• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • can someone give me a script so that a guy says you cant pass but when you've showed him the second badge he walks away so you can pass you can? (he just need to walk 1 tile down)

OK... But, keep in mind I only know the flags for the badges in FR (I think the flags for the other games were posted in this thread before)

#org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x821 'Flag to check if he has the second badge
    if 0x1 jump 0x800020
    message 0x800046
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x800020
    message 0x800086
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0xSprite 0x800040
    pause 0x10
    end

#org 0x800040
    #binary 10 1 FE 'walks down, looks up, movements for FR only!
    #org 0x800046
    = I'm sorry, I can't let you pass till you\nobtain the Second Badge!
    #org 0x800086
    = Oh! That's the Second Badge!\nPlease proceed.

The guy would block every time and you'd have to talk to him every time so that he moves away. There are harder ways to do this (and harder for me to explain), so hopefully, this short script would work for you.
    PD: I left a value for you to fill, just replace "Sprite" for the People No. of the sprite that's blocking the hero's way.

in a script how do you make it say pokemon with the accent thingy and the names of the hero and the rival

Basically the "é" is already accepted when you make your text scripts. Like:

#org 0xSomething
    = Hey, I love POKéMON!

And about the hero and rival you just use the \v\h01 (hero) and \v\h06 (rival) wildcards.

#org 0xSomethingAgain
    = Hey there \v\h01!\nI'm \v\h06, and I'm your rival!

I suppose these wildcards are the same for games different than FR, right?

Dark_porygon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    OK... But, keep in mind I only know the flags for the badges in FR (I think the flags for the other games were posted in this thread before)

#org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x821 'Flag to check if he has the second badge
    if 0x1 jump 0x800020
    message 0x800046
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x800020
    message 0x800086
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0xSprite 0x800040
    pause 0x10
    end

#org 0x800040
    #binary 10 1 FE 'walks down, looks up, movements for FR only!
    #org 0x800046
    = I'm sorry, I can't let you pass till you\nobtain the Second Badge!
    #org 0x800086
    = Oh! That's the Second Badge!\nPlease proceed.

The guy would block every time and you'd have to talk to him every time so that he moves away. There are harder ways to do this (and harder for me to explain), so hopefully, this short script would work for you.
    PD: I left a value for you to fill, just replace "Sprite" for the People No. of the sprite that's blocking the hero's way.

Basically the "é" is already accepted when you make your text scripts. Like:

#org 0xSomething
    = Hey, I love POKéMON!

And about the hero and rival you just use the \v\h01 (hero) and \v\h06 (rival) wildcards.

#org 0xSomethingAgain
    = Hey there \v\h01!\nI'm \v\h06, and I'm your rival!

I suppose these wildcards are the same for games different than FR, right?

Thanks:) im hacking FR. I need the same script for the fifth badge also but I can make itself (I think....)

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Hey, I've compiled this GivePokemon script in ScriptED:

Spoiler:

It works fine, but there are 2 problems with it:

1. After he gives you the Slowpoke, instead of saying "Player received a Slowpoke!", it makes a menu come up to choose either Petalburg or Slateport (Mr. Briney), and clicking it twice makes it disappear.

2. The script doesn't check the flag, and it repeats every time you talk to him.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • As always... Never put the givepokemon command in the middle of a script. It should always go to the bottom of the script (before the end) if you use Scripted, else it will truncate the rest of the script (that's why the flag is not setted, and probably causes that other menu to show up, I'm not quite sure about that)

By the way, the givepokemon command doesn't say "Player recieved X pokemon", it just adds it to your party or your PC (you need to make the message yourself)... Unless pokescript has a way to do this... I think Irish wrote something about a "professional way of giving pokemon", but I don't remember right now...

Hedgehogger

Years
  • As always... Never put the givepokemon command in the middle of a script. It should always go to the bottom of the script (before the end) if you use Scripted, else it will truncate the rest of the script (that's why the flag is not setted, and probably causes that other menu to show up, I'm not quite sure about that)

By the way, the givepokemon command doesn't say "Player recieved X pokemon", it just adds it to your party or your PC (you need to make the message yourself)... Unless pokescript has a way to do this... I think Irish wrote something about a "professional way of giving pokemon", but I don't remember right now...

Hmm, so the givepokemon part should come after Release in the script? And as for the "Player received blah blah", where would I put that part into the script?

darkmc21

Presenting: Lucario Legends
    Years
  • Hi there! I need, well, three scripts.All three are 'Give POKeMON' ones. The first is for a Bulbasaur, the second for Charmander, and the third Squirtle. Thanks in advance.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years

In Pokescript Only
    Yes, theres a PRO script in my tutorial that allows you to rename the pokemon afterwards just like the scripts already in the games. As for the bit about leaving the 'givepokemon' command to the end of the script is no longer an issue with pokescript.

However, for safe practices place code like this after the givepokemon command:
    Message $GOTPOKEMON
    $GotPokemon 1 = You Recieved whatever
    boxset 6

The pause after the text is displayed is long enough to be absolutely certain the command finished processing. It shouldn't be necessary, but it is a neet idea..

One thing though: For some time I had a typo and was using the command 'fanfare' to make the sound telling you you recieved a pokemon.. If you were following that earlier version of the script it WILL crash. The command to use is jingle.

In Scripted

You can actually make the givepokemon work without moving it.
    Place the commands
    #Raw 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    #Raw 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

directly after the givepokemon command. That padding should give it time to finish.

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Years
  • Now, another question...

Is it possible to tell how many bytes a script uses? So that I can try to save as much space as possible? (Is sometimes stingy with free space)

And, is it a bad risk to let Advance Map automatically pick offsets?

AND...is there a WildBattle script out there that works properly? I've searched in this thread and tested most of them, but none have worked. I've been at it for hours. And, if specifics are necessary, a WildBattle with a Mageneton at Lv. 25.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Right, sorry but im new at this. Im using Elitemap to hack Ruby, how do i save the scripts i edit?

I'm talking about the speech scripts, if that makes a difference. I only want to edit what is said not any movements.

How do i save the changes back into the ROM?

And if the solution requires Diamond Cutter, could someone please post a link to it, because i can't find it anywhere. :(

Thanks

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hedgehogger: Well, using Scripted we don't really know until you get a lot of practice (it's all kinda instintive...), but pokescript automatically searches free space, so you don't need to worry about that problem (but, still I love my Scripted XP)

From my experience, I'd say it's a bit risky to let AdvMap pick offsets automatically and unconsciously (it usually makes mistakes and deletes important offsets of maps or map banks), so my suggestion is that you pick a range of memory in which AdvMap will do whatever it likes, and if you run out of that memory range, just select another (By you selecting or picking a range I mean you being conscious of the range you'll give to Advance Map, and you'll never use that range for anything else: scripts, graphic insertion, etc).
    As always, don't forget to make a backup of your rom whenever you'll do something that would mean an offset repoint, at least till you get some confidence.

The wildbattle command is not working? I wonder what's going on...
    It's just wildbattle 0xPoke 0xLevel 0xHoldItem

But if it doesn't work properly try adding pause commands before and/or after the wildbattle command. I know sometimes the battles act a little weird.

Internazionale4: If you only need to edit the speeches, then the tool you should be using is Advance-Text, that's safer than editing the scripts with Elite Map. Don't forget you may need some files to make Advance-Text work, google for the files it asks.
    By the way, Advance-Text should be in one of the links in the Tools Showcase.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Well Zel, i have used Advance Text, and it only shows the text for the intro sequence, with Birch etc. up until Route 101. Then nothing.

Could this be because i am editing a previous hack? Im attempting to edit Naranja myself, to translate it. I've tried editing texts in non-hacked ROMS, Emerald to be specific, but then i get no text at all.

I get no prompts telling me to locate any files, like you suggessted.

Im using version 3.1.1 of Advance Text. Personally if someone could just explain how to edit the scripts in Advance Map or Elitemap, things would be easier, i think. But any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I ran into a little problem in testing setflags. See, I'm trying to set a flag with one script. In another script the flag is checked, and if it is set, then nothing happens; but if it is cleared (which is what the third script it for) text comes up. And yet it doesn't work. Big surprise. -.-

This is the setflag script:
    #org 0x900000
    setflag 0x10A
    end

Here's the checkflag:
    #org 0x910000
    checkflag 0x10A
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto 0x910100
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x910200
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x910100
    end

#org 0x910200
    = YAYZ! I've figured out how to use flags!

And the clearflag:

#org 0x920000
    clearflag 0x10A
    end

I first walked onto the spot where the flag should set, then the spot where it clears the flag. But when I walk to where the checkflag script is, nothing happens. Maybe I should start using PokeScript.

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
  • Can someone tell me the offsets for the badges in fire red? I'm wondering and it would help a lot. And also, the running shoes' offset?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Right, I've pretty much got the gist of the text editing now, but does anyone know the keyboard shortcut, or code, for the upside down ? and !.

Its really bugging me.

I need to edit them out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Right, I've got the jist of the text editing.

But now i have another problem. Mid way through a level, the sprite stops moving, and the music pauses.

Any suggesstions to fix this?

Sorry for the ignorance, but im new at this :P

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well Zel, i have used Advance Text, and it only shows the text for the intro sequence, with Birch etc. up until Route 101. Then nothing.

Could this be because i am editing a previous hack? Im attempting to edit Naranja myself, to translate it. I've tried editing texts in non-hacked ROMS, Emerald to be specific, but then i get no text at all.

I get no prompts telling me to locate any files, like you suggessted.

Im using version 3.1.1 of Advance Text. Personally if someone could just explain how to edit the scripts in Advance Map or Elitemap, things would be easier, i think. But any help would be appreciated.

Hmmm, then Advance-Text doesn't have the text for some roms (but you could search for texts using its "Search function", that way you could make your own "text database", and then you could edit your texts... But seeing as doing that could be a little tough and boring, unless someone else already did it, I guess you should stick with editing the scripts)

The deal with editting existing scripts is that it is a bit dangerous to just use EliteMap and open the scripts and change stuff (you may break the original scripts), a few things you should remember is that: delete the Movements that EMap usually shows in the scripts (because EMap shows them in a way the compiler wouldn't understand later), and the other thing is that to be safe, change the messages but don't add more characters than it originally had, so count them (or you could overwrite memory). You could skip this, but for now just keep in mind those two things.

Oh, a few other things, to open the scripts in EMap is Ctrl+Click, to insert your changes back in the rom (keep in mind the stuff I mentioned) you use the button "Compile" in Scripted.

And make a backup, because there's the risk of breaking the rom when editing scripts using EMap.

I ran into a little problem in testing setflags. See, I'm trying to set a flag with one script. In another script the flag is checked, and if it is set, then nothing happens; but if it is cleared (which is what the third script it for) text comes up. And yet it doesn't work. Big surprise. -.-

Spoiler:

I first walked onto the spot where the flag should set, then the spot where it clears the flag. But when I walk to where the checkflag script is, nothing happens. Maybe I should start using PokeScript.

Well, usually if I just set or clear flags without a release before the end the game just crashes, so see if adding the release command fixes something.

Can someone tell me the offsets for the badges in fire red? I'm wondering and it would help a lot. And also, the running shoes' offset?

I don't know the running shoes (I used the original script because I couldn't make it work my way), but the badges are:

820: Badge1, 821: Badge2, 822: Badge3, and so on...

Right, I've pretty much got the gist of the text editing now, but does anyone know the keyboard shortcut, or code, for the upside down ? and !.

But now i have another problem. Mid way through a level, the sprite stops moving, and the music pauses.

Any suggesstions to fix this?

Sorry for the ignorance, but im new at this :P [/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

I think if you are using the english version you wont have the ¿ and ¡ symbols, there's a thing called FontEd that may help you creating those symbols, but I haven't used it.

About the other problem, we would need to see the script, usually means something is getting overwritten, it could be the script that makes the movement, or the movement itself. Without the script, it's difficult to tell...

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Are there scripts for the start menu commands in Ruby, such as the Pokedex, PokeNav, and bag? If so, does anyone have the offsets? I want to know if there's a way to edit the PokeNav.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Are there scripts for the start menu commands in Ruby, such as the Pokedex, PokeNav, and bag? If so, does anyone have the offsets? I want to know if there's a way to edit the PokeNav.
    Pokedex is setflag 0x801.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back