• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
  • I slightly fixed the script, but I can't overwrite the old one:
    Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I can't overwrite the old one:

if you want to overwrite the old one, then open your hex editor and go to the offset of the old one and delete it, if you wish to save space in your ROM, that is...

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Im THINKING its because you have two setflags in there,idk not quite sure...

well the first is fr that scipt, the second one is for the hidesprite, but ill try taking it out

the question regarding my previous script has been solved, thanks guys

Last edited:

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    Could someone please fix this script? I use it in ruby and it makes the screen go red.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    Can someone help me? I'm trying to make a Script for my Firered hack that makes the Professor walk away and disapear, and he dosen't appear in his lab until you talk to him.
    Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto $move
    applymovement 0x1 $move
    message $hello
    $hello 1 =Hello!\nYou were looking for me?\pOh yes A Pokemon!\nI'll be at my Lab.
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x1 $going
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end
    #org $move
    #raw 0x04
    #raw 0xFE
    #org $going
    #raw 0x0A
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0x08
    #raw 0xFE

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
  • notbob/destinedjagold: Since goto ends your script block and nothing after it is executed, I don't believe an end or anything else is necessary after it:
    Code:
    goto @offset
    [s]end[/s]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToonLink: Try this:
    Code:
    trainerbattle [B]0x1[/B] 0x267 0x0 @before @after
    I believe this creates a Gym Leader style battle and as you know, they say stuff after you beat 'em.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PaulH: Did you use the cooley's first level script technique or
    the "Making a Level script, through XSE or HEX" way?

I've had luck with the first way and been able to get my level script to work fine. Make sure your type is "02 Validates values, loads handler...".

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I don't have a script to show but i need help on a command.

is there a warp command that can warp me to a place on a map that dosen't have a warp. This is really important to me so im gonna put some big letters on

look here!!

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Nintendoman.

Spoiler:

Change the sprites Person ID to 0200, and double check that it is person event number 1 :) I think this should work.

Alternatively, rather than make him disappear, just hide him in an corner of the map that can't be seen ;)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Could someone please explain the sethealingplace command to me please?
    I'm using the latest XSE. I just need to know how its used cause right now when the player faints in my hack they get sent to weird places that are not a Pokemon center.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Could someone please explain the sethealingplace command to me please?
    I'm using the latest XSE. I just need to know how its used cause right now when the player faints in my hack they get sent to weird places that are not a Pokemon center.

Yea, I need this too, so some one please give us insight.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Could someone help with this,when I step on the trigger it freezes

Spoiler:

Raycrow,I know that you used the setvar 0x4003 for the map script you did for me,so is that why it freezes,because im using the setvar number you used?If any the case could someone tell me what I did wrong here...thanks.And the script that was made to work with the right movements works fine,but for the left part of the script,it even freezes when steped on after the right script works,the right script is

#dynamic 800005

#org @start
    setvar 0x4003 0x1
    goto 0x(@script cant remember this offset)
    end

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I havE this script

Spoiler:

the problem is bolded
    I used to have the problem of the warp bieng screwy, so then i just replaced it with some fadescreens and a movesprite to simulate the effect of a warp. But when i tried it in the rom, the map didn't move, my main charectar sprite wasn't shown, even though when i pressed the movekeys the screen would move and the events that i had on the other side of the map would activate.

maybe this is because you can't use a movesprite on your own charectar

please help me with this, i can maybe release this when this script is working.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CerOo

HeX EditoR
    Years
  • Could someone help with this,when I step on the trigger it freezes

Spoiler:

Raycrow,I know that you used the setvar 0x4003 for the map script you did for me,so is that why it freezes,because im using the setvar number you used?If any the case could someone tell me what I did wrong here...thanks.And the script that was made to work with the right movements works fine,but for the left part of the script,it even freezes when steped on after the right script works,the right script is

#dynamic 800005

#org @start
    setvar 0x4003 0x1
    goto 0x(@script cant remember this offset)
    end
    You also need to change the Unknown to 0003.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back