• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
TUNA TRY THIS OUT

#dynamic 0x80007C

#org @start
lockall
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @haha 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move2
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @what
boxset 0x06
setvar 0x6000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @haha
= ???:hahaha i created a..!\nOh no i'm late!\pIhave to go!

#org @move2
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @what
= [PLAYER]:who was that?!\nHe left something\pI'll check!

also make sure your var number is 6000 and var value is at 0000 when you look at your script box in advanced map
in your script setvar 0x6000 0x0001 means at variable 6000 and value 0001 this script does nothing so at 0000 it does what its supposed to do making it only happen once(at least that is what i perceived from it)

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
TUNA TRY THIS OUT

#dynamic 0x80007C

#org @start
lockall
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @haha 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @move2
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @what
boxset 0x06
setvar 0x6000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @haha

#org @move2
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @what

also make sure your var number is 6000 and var value is at 0000 when you look at your script box in advanced map
in your script setvar 0x6000 0x0001 means at variable 6000 and value 0001 this script does nothing so at 0000 it does what its supposed to do making it only happen once(at least that is what i perceived from it)
Is this supposed to be for XSE? Then try this;

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
lockall
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @haha MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x0 @move0
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox @what MSG_NORMAL
setvar 0x6000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw 0x62 
#raw 0xFE

#org @haha

#org @move2
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @what
Just cleaned it up a little. =] And yeah, if that's a level script follow what Josh said.

Years
ty you all...and idk whats the level script??
EDIT:josgblevis tried your way out and when i step on the script it just show the ??? person and than upper the hero displays ! and hi says his tect...the ??? persson then not dissapear i want that he dissapear...and the ??? dont says his text and all he need...help

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
@tuna97 Now that I look at it... the ??? person is event number 0? I thought it is 1+.
So try this;

#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
lockall
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @haha MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x1 @move0
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @what MSG_NORMAL
setvar 0x6000 0x1
releaseall
end

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @haha

#org @move0
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @what

What's bolded is what I changed. Because waitmovement 0x0 waits the perfect amount of time. And the ??? person should be an event number 1 and up. So if the event number of the ??? person isn't 1, change it to the desired one.

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
^ Also, in applymovement 0x1 @move0, move0 does not point to any movements. So, change @move0 to @move2.

Chad -

Years
Okay so when I step on the script tile, the game just freezes. It always happens when I try to trigger an applymovement through a script tile. When I trigger the applymovement by TALKING to a person, everything goes as it should be. Do I have some settings wrong or anything? It's really annoying.

Anyway this is the script:
Code:
#clean
#dynamic 0x800000
#include applymovement.rbh

#org @start
applymovement 1 @move
waitmovement 0
message @speech 6
applymovement 1 @follow
applymovement 0xFF @follow
waitmovement 0
message @tv 6
message @2 6
release
end

#org @move
#raw EXCLAMATION_MARK WALK_UP WALK_UP WALK_RIGHT WALK_RIGHT 0xFE

#org @follow
#raw WALK_LEFT WALK_LEFT WALK_LEFT WALK_LEFT 0xFE

#org @speech
= [player]! Look at the TV... Team\nRocket's at it again! This time\lthey've... Well, see for yourself!

#org @tv 
= Team Rocket, a notorious evil\norganisation, has abducted the\llegendary Dog trio, RAIKOU, ENTEI\land SUICUNE. Their current\lwhereabouts are unknown, but we\lfear the worst for the three\lPOKéMON.\pThis concludes our special news\nreport.

#org @2
= Well... There's nothing we can do\nabout it anyway... You should go\lback to sleep, honey.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
^ Also, in applymovement 0x1 @move0, move0 does not point to any movements. So, change @move0 to @move2.

Chad -
Um, yeah. XSE Would point that out by itself. v.v
Okay so when I step on the script tile, the game just freezes. It always happens when I try to trigger an applymovement through a script tile. When I trigger the applymovement by TALKING to a person, everything goes as it should be. Do I have some settings wrong or anything? It's really annoying.

Anyway this is the script:
Code:
#clean
#dynamic 0x800000
#include applymovement.rbh

#org @start
applymovement 1 @move
waitmovement 0
message @speech 6
applymovement 1 @follow
applymovement 0xFF @follow
waitmovement 0
message @tv 6
message @2 6
release
end

#org @move
#raw EXCLAMATION_MARK WALK_UP WALK_UP WALK_RIGHT WALK_RIGHT 0xFE

#org @follow
#raw WALK_LEFT WALK_LEFT WALK_LEFT WALK_LEFT 0xFE

#org @speech
= [player]! Look at the TV... Team\nRocket's at it again! This time\lthey've... Well, see for yourself!

#org @tv 
= Team Rocket, a notorious evil\norganisation, has abducted the\llegendary Dog trio, RAIKOU, ENTEI\land SUICUNE. Their current\lwhereabouts are unknown, but we\lfear the worst for the three\lPOKéMON.\pThis concludes our special news\nreport.

#org @2
= Well... There's nothing we can do\nabout it anyway... You should go\lback to sleep, honey.
It's nothing wrong with the script, it's the script tile.
Unknown has to be: 0300
While the Var number is: 4050

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
Do you want to save the script or compile it? To save it, click the little floppy disk icon (can't get a pic of it. not at my windows machine right now, sorry). XSE will then ask you to select a location to save the script. To compile the changes back into the rom, click the gear icon. Hope this helps

Thank you, I will try that.

Years
destiny demon now when i tried your script it happens that the ! pops up and the ??? disappears...where is the text gone??

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Hey, I was trying to make a script that would make the player turn back unless they read a note from their parents. But for some reason, when they step on the tile, they freeze.

Anyways, here's the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto @sorry
if 0x1 goto @end
release
end

#org @sorry
msgbox @sry 0x6
apploymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org end
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @sry
= I have to check the note that\nmom and dad left me.

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

Does anyone know why this isn't working?

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Hey, I was trying to make a script that would make the player turn back unless they read a note from their parents. But for some reason, when they step on the tile, they freeze.

Anyways, here's the script:

Does anyone know why this isn't working?

In AdvanceMap do you have the var number as "4050"?
Also the Unknown as "0300"?
If not, it will freeze.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@GoldxLight:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @sry 0x4
apploymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @sry
= I have to check the note that\nmom and dad left me.

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE
You don't need the extra 'if 0x0 goto @sorry' line. The script continues under the same pointer if the flag isn't set. And why do you have a clearflag @end? Also, set:
Code:
Unknown: 0300
Var number: 4050

Crysalus

Rides a mantine to school.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Hey, I'm new around here, and have been looking around. I have recently started developing a hack of fire red using poketscript, I made this script which is the longest one I've done yet. I have checked through it several times, and cannot see anything wrong with it, but when I put it in a script box on the map, with the correct offset, once I walk on the box, the game just freezes. any help?

Script:
#org $onthemountain
jingle
applymovement 2 $get
$get 1 ; #binary 0x01 0x62 0x11 0x11 0xFE
pausemove
message $follow
$follow 1 = Please...follow me.
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $down
$down 1 ; #binary 0x10 0x10 0xFE
applymovement 0xFF $down
pausemove 0x0000
applymovement $look2
$look2 1 ; #binary 0x01 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $mountain
$mountain 1 = Are you wondering why I\nbrought you here?\pWell I dont care if you are,\nI'm going to explain anyway.
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $wander1
$wander1 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $environment
$environment 1 = You see, I've always found that this\nhardly oxygenated environment\phelps me think.p\And I'm about to ask you \na very important question:\pUs who live in Cavedwell...
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $wander2
$wander2 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $money
$money 1 = We aren't doing so good.\pWe need money to survive.\nAnd if you havent noticed,\pWe're not in the best place\nto make said money.
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $wander3
$wander3 1 ; #binary 0x02 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $league
$league 1 = That is why, I want you to\nattempt the Pokemon League.\pWith the winnings, we'll have\nenough money to live,\pand perhaps even MOVE.
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $wander4
$wander4 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x01 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $choice
$choice 1 = So, I've brought you up here,\nto ask you,\pWhich pokemon shall be your\ntrusty companion?\pDont worry, you have all day to\nchoose, but I'll not let you leave\puntil you have.
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $wander5
$wander5 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x04 0x62 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
message $impertinence
$impertinence 1 = What? Do you get the option not to?\nWell, just think.\pDo you care about your mother?\nIf you do, you should do this...\pShe needs this aswell.
boxset 6
applymovement 2 $wander6
$wander6 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x04 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
release
end

PS. I know it's long, and all scrunched up but to be honest I'm not sure if when you put gaps between two lines of code that it screws it up, so I was careful.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Crysalus,

You should put Unknown: 0300 and Var number: 4050 in Advance Map.

Chad -

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys. Got another issue in FireRed. I've added a level script but for some reason, when I enter the route in question, the route name doesn't show up in the top corner. However, when I exit the route and re-enter it, the name pops up. All I did in the level script was hide a sprite.

Also, I added a level script to Vermilion City, same one as above (hidesprite, using another "02 store info"...blah blah in A-Map) but the sprite didn't hide, it was visible. I didn't remove any existing scripts as I'm adding content to FireRed and I thought if I removed some, it might feckup the game. I guess I can't add another "02" onto a map with an existing "02".

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hi guys. Got another issue. I've added a level script but for some reason, when I enter the route in question, the route name doesn't show up in the top corner. However, when I exit the route and re-enter it, the name pops up. All I did in the level script was hide a sprite.

Thoughts?

If it was a type 0x02 level script then regardless of how much code is run, it will stop the "route name box" from coming down. If you use another type of level script (I'd try 0x01 (setmaptile)), then the script will be run before the map loads and the route name box should show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back