into the nearest classrooms. The police came, checked out the school, and when it turned out that it had just been a threat and nothing more, the principal said over the PA that the teachers could now start teaching. Well, my teacher would have continued teaching even if the school was on fire, so I had to listen to my friends talk about how they did nothing at all for half of first period. Eh. At least nothing had actually happened.

On a somewhat similar note, there were some kids at my school in my grade who were arrested for planning to "torture" other students. I guess they were trying to recreate the movie Saw. Typical teenaged angst gone awry, I suppose. The police said that there was no way the kids would have been able to pull it off, but it was still kind of creepy.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    We've never had a lockdown. Ever. We never had to evacuate the building (aside from drills)... except this one time like a week ago. But that's a first.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    During my senior year of high school, they figured out the Axe trick with the fire detectors, so we had nearly daily fire alarms going off for a while there. It forced to school to go into a strict no-aerosol mode where they checked students for any sprays at the door.

We also had countless bomb threats. Some from students wanting to evade class and even some from a "rival" school (don't get me into the junk that is high school sports, haha).

In my first high school, we had someone actually pull the alarm. Then they later were caught as the alarms mark your hands with ink and they had no idea. It was perfect.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Wow, it seems like you've had quite a day. My school has only had a bomb threat once. There was a criminal in the neighborhood that was loaded with bombs and ammo. He was from a nearby school in Paris, who had ran to the suburbs. He came onto campus to camoflauge himself a student. Well, he quickly got caught for not being in a classroom and ran to his car. He then threatened to throw a bomb, but he got arrested before he had the chance.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    It's hard to understand what's going on when you're at that age. I live in NY, and when 9/11 happened, I was still in Middle School. I didn't really understand what was going on until I got home and my parents explained it to me.
    9/11, I was in Kindergarten. My mom was panicking because my Dad's worksite was a few blocks away from where it happened. She was crying, and picked me up early, and couldn't get in contact with my Dad. I had no idea what was going on.. I didn't get it fully until, what, maybe 5th grade?

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    My school has never had a lockdown before, but we've had to evacuate once because some dummies lit a roll of toilet paper on fire. Oh, and on the last day of school someone pulled the fire alarm. I had a practice lockdown in seventh grade, but no one took it seriously.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I use to love bomb threats/fake fires/whatever. I'd ditch the rest of the school day. Then again, I could walk to school, so it wasn't a problem and was driving at the age of sixteen :P

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Man, I never knew how bad some of your schools had it. anyhow, I remember a few more bomb threats in the past

One..a few years ago, there was a bomb threat here, which sent us home before the minninum amount of hours past to consider it a "full day" and we had to make it up.

Another one happend when I was in middle school, we had to evacute to the high school, and then we went home from there...that one was on the news

And I THINK, I'm not postive. that there was a bomb threat that had us evactue from the high school to the middle school.

Back