• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Scorched Slab

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • So, in RSE, Scorched Slab didn't have much to see. It was just an empty single-room cavern where you could find TM 11. In OR/AS though, it gets a big change--it's now a four floor cavern, at the bottom of which we find a portal leading to a Heatran encounter.

So what are your thoughts on this change? Were you surprised to see Scorched Slab get a bit more development this time around? I personally remember always thinking there had to be something more to Scorched Slab back in RSE, and I frequently even looked around it for a secret passage or a hidden item. It was a little disappointing to find that there was nothing more to find there, so I was really surprised to see how much they changed it in OR/AS! I didn't even expect the Heatran encounter to be at the bottom of the cave either ^^

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I read about in in advance, so Heatran's presence wasn't a surprise, but I'm glad they finally made something out of that cave. I spent a very long time searching it in Emerald, but there wasn't any point at the time.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • So, in RSE, Scorched Slab didn't have much to see. It was just an empty single-room cavern where you could find TM 11. In OR/AS though, it gets a big change--it's now a four floor cavern, at the bottom of which we find a portal leading to a Heatran encounter.

So what are your thoughts on this change? Were you surprised to see Scorched Slab get a bit more development this time around? I personally remember always thinking there had to be something more to Scorched Slab back in RSE, and I frequently even looked around it for a secret passage or a hidden item. It was a little disappointing to find that there was nothing more to find there, so I was really surprised to see how much they changed it in OR/AS! I didn't even expect the Heatran encounter to be at the bottom of the cave either ^^

I suppose, if you think about it, we had to wait ten years for the Scorched Slab to show us it's secrets!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Other than Heatran and Charizardite Y, the Scorched Slab is nothing special. I only went there to get those things and never came back.

Gilles de Rais

Abominable One
    Years
  • I enjoyed it. It's nice to revisit a place you thought was useless, only to find out there's a reason for it to exist.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'm glad it was finally given a purpose beyond TM11. Back in RSE I kept thinking that it had some sort of secret that I missed but there never was, so the Heatran portal was a nice new addition but also a bit disappointing, as I would have preferred something more Hoenn-specific honestly.

Back