• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackpanfa

ROM Buster
Years
OK - Lanzar and FLOOTENKERP I hope this helps your compiling issues.

So, you've got your script e.g.
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @RoadClosed
Lock
FacePlayer
Msgbox @Sign 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Sign
= ROAD CLOSED\pSorry for any inconvienience.
Now you click the open button, and select your ROM. Now you click the two gears, that is the compile button. If you get a message saying somthing about parameters, go to the line and correct the error. If you wrote
Code:
message @([I]pointer) [/I]
boxset 0x6
and it doesn't work, do this
Code:
msgbox @([I]pointer)[/I] 0x6
hope it helps your compiling issues, =)

Last edited:

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
thanx blackpanfa! is there a tutorial here on script commands and how to use em? if there is could you link me? thanx for the help.

Years
I'm new at this...I need help to compile in XSE, i choosed the rom and the script and pressed the compile button and then the little square showed up. Now, where's the script offset?

If you are using XSE correctly, you should have inserted an offset here:
dsafasd.png

The offset you enter should be the one the script compiles on.
If you are using advanced map, enter the offset on the script/person event here:
dssfasdf.png

(The highlighted area.)

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Hmm...I don't get it =/
So i choose the script offset myself? And then I press the compile button?

Blackpanfa

ROM Buster
Years
Okay, Lanzar and FLOOTENKERP. Script offsets are very easy with the right tools. Here they are:
-XSE
-FSF (Free Space Finder) link:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

First, open up XSE and FSF: Now go to FSF:
Open your ROM
fsf.png

Then select search from offset(1), in the box beside it put 800000(2), hit search(3)
fsf2.png

The white box should have a 6 character number, this is your offset.
select the one you want(any of them is fine) and click COPY.
fsf3.png

Now, in XSE, paste your offset into the first line, after:
Code:
#[I]dynamic 0x[/I][[B]OFFSET HERE[/B]]
xsefsf.png

Now your script has an offset. And don't worry about free spaces there are literally millions.

If you still need help, I highly reccomend Rai Rai Kun's XSE tutorial:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146174
Or Darthatron's(not complete but still helpful):http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128125&highlight=darthatron

And for a LIST OF COMMANDS:
-Use the guide that came with XSE called, wait for it... Guide.
-Or thethethethe's POKESCRIPT tutorial, although it's in Pokescript all the #raw numbers and command lists are the same. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128887

Well, I hope that helps your problems! ;)

Last edited:
Years
Make sure you search for free space in an offset first.
There is a free space finder in advanced map, and there is also one in HackMew's Toolbox.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
what does this mean?

So I am trying to use the shiny hack maker to insert a shiny pokemon. When I looked at the example scripts I got confused. It shows this:

WildBattle:
#org 0xOffset
callasm 0xASMPointer
wildbattle 0xPokemon 0xLevel 0xItem
end

My question is what is the line callasm 0xASMpointer for and what do I put there?

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
dude thanx blackpanfa your a life saver. if my hack goes anywhere (which it probably wont) ill give you credit. thanx again.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks for the help. I tried that, it didn't work, I looked at similar scripts in Viridian and Pallet, and discovered that the unknown setting needs to be 0003, not 0030. I tried that out and now it works perfectly.

Looking at similar scripts is always a good idea, indeed.

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
Scripter: Pokescript

Once I talk to the npc he should disappear after the fade screen. Problem is...it stays black instead of returning to the game.

Spoiler:

I'm wondering why you're using the showspritepos command, with too less parameters anyway...

If you want here's the fixed - and working - script, I've used XSE:

Spoiler:

The script works but whenever I step on it a 2nd time the script plays again
so how do I make it to where the script can only be activated once

Game:
Firered
Type: script
Editor: XSE
Script: Applymovement
Spoiler:

You're checking the wrong way flag 0x828. Which isn't set anywhere in the script. So the script is repeated over and over again. Also, do not forget to update your copy of XSE, which is outdated. Here's the fixed script:

Spoiler:

i really really need help with XSE. I haven't learned a thing. I really want to script but I dont understand any of the compiling and format and stuff. Can anyone help me with that? I 2would really appreciate it.

Next time try reading the guide that comes with the newest XSE. It explains anything you need to compile a script. Don't forget there's the Command Help too, just press F1.

Make sure you search for free space in an offset first.
There is a free space finder in advanced map, and there is also one in HackMew's Toolbox.

Please update your copy of XSE, okay?

So I am trying to use the shiny hack maker to insert a shiny pokemon. When I looked at the example scripts I got confused. It shows this:

WildBattle:
#org 0xOffset
callasm 0xASMPointer
end

My question is what is the line callasm 0xASMpointer for and what do I put there?

The offset where the shiny hack routine was inserted + 1.

Robert Conley

Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildetorr

WildBattle:
#org 0xOffset
callasm 0xASMPointer
end

The offset where the shiny hack routine was inserted + 1.

what do you mean by the offset+1? I get the offset part but what does the +1 mean? answer please!

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
I fixed my problem with the offset thing...
Okay, another question, how do I make a script like this: if you win against a trainer, he will walk 1 step to the right and 3 down?

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
what do you mean by the offset+1? I get the offset part but what does the +1 mean? answer please!

Well, you get the offset, then you add 1
Example: offset = B8F6D8 (no idea whether there is one like this or not)
B8F6D8 + 1 = B8F6D9

Robert Conley

Years
Well, you get the offset, then you add 1
Example: offset = B8F6D8 (no idea whether there is one like this or not)
B8F6D8 + 1 = B8F6D9

If the last number is 9 do I just go back to 0? If I use the shiny hack more than once in a single rom hack do I Keep using the original offset+1 or do I add another 1 for every new shiny hack?

ive tried following what you guys have said and the script compiles fine but when I try to talk to the pokemon to initiate the wild battle the emulator freezes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2009
I'm trying to make a script where when the player passes over a tile, he says something to himself then moves. However, when I walk over that tile ingame, it just freezes.

Spoiler:

Uh.. help?

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
'---------------
#org 0x2E9803
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 call 0x2E982E
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x2E9831
waitmovement 0
msgbox 0x2E9822 MSG_NORMAL '"Blah blah blah..."
setflag 0x200
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x2E982E
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x2E9822
= Blah blah blah...

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x2E9831
#raw 0x7 'Step Right (Slow)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Game: FireRed
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE ;)
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUkEDlxmkpY

The problem is, there's no pokepic and Yellow doesn't turn.

Dobjo

Trying to understand scripting
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 7, 2009
Game: Fire Red
Type: Question
Program:XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Problem: Whenever I talk to the person it just goes to, "'So yes or no?'" And then the options for,"Yes", and,"No" show up.

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

flyin_hawaiian

the one nobody knows...yet!
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Game: RUBY
Type: Trigger
Program: XSE
Problem: When I walk onto the tile where I placed the script, the character can't move.
Spoiler:

Explanation: It is supposed to be for getting a starter.

EDIT: I fixed it. Originally I just hadn't put the unknown and var numbers in. Afterward I fixed the movements.

Last edited:
Years
On the tile, the player the just passes through it and nothing happens.
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back