• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I have a priblem,I want to change the script of garry's mother in fire red this is my offset: 800017 (it's a 1 byte offset,found on FSF),now I'm giving her a simple talking script :
#dynamic 0x800017
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi.\nI'm Blue's mother,have you met him?

this is the script,then I click compile then I'm closing the window,and I open the script again and I see this :

'---------------
#org 0x800017

What's the problem of this script?,maybe need more bytes?,and please answer my other questions -___-

Larsie13

I have a new problem for my Ruby hack on XSE.

The script works fine, except that when I move the sprite reappears at the original spot and won't go away.

This is my script:

Spoiler:
GO to Advance Map, the Events tab, select the person you want to hide, and in the People ID field, type 212. That means, that, when flag 0x212 is set (and it is), the sprite disappears from the map. Of course, you still have to use hidesprite to make it disappear right away, otherwise it won't disappear until you enter the map the next time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
I'm at the very beginning of learning how to script, and such mine is probably a very easy problem for people to solve. Anyhow, my script is a Signpost Script, which I shall post below:

Spoiler:

With Script Offset as "$800023".

When testing the signpost, the game completely freezes. What would be causing the script problem?

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is on a Fire-Red Rom

Last edited:

Larsie13

I'm at the very beginning of learning how to script, and such mine is probably a very easy problem for people to solve. Anyhow, my script is a Signpost Script, which I shall post below:

Spoiler:

With Script Offset as "$800023".

When testing the signpost, the game completely freezes. What would be causing the script problem?

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is on a Fire-Red Rom
You typed Pok\emon instead of Pokémon. The error is probably caused by the fact that PokéScript is very buggy, and outdated. You should try switching to XSE. Check HackMew's Toolbox. It is fimiliar with almost every command, except for a few we don't know anything about yet. It also has a few handy features. Just check it out, and don't forget to read either the Guide (Press F2 while in XSE), or an XSE tutorial, because XSE has a few differences from PokéScript, which you'll have to get used to.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Spoiler:

The First message doesn't come out right, its just a box on the right of the screen, any ideas why?

The $Before and $After scripts refuse to work also, gah!

Any thoughts on what I need to change?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Spoiler:

The First message doesn't come out right, its just a box on the right of the screen, any ideas why?

The $Before and $After scripts refuse to work also, gah!

Any thoughts on what I need to change?

I converted the script to make it work with XSE. Please note that @Move4 is missing, since it was missing in the original script.

Spoiler:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
'---------------
#org 0x26D9C0
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x826D9EB 0x6 '"MURKROW: Kukororoo!"
cry 0xC6 0x0
wildbattle 0xC6 0x5 0x8B
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x800F
fadescreen 0x0
msgbox 0x826DA01 0x6 '"MURKROW flew away and left the\nAM..."
setflag 0x25E
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x26D9EB
= MURKROW: Kukororoo!

#org 0x26DA01
= MURKROW flew away and left the\nAMULET COIN behind.
For a strange reason, the cry won't appear.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thank you HackMew

And the missing $Move4 was a failure on my behalf, darn copy paste :P, anyway the script works great now! :D

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
And you wouldn't be so good to tell me?

At the moment I'm not on my PC, so no hacking tools nor ROMs here :P
Besides, you need pause and waitcry.

Thank you HackMew

And the missing $Move4 was a failure on my behalf, darn copy paste :P, anyway the script works great now! :D

You're welcome.

is that question is so hard to answer on?
Well, why would you need to know how many bytes are needed?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I want to make those scripts,so I need to search offsets on FSF,so I need to know how many bytes they take....
and I'm happy to see you posting (=

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I want to make those scripts,so I need to search offsets on FSF,so I need to know how many bytes they take....
and I'm happy to see you posting (=

Exactly like I guessed. You don't need to care about the amount of bytes that are needed. That's XSE's job. You just need to tell it where to start searching free space from. A quite large area filled with FF will do.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
well I took a random offset from FSF and this is the script:
Spoiler:

now I want to make this trainer script,here is it(from diegosisawesome xse tut)

Spoiler:

I only know how to change the trainer ID,and expect of this:nothing!
I'm changing things then compile but I see this messege again and again:
Spoiler:

what to do?I can't make new trainer scripts -_____-

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Using XSE I am encountering a strange problem. I am currently editting the original signpost scripts for Pallet Town to suit the replacement town (I editted the Pallet Town map into my new one), yet when I edit one of the scripts (not changing offset numbers at all) it will either imprint onto another of those scripts, or wipe out the words of it. For example:

Spoiler:

That is the replacement words for the OAK's POKEMON LAB sign, and it will imprint over the Players House signpost like this:

Spoiler:

Either that, -or- it will remove the writing. I am baffled as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back