• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Did you make sure in Advance Map that the Person ID of Onix is 200?
    If you did and Onix still reappears, try putting the hidesprite command after the setflag command.
    Also, for better estethic, hidesprite 0x0 should come after hidesprite and setflag.

@avaramoon, can you describe which part of moving camera doesn't work? I think, but I am not sure at all, that it is because you are trying to move the camera OR you are trying to use special 0x113 (OR both) between fadescreen 0x1 and fadescreen 0x0.
    As for OWs not showing up, there is a limit of 16 (iirc) that you can see on a map at a time.

Oh, I didn't know that about the number of OWs you can have at a time! Thanks very much! I'll remember that!

The camera just won't move at all. I'll try it without the fadescreen and see if that works, but I'm trying to use panoramic view as well so it might look less aesthetically nice but I'm past the point of caring about that if the camera works. Thanks!

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    That's the settings I use in advance map.

tinypic.com/r/2m5nkm1/8

This is the script that goes with it.
    Spoiler:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Im trying to make a level script for the start map so that it executes when you start the game. But once you go through the whole oak intro it shrinks you down to size and then resets the game. Heres the script
    Spoiler:
    Im using xse ive checked the level script button. In advanced map im using this level script option Validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0 (playback) [02] with the flag set to 5001. What am i doing wrong?
    I figured it out. i just went to a backup and used that and switched the var to 4000. Ok well now its doing the whole weird text thing, but i cant find the #raw word 0xFFFF thats causing it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Joltix, try this:
    Spoiler:

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    Oh, I was just showing someone one of the scripts I've used. All works fine but thank you though.

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    '---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x71A8D3
    = Hello [player]. I know that\nyou signed up to go to that\nCamp Baker, but i dont think\nyou should go.\pI just think that you should stay\nand go to that new trainers school!\nWell goodnight. I'll take you there in the morning.

Im using xse ive checked the level script button. In advanced map im using this level script option Validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0 (playback) [02] with the flag set to 5001. What am i doing wrong?[/S] I figured it out. i just went to a backup and used that and switched the var to 4000. Ok well now its doing the whole weird text thing, but i cant find the #raw word 0xFFFF thats causing it.

After you use \n, you have to use \l then for each new line.

Spoiler:

Joexv

Years
  • After you use \n, you have to use \l then for each new line.

Spoiler:

And thats whats causing the weird text?

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    And thats whats causing the weird text?

That would be one of the things doing it. The other is making sure you don't have more than 36 characters in each line or it will start to overlap itself.

Spoiler:

You can use the text adjuster on xse by pressing CTRL+T or by going into tools, text adjuster.

Joexv

Years
  • That would be one of the things doing it. The other is making sure you don't have more than 36 characters in each line or it will start to overlap itself.

Spoiler:

You can use the text adjuster on xse by pressing CTRL+T or by going into tools, text adjuster.
    OK i did what you said but now the game resets when i finish the intro.

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Could anyone please help me shed light on why when I click to compile a script, save the rom in Amap then open script again nothing's changed? I've input it 3 times for one Person now and it's starting to annoy me.
    Thanks

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    OK i did what you said but now the game resets when i finish the intro.

I just tried your script on a fresh rom and it works fine. In the header tab in advance map, got the script type under 02, the flag set to 5001 and the value at 4000. Make sure you click save map scripts and save the rom too.

If it still doesn't work, try it on a fresh rom.

Joexv

Years
  • I just tried your script on a fresh rom and it works fine. In the header tab in advance map, got the script type under 02, the flag set to 5001 and the value at 4000. Make sure you click save map scripts and save the rom too.

If it still doesn't work, try it on a fresh rom.
    Just tried on fresh worked almost perfect! thanks for your help!

AstralComet

PKMN-Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Hey there, I'm working on an Pokemon Hack and I progressed alot so far and I even created alot of scripts but for some reason this one doesnt works corectly:

Spoiler:

When I test that script, everything works except the messages. They don't show up. I don't know what's wrong as alot of other scripts I made worked. Just incase it's important, the settings in A-Map are:
    Unknown - 0003
    Var number - 4000
    Var value - 0000
    Unknown - 00 00

Please reply soon :)

EDIT: I forgot to say that it is an emerald hack. :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Hey there, I'm working on an Pokemon Hack and I progressed alot so far and I even created alot of scripts but for some reason this one doesnt works corectly:

Spoiler:

When I test that script, everything works except the messages. They don't show up. I don't know what's wrong as alot of other scripts I made worked. Just incase it's important, the settings in A-Map are:
    Unknown - 0003
    Var number - 4000
    Var value - 0000
    Unknown - 00 00

Please reply soon :)

EDIT: I forgot to say that it is an emerald hack. :)

What version of XSE do you have? I have seen this issue with v1.0.0. You need the latest from Gamer2020's tools thread. Also, that var is a terrible option in my opinion. var 0x4000 is very unreliable due to being a temporary var.

Joexv

Years
  • Im back with more questions;-; when i add a setflag script to my code it adds this
    Spoiler:
    to the end usually replacing releaseall and end. The script still works(except for the setting of said flag) HEre is the entire script other than talks and movements
    Spoiler:
    Also it doesnt keep the sprite hidden. Thanks!

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Im back with more questions;-; when i add a setflag script to my code it adds this
    Spoiler:
    to the end usually replacing releaseall and end. The script still works(except for the setting of said flag) HEre is the entire script other than talks and movements
    Spoiler:
    Also it doesnt keep the sprite hidden. Thanks!

Did you just go to your old script and added in a few more lines and clicked compile? Because that's a big no-no, you're putting in more information that what the script allows and can cause spillover information that can corrupt something else. Your best bet is to just re-insert the new script in a new, free space location and just delete the old one (I think HackMew had a tutorial on deleting older scripts).

Joexv

Years
  • Did you just go to your old script and added in a few more lines and clicked compile? Because that's a big no-no, you're putting in more information that what the script allows and can cause spillover information that can corrupt something else. Your best bet is to just re-insert the new script in a new, free space location and just delete the old one (I think HackMew had a tutorial on deleting older scripts).

Yea ive been mostly adding on to my older scripts. Ill try again with a new one.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Spoiler:

Would this one work out correctly?

EDIT: It all works fine (I fixed the applymovement lines) EXCEPT I don't know how to get stored info to display ingame. What exactly do I type to get the player's name to appear? Also the text colour clause doesn't work in the string.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Joltix

Don't Steal My Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    Spoiler:

Would this one work out correctly?

EDIT: It all works fine (I fixed the applymovement lines) EXCEPT I don't know how to get stored info to display ingame. What exactly do I type to get the player's name to appear? Also the text colour clause doesn't work in the string.

Thanks!

Stored Text:
    Spoiler:

Message Colors
    Spoiler:

#org @4
    = (black_em)You received Porygon!
    I think that you've put it in the wrong brackets. Should be [black_em] instead.

M0ZEPH

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Stored Text:
    Spoiler:

Message Colors
    Spoiler:

#org @4
    = (black_em)You received Porygon!
    I think that you've put it in the wrong brackets. Should be [black_em] instead.

Thanks a lot! However when I compile with the squarebrackets it just converts the brackets into spaces and plops 'black em' into the chatbox

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back