• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Requests/Sharing/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
    Years
    Scripted explanation, as always (Irish, I need your confirmation, as always... :P)

Basically the multi commands works like this:

multi 0xHorizPosition 0xVertiPosition 0xId 0xCancel 0x19 (Not quite sure what 19 does...)

Where HorizPosition goes between 0 and F, with E as a good value for right position and 0 a good value for left position.
    Where VertiPosition goes between 0 and F, with 0 as a good value for up position and I wouldn't move it from that position, to have space for the options.
    Cancel is just the value 0 or 1, if it is 0 then user can cancel using the B button.

And the Id is just a value from the following list (If you find a "nada" that means "nothing", sorry I wrote the list in Spanish)

I have no experience with the Multi command. There aren't even any pointers in there so pokescript should behave same as scripted.

Thanks for the list. I will try to create a defines list for the box types and put it into Poketscript

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I want to have the nationaldex at the start of FR.
    Can anybody give me the script for prof. Oak at the Lab where he gives me the Nationaldex instead the kanto? I'm not very good at scripting and my scripted doesn't show me the script there is just ------------. And where do i find the titlescreenpokemon and the bag in unlz for FR?

Last edited:

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    I want to have the nationaldex at the start of FR.
    Can anybody give me the script for prof. Oak at the Lab where he gives me the Nationaldex instead the kanto? I'm not very good at scripting and my scripted doesn't show me the script there is just ------------. And where do i find the titlescreenpokemon and the bag in unlz for FR?

Well, Scizz has a tutorial on that. But really, the way to to it is just use
    setflag 0x828
    setflag 0x829
    Those two will give you the plain pokedex. For national, you want:
    special 0x16F

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    You should go on emulation and than to the Titlescreenediting Topic.
    I was there too. And thanks a lot.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
    Um i have two questions
    1. How do you make legendary battles the way u want them not using poketronic
    2. HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR OWN EVENTS LIKE SOME DUDE TAKES YOUR BADGE OR SOMETHING PLZ ANSWER.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    Input:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800720
    trainerbattle 0x00 0x2c 0x0 0x800750 0x800780
    return
    end

Output:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800720
    nop
    #raw 0x2C
    nop
    nop
    nop
    #raw 0x50
    if 0x80 call 0x80078008
    jumpstd 0x3
    end

Solution?

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Can someone tell me how to change the bagdes name?
    And maybe a script of a trainer battle with a rocket or so(only to se how it's built).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Um i have two questions
    1. How do you make legendary battles the way u want them not using poketronic
    2. HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR OWN EVENTS LIKE SOME DUDE TAKES YOUR BADGE OR SOMETHING PLZ ANSWER.

1. You only need to use the command wildbattle in the following way: wildbattle 0xPoke 0xLevel 0x2 (the "2" is to give the pokemon its battle theme, if it has any)
    2. Well, you'd need to know the flag for the badge you want to be removed, then simply do clearflag 0xBadgeFlag, that will remove the badge, but be careful, as it will re-enable the battle against the Gym Leader if used improperly. We discussed about Badges Values a few pages ago.

Input:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800720
    trainerbattle 0x00 0x2c 0x0 0x800750 0x800780
    return
    end

Output:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800720
    nop
    #raw 0x2C
    nop
    nop
    nop
    #raw 0x50
    if 0x80 call 0x80078008
    jumpstd 0x3
    end

Solution?

To what? Is there a problem with the trainerbattle? (Just in case the battle doesn't happen, put the #raw 0x5C before the trainerbattle command, at least for Scripted and Fire Red, will make it work)
    But rarely you'll understand the scripts after they are inserted (that's why you need to save them as .rbc files, if you need to modify them in the future)

Can someone tell me how to change the bagdes name?
    And maybe a script of a trainer battle with a rocket or so(only to se how it's built).

To change a badges name? I see only two options: a Text Editor (easy, but you'd need to "search" for the Badges name, add it to the ini, then edit it), or with an Hex-Editor (quite hard, and you may not be ready for it yet)

Well, any trainerbattle script should be like this:

'Common Battle

#org 0xBegin
    #raw 0x5C
    trainerbattle 0x0 0xId 0x0 0xIntroText 0xDefeatText
    message 0xAfterBeatingText
    boxset 0x2
    end

'Battle in the middle of another event

#org 0xBeginEvent
    #raw 0x5C
    trainerbattle 0x9 0xId 0x0 0xDefeatText 0xOpWinsText
    end

I don't usually fill a few things when I post examples, it's just some offsets to texts. And the Id value you should get it from PET, which you can use to edit the Rocket's Pokemon.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Can anyone give me help... Can anyone make a script in Ruby that can send me to a wildbattle and after the battle, that pkmn will vanish on the screen and will never come back again (except when we play a new game, then it will come back...)

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Can anyone give me help... Can anyone make a script in Ruby that can send me to a wildbattle and after the battle, that pkmn will vanish on the screen and will never come back again (except when we play a new game, then it will come back...)

Something like,

#org $start
    lock
    faceplayer(?)
    message $legendary
    legendary = POKEMON: Meow!
    boxset 6
    wildbattle 0x(pkmn) 0x(level) 0x(Battle style)
    [whatever you want to happen/be said after the battle]
    movesprite 0x(people #) 0x(x/hor position in HEX NUMBERS) 0x(y/vert position in HEX NUMBERS)
    release
    end

you'ed need a People ID too, but I'm not fluent with them yet.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Oh and I forgot where do you changed the pics of them?
    I've looke in unlz but i can't find the pics of them.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    I've made this script from making a few changes to Zel's FR-only script...But it doesn't work for some reason, yet I don't see anything wrong...

Spoiler:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hey Zel.
    How did you change the badges name?

Oh and I forgot where do you changed the pics of them?
    I've looke in unlz but i can't find the pics of them.

Well, in reality I haven't changed the Badges Name, it's just that since I do my scripts from scratch, I just write "got X Badge" when I give the Leaders their text. Anyway, you could find the Badges if you used an Hex-Editor or a Text Editor, then you could change them.

And I found the badges at 140 or close to that on unlz-gba (By the way, I think I found the RS Badges when I ran a Deep Scan... Probably for when you see a RSE Player's Card...)

I've made this script from making a few changes to Zel's FR-only script...But it doesn't work for some reason, yet I don't see anything wrong...

Spoiler:

I really don't see big problems, but you should tell us what means "it doesn't work". The only thing I could doubt about is the checkitem command. When I tried it, it didn't work for me. Then, when I asked about another thing regarding items, I got that you can check for items using

#raw 0x47
    #binary 0xItem 0xItem 0xQuantity 0xQuantity

Where Item is the item (2 bytes) in Swapped-Hex, same goes for the Quantity (you can ask for a certain quantity of a certain item). I don't really know if it's the same as the checkitem, but I like this one a little more...

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    im sorry if someone already asked but is it possible to view/edit the whole original script for a ROM (FireRed) using scriptED or pokescript

To do this, use ScriptED to open the ROM itself, then after the colon, type in the offset you're trying to find.

E.G. If you wanted offset 800000, it would say:

*Rom name here*:800000

chicken_man1234

Spriting and Mapping: Mediocre
    Years
    To do this, use ScriptED to open the ROM itself, then after the colon, type in the offset you're trying to find.

E.G. If you wanted offset 800000, it would say:

*Rom name here*:800000

I was looking to get the whole script at once, but I think that will work too. Thanks
    Also, using this way, do you know the offset for the start of FireRed where Oak stops you from leaving the town and takes you to the lab?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I was looking to get the whole script at once, but I think that will work too. Thanks
    Also, using this way, do you know the offset for the start of FireRed where Oak stops you from leaving the town and takes you to the lab?
    Oak's script is to long/complicated.. ScriptEd won't load it.. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back