• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
Well, I gave that a go, and ended up with this appearing on the signposts:

Spoiler:

When the Script looked like:

Spoiler:

Before I tested it, afterwards it looked like:

Spoiler:

When I have editted it back to how it should look like, it has wiped the two other signposts scripts I've done on this map. I tell you, I'm so irritated by scripting, I'm quickly wondering whether its better to just give up on hacking roms already, at the rate of problems I've had!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2009
Spoiler:

Just wondering why this Give pokemon script isn't working,
thanks in advance to anyone that can help :)

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i ned some help with a a script in xse: it gives the player a charizard all thats fine i need to know where i can find the different fanfares b/c the one i have is different than the one i need

FR1.png

this is what happens when i it says player recieves charizard

FR2.png

it wont goaway unless i press A again

FR3.png

then its gone :D

any help will be appreciated:\

this the script:

Spoiler:

BliT

Pikachu Fan!
Years
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Type: Give Pokemon Script
Editor: Notepad
Script:
Spoiler:

Well my problem is that I have everything working perfectly.
It's just that the Pokemon tab doesn't show up but on Fire Red it does.
Also is there any way to edit the script so after I get my Pokemon I can also get a Pokedex and then
make the NPC dissapear?I've tried putting in a dissapear script but my game crashes.And if anyone knows the code for that little fanfare it makes when you receive something that would work too.
Any help would be fine.

Best regards.
PS:Sorry for asking alot.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Type: Give Pokemon Script
Editor: Notepad
Script:
Spoiler:

Well my problem is that I have everything working perfectly.
It's just that the Pokemon tab doesn't show up but on Fire Red it does.
Also is there any way to edit the script so after I get my Pokemon I can also get a Pokedex and then
make the NPC dissapear?I've tried putting in a dissapear script but my game crashes.And if anyone knows the code for that little fanfare it makes when you receive something that would work too.
Any help would be fine.

Best regards.
PS:Sorry for asking alot.

The Flag you use for setting the pokemon menu is incorrect...
Fire Red uses 0x828, but Ruby uses 0x800 Please make sure you have the correct information on BOTH rom's. (Also, XSE... learn it... It HAS all this information, and compiles smoother than PokeScript...)

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2009
ROM crashes...

Alright I have been searching around this forum to see if anyone had my problem. There were many, but none were answered.

ROM used: Pokemon Emerald

After I created my script, I went to A-Map and created a new sprite in Littleroot Town. Then, I inserted my script offset into the new sprite but when I was in-game and tried to talk to that sprite, my no$gba emulator displayed a message saying that the rom has crashed.
But, I tried putting my script into one of the original sprites in Littleroot Town and my script worked when I talk to the sprite.(Not the new sprite)

Anyway, what happened?

If you want my script, here it is, it is just a simple hello script.

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $Hi
$Hi 1 = Hi. Sup?
boxset 6
release
end

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Alright I have been searching around this forum to see if anyone had my problem. There were many, but none were answered.

ROM used: Pokemon Emerald

After I created my script, I went to A-Map and created a new sprite in Littleroot Town. Then, I inserted my script offset into the new sprite but when I was in-game and tried to talk to that sprite, my no$gba emulator displayed a message saying that the rom has crashed.
But, I tried putting my script into one of the original sprites in Littleroot Town and my script worked when I talk to the sprite.(Not the new sprite)

Anyway, what happened?

If you want my script, here it is, it is just a simple hello script.

#org $begin
lock
faceplayer
message $Hi
$Hi 1 = Hi. Sup?
boxset 6
release
end
Tip: use XSE.
It will practically never crash your ROM.

NatureKeeper

Umm.. Guys I'm facing yet another problem...

The script freezes the Game, It is supposed to:

-Before getting Pokedex:
Lock, Speech, Release

-After Getting Pokedex:
Lock, Show three hidden sprites with Person Event ID 7, Speech, Trigger a battle, Then hide the sprites, Release.

-After flag set:
Lock, Release aka Nothing

ROM: Pokémon Ruby AXVE :t258:
Scripting Language: XSE

Code:
#dynamic 0x900403

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x74
if 0x0 goto @envie
if 0x1 goto @newcheck
release
end

#org @newcheck
lock
checkflag 0x143A
if 0x0 goto @linear
if 0x1 goto @end
release
end

#org @linear
lock
showsprite 0x7
msgbox @SM 0x6
trainerbattle 0x0 0x01D 0x0
@inbattle @outer
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x143A
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @envie
lock
msgbox @xserocks 0x6
release
end

#org @SM
=Huh?/nWhat's going on?/lWhat is this cloud?/p.../p.../pHuh?!

#org @inbattle
=Gwwaah!

#org @outer
=Ughh...

#org @xserocks
=I've got a strange feeling...

I also took a screenie in Advance Map, and circled (red) the parts I think are the problem. (Attached)

Notes:

-I colored the clouds messed up to avoid ripping.
-The three clouds' Person Event no is the same , 7.

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
Years
umm... I'm having a lot of trouble with the yes/no box...

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80F3F3
msgbox 0x880F493 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x880F4D3
if 0x0 goto 0x880F523
end

'---------------
#org 0x80F4D3
msgbox 0x880F553 0x6 '"Yes"
'---------------
#org 0x80F523
msgbox 0x880F583 0x6 '"No"

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80F493
= Yes or no?

#org 0x80F553
= Yes

#org 0x80F583
= No

Either way, it always returns 'No'.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Spoiler:

Fire Red // Pokescript.

Right, for some reason, after the second movement, a menu pops up (after a pressing a) giving me the Fresh Water / Soda Pop /Lemonada / Exit menu. Anyone know why? <<

Last edited:

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
Firered

I've got some trouble with a script of mine. I'm trying to make the mum disappear after you talk to her and not be seen until you clear flag 828. Problem is she won't disappear, before and after.
Help please?

Spoiler:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Umm.. Guys I'm facing yet another problem...

The script freezes the Game, It is supposed to:

-Before getting Pokedex:
Lock, Speech, Release

-After Getting Pokedex:
Lock, Show three hidden sprites with Person Event ID 7, Speech, Trigger a battle, Then hide the sprites, Release.

-After flag set:
Lock, Release aka Nothing

ROM: Pokémon Ruby AXVE :t258:
Scripting Language: XSE

Code:
#dynamic 0x900403

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x74
if 0x0 goto @envie
if 0x1 goto @newcheck
release
end

#org @newcheck
lock
checkflag 0x143A
if 0x0 goto @linear
if 0x1 goto @end
release
end

#org @linear
lock
showsprite 0x7
msgbox @SM 0x6
trainerbattle 0x0 0x01D 0x0
@inbattle @outer
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x143A
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @envie
lock
msgbox @xserocks 0x6
release
end

#org @SM
=Huh?/nWhat's going on?/lWhat is this cloud?/p.../p.../pHuh?!

#org @inbattle
=Gwwaah!

#org @outer
=Ughh...

#org @xserocks
=I've got a strange feeling...
I also took a screenie in Advance Map, and circled (red) the parts I think are the problem. (Attached)

Notes:

-I colored the clouds messed up to avoid ripping.
-The three clouds' Person Event no is the same , 7.

The clouds aren't causing the problem.
You need to set the scripts' "unknown" to 0300 and "var number" to 4050.

Firered

I've got some trouble with a script of mine. I'm trying to make the mum disappear after you talk to her and not be seen until you clear flag 828. Problem is she won't disappear, before and after.
Help please?

Spoiler:

Okay, here is what you need to do:
First, find a flag that isn't used by the game, like 0x1000 or something.
Second, set her person ID to 1000 (or whatever flag you use.)
Setflag 0x1000, then hidesprite.
Viola! That should work.
Now to make her reappear... Simply clearflag 0x1000 whenever you get your Pokemon to make her reappear!
Take out the showsprite command you have in the second part (because if she's supposed to be gone, how can you activate the script to make her reappear?! O_o)
Also, never clearflag 0x828 unless it's for a special event (something far more advanced than this.) Otherwise you won't be able to get to your pokemon on the start menu!

I fixed your script. I also did away with your lock and faceplayer commands, replacing them with msgbox 0x2. Then, I added a checkflag and setflag so that the whole giving you your bag thing doesn't repeat.

Changes are in bold:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Safari Zone Starter

My friend and I are working on the beginning part of a Fire Red hack. We thought we would allow the player to catch their first Pokemon in the Safari Zone using that style of battling. However, we only want them to be able to get one Pokemon. We have thought of several solutions to this but are unsure how to implement them:

1. Change the number of Safari Balls you get to 1.
I believe the number of balls is hard coded since the Safari Zone style battling is turned on by special 0xCD and turned off by special 0xCE, not any specific script command sequence.
2. After you catch a Pokemon, a script exits you from the Safari Zone.
I have tried a level script which checks how many Pokemon you have, but it continuously executes and doesn't let you move when you enter the Safari Zone. Instead of checking all the time, I would like to check it after each battle.
3. You can catch as many Pokemon as you want, but when you exit the Safari Zone you must choose one to keep.
This would require removing Pokemon from the player's party and possibly their computer, which I have not seen commands for.
I am an intermediate level scripter and use XSE and A-map. Any help would be appreciated.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
What I want: if you solve a puzzle pokémon start to appear in a cave.

Yes I found a post explaining how to do it, but it doesn't work (I think I'm doing it wrong). What I did:

- I have two caves: one without pokémon data (2.27) and one with the pokémon data (3.28)
(Yes the different bank thing was a mistake)
- One map with the entrance to the cave with a warp. The warp goes to map bank 127, map no. 127 and warp no. 127. This is what the person said.
- On the map with the entrance I have the following map script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x3F4
if 0x1 goto @appear
setwarpplace 0x2 0x27 0x0 0x26 0x8
end

#org @appear
setwarpplace 0x3 0x28 0x0 0x26 0x8
end

This does not work. I think I did the setwarplace thing wrong.
What I did is:
first parameter: the bank the warp goes to
second parameter: the map the warp goes to
third parameter: the warp no the warp goes to
fourth parameter: the x coordinate of the warp that leads to the caves. This is on the entrance map.
fifth parameter: same as above but with the y coordinate

I'm using XSE.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
What I want: if you solve a puzzle pokémon start to appear in a cave.

Yes I found a post explaining how to do it, but it doesn't work (I think I'm doing it wrong). What I did:

- I have two caves: one without pokémon data (2.27) and one with the pokémon data (3.28)
(Yes the different bank thing was a mistake)
- One map with the entrance to the cave with a warp. The warp goes to map bank 127, map no. 127 and warp no. 127. This is what the person said.
- On the map with the entrance I have the following map script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x3F4
if 0x1 goto @appear
setwarpplace 0x2 0x27 0x0 0x26 0x8
end

#org @appear
setwarpplace 0x3 0x28 0x0 0x26 0x8
end
This does not work. I think I did the setwarpplace thing wrong.
What I did is:
first parameter: the bank the warp goes to
second parameter: the map the warp goes to
third parameter: the warp no the warp goes to
fourth parameter: the x coordinate of the warp that leads to the caves. This is on the entrance map.
fifth parameter: same as above but with the y coordinate

I'm using XSE.
Putting 0x in front of a number means that it is a hexadecimal number. 0x27 is something completely different in hex, and so is 0x28. If you want to use those numbers without converting them to hex, take away the 0x.
However, 0x26 is correct because A-Map puts the X/Y variables as hex already when you put your mouse over a tile.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Ok, Screwed up the hex (I know the differences, but I think I made the script without using my brain. Normaly I use hex and dec in the right way...), but that doesn't solve the problem. I still end up somewhere in the navel rock, and not in the cave I made. I tried all of the map script, but none seems to work. I tried removing the warp, but that doesn't work either.

Edit:
Nevermind.
I made a simple script that warps you either to the map without pokémon or to the map with pokémon and placed it on the cave entrance.
However I think I found out what was wrong. Setwarplace automaticly warps to the navel rock warp. The command guide said something about 127, and the person in the simple questions guide said that too.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

You need to set the scripts' "unknown" to 0300 and "var number" to 4050.

It isn't helping:

Now It does tottaly nothing but nothing. However It did glitch up one of the clouds.

However, It does really weird things when I revised the script after compiling :

Spoiler:

Some strings came out of nowhere, and where did give money come from XD?

I hope you can help. :chu:

The future of the Dark Clone Mythology depends on you~
Dawn, Clint, Elvyan and Luke~ Team NatureKeeper

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
Hi, I need some help again =) Fire Red hack
I'm trying to make your dad not be seen until you beat a trainer, where i put in setflag 0x1002. However , he doesn't disappear before, and you can see him before you set the flag 0x1002.
When i HAVE set flag 0x1002, he is missing when he is supposed to be there. any ideas? thanks.

Spoiler:

Larsie13

Hi, I need some help again =) Fire Red hack
I'm trying to make your dad not be seen until you beat a trainer, where i put in setflag 0x1002. However , he doesn't disappear before, and you can see him before you set the flag 0x1002.
When i HAVE set flag 0x1002, he is missing when he is supposed to be there. any ideas? thanks.

Spoiler:
In a script before you even get to the part where you can see your dad, set flag 0x1002, and when you've beaten the trainer, use clearflag 0x1002. For example, a script in the very beginning of the game, like a level script on the map where you start the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back