• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seasons!

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
Years
  • I really really REALLY love that they implemented seasons. Pokemon is the perfect game for this feature to make a debut!

What I like about it: music changes, Pokemon vary per season, can access different areas and get items, different trainers.

What I hate: The music is too similar, not enough Pokemon vary per season (and not enough Pokemon have their appearance altered like Deerling and Sawsbuck), not enough content to keep me going back each season, Cynthia playable only in Spring (LOLWUT).

Honestly, they had great ideas, I just think that they needed more content. Other than that, I absolutely love what they've done with the seasons and I welcome it to the Pokemon series.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I...honestly love winter. I've always loved the season, and always will. Plus it has the most changes~ I like the music changes for winter, too :3

For a backup, I'd say fall just for aesthetic purposes.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
    Years
  • I like the seasons, makes the atmosphere of the game feel much more different and nicer.

The only thing I dislike is the length of each season, personally I would prefer a shorter time frame or at least make it something you can decide on when it changes. Two weeks would be more preferred to me just so I get more variety of the seasons even though then that would be a fair few of the seasons a year, even though I can live with it being once a month just would prefer it being less.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think the seasons were a great idea, I just wish they could have done a bit more with them, like change other Pokémon sprites like, Torterra or Sudowoodo.

My favourite probably is Summer, since it seems to have the brightest and more vibrant feel to it.

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    I think the seasons are a great addition to Black and White. They add more realism and make the game more enjoyable, since you can go out and explore the Unova region in a completely other season.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Totally going to mention something here because it relates to seasons.

Am I the only one that just noticed there's now a Shikijika Deerling at the seasons institute thing? It's so so adorablee. :33 Oh yeah, and am I the only one that also bothered to collect a Deerling and Sawsbuck from every season? Since hey now I have. :D I know they change colours out of the box, but I kind of wanted to keep one of each. XD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I keep each colour in my box 2, so youre not alone! :D

Years
  • My favorite season in this game is Spring. I'm glad they decided to introduce seasons. Although they doesn't have much effect on the gameplay beyond a few Pokemon frequency changes and snow formations, I like the music and scenery changes they bring.

That said, I'm on summer vacation now, and I have to say, having it be Autumn inside my game is a little depressing.

ebiltun

Shiny and Event Collector
    Years
  • I like the summer season. It looks really nice all around Unova, when it is summer.

Nephilim

Resounding Sounds.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Favorite season is by default winter. Everything just looks -so- much prettier then.

I definitely liked this addition in B/W, it has a creative touch to it, and I also like how the types of Pokemon really do change with every seasons. This kinda got me hooked to the game, but what frustrated me kinda was the fact that I literally had to wait a month if there was a Pokemon I wanted to get, and I don't think changing the DS clock really made matters any better, either.

Either way, the seasons make the environment look really pretty and all, and yeah. ;___; That's all I really have to say about them.

still, Winter is just freaking awesome.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I think this was a cool addition in the pokemon mechanic. It just made things a bit more interesting (and patient, since some areas you can't access during certain seasons).

Back