• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Scyther vs. Scizor

Who is better?

• Scyther

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Scizor

Votes: 46 58.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy99

Proud owner of Scyther
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    Who do you guys think is better/stronger/more awesome/whatever/etc.?

I say Scyther. He owns Scizor. Not pwns, he owns.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Agreed. But having a deep engraved burning HATRED for Scizor makes me kinda biased doesn't it?

SethOmega

I'm hiding in your hat.
    Years
  • It's a tough question. Scizor is stronger, and steel type, but Scyther looks way cooler and is needed to make Scizor. My answer is.... a secret. I voted, so get over it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • 40 base speed > 20 base attack + 20 base defense if you ask me, but there's a reason Scizor is dominating in the current competitive metagame. >_>

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I like Scizor because of its look. I mean, steel red...that's hot. Plus, it does really well in competitive play.

Except, my choice goes over to Scyther if anything else. It's faster; it isn't held back by being a half Steel Type and even though Scizor has a wicked attack status, Scyther still holds some decent move pools to hold a fight, plus lets not forget one of the best abilities brought to play, Technician.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Scizor also has technician....paired along with bullet punch, etc. makes it amazing.

Scizor has my vote.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • ^Scizor also has technician....paired along with bullet punch, etc. makes it amazing.

Scizor has my vote.
    Scizor does have these two combinations (Technician + Bullet Punch), which is why it is such a popular Pokémon in competitive play. However, looking away from those facts, seeing Scyther alone it puts up a decent fight with decent stats and moves at its procession. I myself would use Scizor over Scyther in competitive battling. Though, if it were just through personal preference and an individualistic strategy then Scyther wins me over.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • I voted Scyther. If Scyther just didn't have so many weaknesses compared to Scizor... I would totally go for 40 speed over 20 attack and defense.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Scizor was always like my favorite bug pokemon even though I hate it now because its so centralizing in competative play so i picked it.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Please ignore my theme for one moment.

I prefer Scyther's overall looks more than its evolution. Even if Scizor has the better base attack stats, Scyther's speed is much more useful.

Scythe > Claws

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Ever since Scizors appearance in the competitive metagame, i hated it. I swear that
    Bullet Punch+ Technician would get on my nerves so much..

i'd have to say Scyther. Im all about speed :3

Ayselipera

I'd say Scizor is one of the best evolutions given to a Pokemon after it's first generation release. Which is why I'm going to say Scizor is better. Only by the slightest margin though. I still really like Scyther and I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2010
    Scizor he was my favorite pokemon as a child but can you really compare a pokemon with its pre-evolved pokemon thats like comparing richu with pikachu or pikachu with pichu

Years
  • What the...

Scizor is the most popular Pokemon of today's metagame for a reason, people. ._.

Speed doesn't matter when Scizor has a technician boosted Bullet Punch with priority at his disposal, not to mention that Bug/Flying sucks.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I voted for Scizor. Why? Because it has only one weakness due to Bug/Steel, which can be nullified by Rain. It gets a STAB Technician Bullet Punch and is more bulky while not being 4x SR weak. It also has tools like Quick Attack, Pursuit, Superpower and U-turn to abuse.

Years
  • I don't really know... Hmm, Scizor is stronger in Attack and Defense but Scyther is really speedy. I am going to have to go with Scyther for its looks

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
  • Sorry, but Scizor is superior to Scyther in every way except Speed and while I love Speed, if you don't have the firepower to go with it, you aren't much use. Besides, with only one weakness compared to Scyther's countless ones, Scizor only have to really worry about Fire Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back