• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scyther or Yanmega?

Which do you perfer?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I prefer Scyther simply because it's design is more appealing to me than Yanmega's design. I love Yanma, but I just never really liked Yanmega that much. The win is for Scyther

Muckknuckle

Azureist Priest
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2016
    I don't use unevolved ones either

Scyther has the same Base Stat total as Scizor. The only differences are in the stat distribution and its typing, meaning you can consider Scyther to be equal to Scizor, but useful in different situations.

Yanmega seems a bit more useful than Scyther to me, due to Speed Boost. Scyther would be better, except for its overall lackluster stats.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I used to like Scyther over Yanma, but ever since Yanmega was introduced it's been one of my favourites, I remember it was on my Platinum team, and it had the ability speed boost and it owned the Elite Four, literally most of their Pokémon anyway and I got it to Level 100 and it's so powerful, so I voted Yanmega.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    trade

Have to go with Scyther, love the way it looks, and never been a fan of Yanmega really..

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Scyther, although I'm not really into Bug Pokemon. Yanmega just seems annoying, and it always hurts my poor Gardevoir.

Years
    I prefer Scyther over Yanmega when it comes to designs. I always found Scyther's design to be unique unlike Yanmega, which looks just plain unappealing with an awful colour combination. I haven't used either of them extensively in the games though.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    Well, once Scizor was introduced I lost a lot of interest in Scyther and every time I catch one I immediately evolve it. To tell the truth, I don't care too much for Scyther anymore so I'll be the first to say "screw nostalgia, I'm going with Yanmega" I like Yanmega because it seems like a really dark/evil Pokemon and that's the type of Pokemon I like to use on my team.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I love both of them (I love all bug pokemon! <3) but I would have to go with Yanmega <3 It's pure awesomeness.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I never really liked Yanmega that much, and I love the Scyther/Scizor evolution line, so the obvious choice here is Scyther. I didn't really think Yanma needed an evolution anyway.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
    I like Scyther, for being almost unbearably cool.

But I like Yanmega, for being almost unbearably cool.

But I like Scyther, for the awesome ability Technician.

But I like Yanmega, for the awesome ability Tinted Lens.

But I like Scyther, for having a high Attack and Speed.

But I like Yanmega, for having a high Special Attack and Speed.

In the end... too close to call.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2011
    I prefer Scyther.

It looks much cooler than Yanmega, and evolves into one of my favourite Pokemon, Scizor. Also, it's green. Not green and red like stupid Yanmega....

Back