• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scyther vs. Scizor

Who is better?

• Scyther

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Scizor

Votes: 46 58.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
    There's a reason they made it evolve. Scizor is dominant in every way whatsoever, except for speed. But when you have scizor's strength, his STAB, and the tecnician ability, bullet punch will mess you up. I am currently looking for one for that reason.
    My vote goes scizor.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Scizor is naturally one of my favorite Pokemon (I used to go by the name Redclaw so when Scizor was made he was kinda my mascot :P) He is stronger and beautiful anyway.

JaydenTheDragonTamer

RPG Fanatic.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2022
    Scizor has more attack as well as more defence while scyther beats it in speed but also scyther has ALOT more weaknesses like fire,tunder,ice,

i like scyther but scizor just looks so HARDCORE so i would go with scizor ;D

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I like them both D:

Scizor just about shades it though, it's one of my favourite Pokémon. I can remember evolving Scyther with the Metal Coat on Silver for the first time, I got ridiculously excited about it xD

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well in my opinion Scyther is better. The reason being is it's obvious speed, and it's tremendous attacking capability. If we look back to Winona from Hoenn, we can see that her Altaria was VERY difficult to beat due to it's move Dragon Dance, which increased it's Speed and Attack. It was almost impossible to beat it, because you can't attack something that is stronger and faster than you. I have a Scyther on my Heart Gold team, and it is perhaps the best thing I've ever done in those games. It's moveset is Cut, False Swipe, X-Scissor, and Wing Attack. It's Wing Attack move can do 1-hit K.O.s on Electric Pokemon. I'm not joking. Add that to it's False Swipe, and you've got a legendary catching machine. I prefer Scyther, but to each his own.

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    Scyther. It looks WAY more intimidating than Scizor. Scizor reminds me of a happy meal toy.
    I never liked it that Scyther could evolve into Scizor either. I don't like it when evolutionary lines look nothing alike. Apparently the two do to some people, but not to me. At all.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've always liked Scizor's design. So much so that, for a while, Scizor was my favourite Pokemon. Although this only lasted for three months (where Darkai took it's place) I've still always had a place for Scizor in my heart.

Also, Scizor is hugely useful for competitive battling. Or so I'm told anyway, I've still yet to try using it.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    Its quite difficult to select one but I think I gotta go with Scizor .
    Its colour is great with the steel look and overall it just looks Bad-Ass xP

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    SCIZOR BECOZ EMO :D

nah jk. But really, I like Scizor more because I think it looks cooler, it's better in competitive battling since it doesen't get destroyed by SR, and it has great moves. Scyther is awesome too though. IIRC, I used a Scyther to play through Platinum the second time. :3 it was great.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years
    In a 1v1 battle, scizor would win against scizor. Scizor could use swords dance, while withstanding anything scyther throws at it. Then scizor uses bullet punch, scyther dies. End of story.

Years
    Scizor. it's cooler, can take more hits, and it's so cool it doesn't even need speed to kick your ass.

Bullet Punch says it all, plus Swords Dance, plus Technician......Only other steel types are safe.

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    Scyther, he is just amazing and i would pefer blades over claws anyday.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Well I really admire them both, Scyther because it's green, it learns flying moves, and because of its killer speed. And Scizor because it has massive attack power, learns flying moves, and everytime I hear its name I get the urge to go run around with scissors in my hands.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I'd go with Scizor, not because it is the evolved form of Scyther.
    I prefer technician on it (If it's not technician, then I use pokesav and change it! xD) Scizor has good attack, that with Swords Dance + Bug Bite and Bullet Punch just RAPES. I have a Scizor and it totally uber pwned Will of the E4.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Scyther is really awesome and all, but I prefer Scizor. It was my favorite for a while. <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Scizor will thrash Scyther any day. Since both Bug & Flying aren't effective against Steel, Scizor has the advantage.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    I really like Scyther, but scizor is so much better in my opinion, I wish they had made a pre-evolution that evolved into either scyther or scizor

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back