• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Secret Santa 2020 IC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

• santa_sprite.png
    Secret Santa!
    santa_sprite.png

This is the IC to the 2020 Secret Santa event!
    The event will run until the 31st of December.
    god i hope i got everyone's in correctly

The Roleplay

Oh no! Santa sneezed super loudly and his Stantlers got super startled! They panicked so much that the presents Santa had prepared for each child got scattered in piles over town! He's requesting all the help he can get from the kids in town and their Pokémon partners! Please! Help him deliver the presents to each of the children before morning comes! Beware that some children stay up late to meet Santa- make sure they don't see you! We wouldn't want those kids to find out Santa made a honest mistake like that!

Now, what do you get out of this?! The moderators of the RPT all three happen to be artists. The 3 people with the most points will get fanart of the characters that were made for them! How cool is that? The mods will keep track on how many points everyone has received.​

Single post = 1 Point. A single post will get you one point.
    Joint Post = 3 points total. The post itself gets you 1 points but the fact it's a joint post earns you 2 extra points!
    Delivering Presents = 2 points. Delivering presents will give you two points, but only if the word count of your posts exceeds 500 words. You're free to deliver to another location in another post and get these points again.
    Creativity bonus = 4 points. If you do something incredibly cool, you will be given a grand 4 points extra. These you can earn for every single post you make!​

Rules

- All RPT rules apply
    - This RP is rated T!
    - No godmodding or bunnying.
    - Players are free to add present-delivering scenario's without consulting the GMs. Get creative! Use a prompt generator, whatever, go wild!
    - All further questions should be directed to Aquacorde, Sapphire Rose or gimmepie.​

Cast List

click here for all SUs

MACHOMUU as Riell McNotFake
    FOXRALLY as Victor R. Yan
    AETERNUM as Peter "Pete" Gorinshi
    JUNO as Meena Briar
    CUBETH as Oran Fulbert
    ELEANOR as Paulie Ruth
    GIMMEPIE as Entro Pai
    GROC as Samuel Clermont
    FEN-KUN as Dox
    NAKUZAMI as Miguel de los Santos

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Crash-Landed

Entro stepped out of the warm interior of the bakery and into the frigid outdoor air, Eracaste the Shieldon bounding around his ankles happily. He wasn't entirely sure how he'd ended up filling in for one of Duncan's missing staffers, but if one of your husbands needs the help, how can you really refuse?

As it were, that was how Entro found himself carrying a concerningly large stack of cake boxes out of the building for one of Duncan's regulars. He stopped just outside the door, looking over at the woman next to him and awaiting directions to her vehicle of choice.

"It's right over there, Mr. Pai," Meena gestured to a shiny, silver car across the street. Her own Chikorita scampered along on her stubby, little legs. "Sorry, we're gonna have to cross the road - I couldn't find parking on this side. The bakery's really busy around this time of year, huh?"

"Mhmm," Entro replied, carefully checking for oncoming traffic before heading over to the car. "Every year."

Meena lagged behind a little as she looked both ways herself. You can never be too careful. She caught up to the large man, and they walked the remainder of the distance in silence. Entro stood quietly next to her car when they'd approached it. "Oh, right. Rita, the door, if you please." Without removing her hands from her pockets, Meena felt for her car fob and unlocked the car. Vines emerged from the small Chikorita, opening the door for the tall man.

Wordlessly, Entro bent down, practically doubling over, and placed the stack of boxes inside the car with the sort of tenderness usually resolved for small children and fluffy Pokemon. He straightened up and shut the door. "There you are ma'am."

He turned to walk back into the bakery, but his attention was suddenly diverted skyward by a loud scream that was only getting louder. It took Entro a second to register what was happening, and he wouldn't have avoided the incoming missile at all if Eracaste hadn't tackled him to the ground.

From where he was on the asphalt, he heard the sound of something impacting metal behind him, followed by something scraping along the ground and several pairs of hooves touching down.

Behind him, the lady was curled up in a ball on the ground as well, trembling a few feet away from her vehicle. Her Chikorita was wrapped tightly in her arms, as she looked up at the mangled mess that was her car. A bright, red sleigh was sticking out of it, and the impact had caused the contents of the cake boxes to have spilled out, frosting oozing out the side of the car, which one brave Stantler was sniffing at curiously. A few other Stantler seemed to have landed with him, but they were mostly fleeing down the road.

Entro felt a hard nudge from behind from Eracaste. Taking that as a signal it was safe to do so, he sat up and looked around to see a handful of Stantler and a bright red sleigh that was now partially fused with Meena's car. Sitting on top of said sleigh was a man who was both masculine and cute, with arguably the most beautiful beard he had ever seen. Circumstances be damned, Entro was already wondering if his flock of husbands wouldn't mind a fourth member.

"Even better than the pictures," he muttered to Eracaste, who merely yipped confusedly in response.

This comment was drowned out by the apologetic ramblings of the man in question. "Oh no. Nonononononono. I am so sorry. I've been having such a day. I was in such a rush I didn't even see you. I hope you're insured. Oh no."

Meena sat still on the ground for so long, she could feel the concerned gazes of the two men standing over her. Once her heart stopped pounding, she shifted her glare from the car to the offender. "I-insured? Never mind the car, you almost killed me! How did this even happen? I mean, it's not like there are lots of other sleighs in the sky you could have gotten into an accident with-"

"I'm sorry!" The bearded man repeated. "I uh, let out a pretty vicious sneeze just now, and, well, I guess the Stantler really didn't like that, heh heh." He chuckled. When he noticed Meena wasn't laughing along, he quickly cleared his throat and looked around. "Oh, no, and all the presents are - well. Here, at least let me help you up, first..."

Meena took a deep breath and composed herself. Her rant was unbecoming for a lady. I'm okay. We're okay. That's all that matters.

"This is fine, at least we are all safe." She responded, a bit more calmly now, as she accepted his help up with one hand and gently set down Rita with the other. She stood back up, smoothing out the skirt of her dress.

"You're so considerate," Entro said, completely missing everything Meena had said as enamoured with the glorious specimen of a man that was Santa. "Thinking of us when you could have hurt yourself. What was that about presents?"

"Oh, ho!" Meena might have imagined it, but Santa's rosy cheeks seemed to flush a little redder at the large man's flattery. "Well, you see - I was on a pretty tight schedule to deliver the presents I had brought with me here, but this little incident seems to have caused me to spill most of them on the way down. Oh, what am I going to do…" He pondered, looking around.

"Presents like those?" Entro asked, pointing across the street. A pair of boxes, one adorned in bright pink Skitty-themed wrapping paper and the other with poinsettia variants of various Grass types were rather unceremoniously sitting on a pathway next to each other. "If you need help, why don't we deliver those for you while you fix up the sleigh? I would do anything to help you out."

Meena had been quietly observing the exchange with amusement, but was caught a little off-guard when Entro had volunteered her as well. "Now, wait a minute-"

"Why, yes, that would be awfully nice of you two! And might I add, you have a good eye." Santa winked at Entro, either not noticing, or glossing over Meena's interjection. "Now, let's see - those ones over there would be going to little Claire and, uh… Magnolia, respectively. Would you happen to know where to find them?"

...Maggie? Meena perked up. The latter of the two names, she actually knew quite well - not too many people were called Magnolia, after all. If this was who she was thinking of, the little red-and-green gift would be for someone she had come to know during her time in medical care, and if anyone deserved to have a good Christmas...

"Yes," She said softly. "Yes, I'll do it."

Without another word, the woman resolutely stepped out onto the road once again… and a loud honk sent her jumping backwards with a yelp.

"Oh! Well, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but don't get yourself killed in the process, dear." Santa chuckled nervously, steadying her. "Maybe try the crosswalk, hm?"

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Paulie Ruth 💜 Oran Fulbert
    ft. Cubeth​

Is there any better way to celebrate Christmas than turn into Santa himself? Yes, probably, but this was an enticing choice nonetheless for Paulie. She was about to prove all the doubting kids wrong and show them that Santa really exists - or at least her younger cousin that she spent most of the evening with.

Conveniently enough, her long, fluffy coat was already red. She just had to find some red trousers to tuck inside her snow boots and a decent-looking Santa hat, and… oh right, the beard was still missing. Time to pass off as Santa Claus's daughter, then… maybe.

Halfway to her destination, a loud crash caught her attention: she had to go and take a look, already expecting the worst. To be fair, no movie or play could prepare her for what she would have seen.

On her way, she felt something bumping against her leg, which was just a small minccino. It looked scared, and when Paulie caught its attention, it started walking backwards from where it came, just to be caught by a man coming from the same side as it. He was wearing a uniform, just like her, except that he wasn't acting or didn't seem too; it was the blueish uniform of the market's janitors, after all.

"There you are." the man whispers, holding the terrified Pokémon on his arms. "Don't run away like that again, okay?"

"O-oh?" Paulie turned around, trying to spot Minccino's owner. "It's alright, I'm sure it just wanted… to check what that crash is all about, just like I intend to do!" She explained, before starting to walk once again. "Actually… you should come too!"

"I- umm…" he snaps and gives a few steps away. "I think he is just scared because of the Stantler that appeared out of nowhere a bit ago, you see…? But I- I don't know. Guess he also wants to see what is happening, so…"

"Yes! Maybe the Stantler also has to do with that crash…" Paulie replied, her eyes already sparkling. Not like anyone would have noticed, with those contact lenses.

Fulbert was the first one to take a step forward to peek at the scene before them… well it was Minccino, actually. Who seems to be like some Santa Claus cosplayer was talking to other two people with their car crashed under his sled.

He couldn't really believe that scene at all. Admittedly, his eyesight was a bit blurry right now, since he spent the entire day cleaning the floors of the local market and that's a pain to do with everyone buying their stuff for Christmas dinner at the very last moment.

But as fake as he thought that scene was, his eyes weren't deceiving him at all. Looking at the eyes of Minccino and the clear excitement of his companion's smile proved that well enough. That man over there, was Santa Claus himself.

And he just caused a car crash…

"How did this even…" Paulie ran closer to 'Santa'. "Are you even for real!?"

Funny how she was trying to convince other people that Santa really existed, when she was the first to not believe it. The magic of acting.

Fulbert instantly pulled her back from her wrist, back to the wall they were behind at first.

"Are you crazy?" well, she probably was so the joke's on him. "Santa is supposed to have no witnesses… although he already has two without counting us. I think we are better waiting here for now."

"You said it yourself, the real Santa would never get himself into trouble like this!"

Obviously, Paulie did not comply with her new acquaintance and just walked closer to the bearded man, who… eventually stopped her in her tracks, but without looking angry or annoyed.

"I may not be completely human, but I make mistakes too…" Santa began. "Yes, I'm real, and that makes things even harder. Because now, there's no way I can deliver all these gifts in time… unless you all want to help me out."

Paulie raised an eyebrow, for once unsure of what to answer next. "Uh… you do have many gifts, for all sorts of people…"

Santa nodded with enthusiasm in his eyes, and at that point… Paulie decided that being skeptical was not good enough of a reason to also be a jerk. "Alright, I will do my best to help! Through the snow and the chimneys and… wait. Minccino trainer!" She turned around. "You'll help as well, right?"

He didn't want to come out. At least not until Minccino jumped out of his arms and ran to take a closer look at Santa, forcing him to go as well.

"I don't know. Maybe." he finally answered. He was seriously doubting it. He didn't want to take part in this in the first place. "What am I even going to do to help?" he couldn't wait for anyone to answer him before Minccino looked back at him with a sad frown. "Don't look at me in that way. I'd help if I could, but I don't know what I can help with, if I can."

"First of all, do you think it's going to be easy for me to carry all those gifts around? With 2 sweaters and a parka? And second, you don't want to leave Santa in this state, right? Especially if you still believe in him and you think he's real…" Paulie giggled.

She moved closer to Fulbert. "Let's pick some of the smaller packages and deliver them, those people with stronger Pokémon can handle the rest. Deal?"

"Huh? Okay..." he finally desisted after going quiet thinking about the worst possible outcome. "We can come up with some plan I guess. Right? You are dressed as him now, so we could use that."

"Oh, ho, ho, ho!" Santa laughed. "Thank you so much for helping me save Christmas for all those kids. I won't forget this, and they will be thankful too!"

"Close enough, I guess." Paulie smirked at Fulbert's last remark. "Well, let's pick up some gifts!"

Years
  • Entro and Victor

Entro was shaken from the near hypnotic state he was in by Eracaste yipping at him. He'd been staring at the wrapping paper on the present he was holding for nearly ten minutes at that point, and it was getting to be a bit much. He couldn't help it though, those Skitty with the Christmas hats and baubles were just so, incredibly cute that they needed to be properly appreciated.

It didn't help that he wasn't super motivated to actually enter the home in front of him to deliver the present. Process of elimination had led him to less of a house and more of a complex, several concrete buildings behind a large and equally concrete wall. Worse still, Entro knew from orders made to his shop that the people who lived in the nightmare abode were incredibly paranoid and had traps upon traps set up for intruders. He did have a mission to complete for a man with a beautiful beard though…

"YYYES! WE HAVE ARRIVED!" A loud, juvenile voice suddenly sounded behind him, threatening to wake up every soul in the gated complex before them. Entro spun around to see the source of the noise, coming face-to-face with a young boy in a thick Christmas sweater and large green and red gloves, with a pair of goggles on his head with lenses shaped like two Christmas trees. The boy's most noticeable feature though was his large, oversized backpack, filled to the brim with objects with jagged that stuck out from inside, and a few oversized mechanical tools hanging onto it.

"GP, MY GREATEST INVENTION YET- FOONGLE MAPS, HAS SUCCESSFULLY BROUGHT US HERE!" the boy screamed again, holding up a cellphone to the sky triumphantly. A slightly singed-looking, frazzled Morpeko cheered in response on top of his bag.

Entro opened his mouth to greet the new appearance before his eyes focused in on the Morepeko seated on top of the sweater-wearing lad's bag. "Look at you! You're so cute! I just want to steal you away so you can play with Eracaste every day!"

The sudden outburst was coupled with Entro reaching over the boy and scooping up his Pokemon, lifting it up Litleo King style before pulling it into an overly-tight hug. He continued a stream of compliments toward the creature's cuteness, slipping deeper and deeper into baby speech as he did so.

The boy squinted briefly at him before pulling out a notebook from his back pocket, quickly alternating his gaze between the man before him and his notes. "Curious…" he muttered. "Says here you should be much more of a paranoid, unwelcoming fellow, but hey, whatever makes our job easier."

Without further ado, he slid off his massive bag, plopped it to the ground, and reached inside to pull out a small carefully wrapped gift. "Here you go, sir! Happy, merry, jolly Christmas!" He said, tossing it Entro's direction.

Entro found himself suddenly jugging a squirming rodent and an additional pristinely wrapped present, desperately trying not to drop either, or the present he was already holding under his arm, as he caught the projectie offering. Once he had both settled in his grasp, he realised what had been said. "Oh. I don't live here. I'm just delivering something, see."

Entro held up the Morepeko, taking several awkward moments to realise he was showing the boy the wrong thing. He shuffled the objects he was holding around to display a present. It was the wrong one, but close enough.

"Ah, I see." the lad quickly scribbled something down and pocketed the notepad again. "You must be another deliveryman then! Dare I say, I'm glad Santa employs only the most devilishly handsome, sir- you look like you could comfortably hold down three or four relationships at once." He gestured for his Morpeko to hop back towards him, and as the rodent followed, he stuck out his hand eagerly. "The name's Victor R. Yan, inventor extraordinaire and future Nobeldum prize winner! And this is GP, my Morpeko." As he spoke, the Pokemon that had crawled back onto his bag pulled out a golden plaque that showed his certification as an accredited probably-an-inventor™ from his school's science fair.

"That's very kind of you," Entro replied and shook his hand, "I hope my husbands agree."

Entro ogled the card for a moment, extremely impressed by the brilliance it implied. It wasn't every day he got to talk to a certified genius. "But what do we do about getting in?"

"Leave that to me." Victor chuckled. He stepped towards the big gate, looking around to inspect it before letting out a soft 'aha' and finding the electronic panel and buzzer used to speak to the occupant of the house. He gave the panel a quick glance, hand on his chin, before quickly snapping his fingers.

"GP, screwdriver! The 42 null, please."

On cue, the electric rodent dove into his bag, rummaging around for a while before emerging with a small yellow screwdriver and carrying it to Victor. The young inventor quickly opened up the panel with it, his hands moving at an incredible speed as he turned screws and expertly unplugged wires attached to the device. After a few seconds of fiddling, a loud beep sounded, which was followed by the slow cranking of the front gate opening.

"You're really smart," Entro said, walking through the gate. So entranced as he was, he didn't even consider that he was technically breaking and entering. He also didn't notice the pitfall he nearly walked into, only to be saved by his loyal Shieldon tackling him away from the edge. "Guess we should watch our step."

"It seems our nice-lister is quite the paranoid one," Victor peered into the pitfall, noticing rows of crudely arranged spikes at the bottom. "Intriguing how a person with such assumed enemies still made it on there."

Entro shrugged. "Working out that sort of thing is a bit beyond me. Entro continued walking forward, now staring intently at his feet for any signs of further pit traps, Eracaste mimicking his masters actions.

The path in front of them leading to the front door was laden with bear traps, tripwires, spikes and little red beeping lights sticking through the snow, that the pair assumed were landmines. Victor slipped on his goggles and adjusted a dial on one of the lenses. "I'm afraid the path to the front door is completely obstructed by traps. We're going to need to take the side entrance." He pointed to a path ever so slightly noticeable from the rest of the snow, as if a trained pair of legs had walked it thousands of times in the exact same manner, which led to a small door off the side of the large complex.

"You're really smart." Entro repeated again. He carefully walked along the hidden path with Eracaste at his side, soon reaching the door. He reached out and gripped the painfully cold metal knob and gave it a turn, only to find that it was locked. "Huh."

As Victor followed behind, he inspected the large wooden frame. "I believe this isn't a digital lock we're dealing with anymore… we're going to need to brute force this lock." he tapped his chin.

Without any further warning, Eracaste leapt up and rammed into the door above the handle. The door flung open widely with a loud bang, slamming into the wall of the hallway beyond it.

"I guess he agreed," Entro said, looking back and forth nervously between the now open door, his cheerfully oblivious Pokemon and Victor. "We can probably fix that. This is totally fine."

Entro stepped into the hall, immediately discovering that the building disagreed with him. He stepped onto a concrete tile, feeling it sink down as he heard a distinctive click. An instant later, darts were flying out the walls.

The pair quickly ducked as the darts missed them, flying off into the night behind them. Victor glanced at the pressure plate Entro's foot was on with starry eyes. "An in-residence pressure tile system…" he mouthed incredulously, "... beautiful. Archaic, but beautiful."

He quickly snapped of out of his trance. "Ah, Mr. Pie, make sure to watch for any floor tiles that look slightly off, most pressure plates never fit seamlessly with the rest of the ground, due to the nature of the mechanism."

Entro looked around, not entirely sure who Victor was talking to. He resolved to tilt his head and stare blankly, seeing if the mysterious Mr. Pie would show himself.

The pair began to slowly walk down the hallway. The concrete walls and grey floor tiles were dimly lit by the spaced-out emergency lights on the ceiling, and the air smelled of paint and sulfur. Through the small vents that they could see on the ceiling every once in a while, they heard the whirr of some machinery as well as the ominous sounds of dripping liquid and creaking metal. This truly was a festive, yuletide setting.

Victor sidestepped another pressure plate, holding GP in his arms as the rodent trembled in fear. He exchanged few words with Entro, whose Shieldon seemed to his wits more about him than his own trainer. The two gifters stopped when the hallway split into three. Victor looked around. "Hmm… which way shall we go, then? Left to the spike pit, right to the incinerator or forward to the crushing machine?" he joked, looking at his colleague.

"None of those choices sound good," Entro replied, looking down at Eracaste nervously. "Why don't you pick?"

Eracaste yipped in response, dashing boldly straight down the middle hallway. Entro watched him go, looked back at Victor with a shrug and the two then followed behind the cheerful Shieldon.

After some more walking, Eracaste miraculously dodging all the dart-activating pressure plates, the group found themselves in front of another door, but this one was made of metal. No switches or panels beside it this time either. Before either of the gifters could react, a loud, robotic voice sounded from a hidden speaker above them.

"STATE YOUR BUSINESS, VISITOR."

"We're… here to deliver Santa's gift?" Victor replied in a hopeful tone.

"INVALID. SANTA DOES NOT EXIST. RELEASING SECURITY."

Almost immediately, two large, skeleton-like metal robots emerged from the side walls behind them, with glowing red eyes. As they whipped around to see, they noticed the cracking of electricity in the batons that that security bots were holding. Without warning, both of them suddenly charged forward, raising their weapons to strike.

"Ah, fizzled-wire short-circuit crap!" Victor cursed, stepping back in fear and nearly falling over with his oversized backpack. GP squealed and ran up Victor's bag, trying to get back into his dawn ball. "How do we get out this?"

"Uhhhhhhh… Tackle?" Entro asked Eracaste, not entirely sure if his Pokemon actually knew the move. In what may have been a Christmas miracle though, the little Shiedon did.

Eracaste gave something resembling a half-battle-cry-half-cheer and ran at the closest of the two security bots, ramming into it. The machine crumpled against the attack, dropping to the floor and shocking itself with its own baton, becoming nothing more than a heap of twitching scrap metal.

"Like that, I guess." Entro said.

"O-okay!" Victor stammered, sterling himself. "GP, fetch me the… PORTABLE MICROWAVE!"

The little Pokemon dove into his bag again before quickly emerging with a long cord, which he was painstakingly pulling on. After a moment, the cord was revealed to be attached to a large, box-like device fitted with duct tape and a mess of wires and batteries- a shiny, black, Philips-brand Microwave. Victor grabbed the appliance and opened its door before chucking it at the robot. It landed squarely on its metallic head- but did nothing to slow down the attacker.

"GP… ACTIVATE THE MICRO WAVES, FROZEN PIZZA SETTING!" Victor yelled, and his Pokemon followed suit, blasting a bolt of electricity at the robot's head. The microwave immediately turned on, and the results were devastating. The robot stopped in its tracks as sparks flew from its head, all while the non-metallic bits in its circuitry began melting away. After a second, it fell to the ground like its colleague.

"Magnificent work, partner!" Victor high-fived GP. "They felt the sting of my- our genius!" He turned to Entro.

"You're such a good little cutie-pie!" Entro exclaimed, petting the Morepeko a little too hard. He then knelt down and did the same to his Shieldon, who was much more comfortable with the firm contact. "You too, Eracaste."

As he spoke, a loud beep sounded and the metal door opened. Something one of the two had done to the guards must've activated the door's release, and they happily seized the opportunity, going through the entryway before it closed again.

The pair and their companions found themselves inside what appeared to be a large square room made entirely of metal. A small control box was fitted high on the wall directly across from them, next to a door inexplicably high up on the wall.

"That's weird." Entro said, perplexed. He had little time time to ponder this strange scenario though, as with a horrible grinding sound the walls began to move towards them. "You were right! It's a crushing machine. How did you know? How do we turn it off?"

"Wait, WHAT?!" Victor panicked and looked around- this part-time gig was beginning to really not be worth it anymore. "I was JOKING! I can't believe this is happening to us…" He inspected the walls some more. It seemed they had all been smoothed out and shaped to be as un-climbable as possible… but the boy nonetheless had an idea.

"Pass me the ribbon on one of these gifts!" Victor said to Entro, as he took off his bag and rummaged inside. After a brief moment, he pulled out a small gun-like object with a syringe at the end. "Behold, my ENTHICKENATOR!" Victor exclaimed. "Initially designed to make udon out of spaghetti and turn crepes into pancakes- but this should also work!"

As the walls rapidly closed in on them, Entro very carefully removed the ribbon from the present he was safeguarding, taking every possible second to avoid tearing the wrapping paper. With little time left, he freed the ribbon and handed it to Victor.

The room was less than half its original size now. With no time to waste Victor injected the ribbon with his Enthickenator, and watched as the flimsy shiny plastic grew into a much longer, far sturdier (but equally as shiny and festive) rope. He grabbed GP and tied the rope around him, eliciting a high-pitched protest from the rodent.

"Oi, language, GP." Victor scolded. He then turned to the muscular man again. "Quick, I need you to throw GP at the door, and when he reaches it he'll tie the rope to the handle and we'll be able to open it and climb out!"

Entro gently gripped the Morepeko in one hand and gave it a light toss up to the door, allowing it to grab the handle and wind the ribbon-rope around the handle. When the rodent brought the tether back, Entro had Eracaste help him pry the door open so they could climb up.

Entro gestured to the now open door. "After you."

Charmed by the politeness of his companion, Victor gladly look the offer and quickly made his way up the rope, painfully bearing the weight of his oversized backpack. Once he was at the top - which was another concrete hallway, shocking - he called out for Entro to go up. There wasn't much time left, and with a heavy steel-type to carry, he was worried the man couldng make it quickly enough…

"Mr. Pie, quickly!"

The Morepeko scampered up the oddly noodle-like ribbon to rejoin its master. Entro tried to follow behind, Eracaste clinging to his back. However, the rope suddenly snapped and Entro was painfully reminded of gravity's existence as he slammed into the hard ground. "Oh no, not the ribbon! Now what will go on the present?!"

"That's what you're thinking about?!" Victor yelled back from the top. The room was getting much, much smaller now and at a quicker pace. With the rope snapped, there was no chance for escape anymore. Fearing the worst, Victor looked away and shielded GP's eyes.

CLANG.

A few moments passed as Victor held his breath, unwilling to look back down at what could be Entro's demise. Yet as he peered with one eye… he found the man and his Pokemon intact- more than intact, even, as the held the walls appart entirely with the strength of his muscles. He didn't even appear to be breaking a sweat.

"The walls aren't very strong or something," Entro said, "I don't really get it."

"Incredible!" Victor gasped, but realized he couldn't waste more time- pulling off the ribbon from his own gift, he injected it again with twice the dosage and dropped down the rope, making sure the other end was tied securely. "Come on, you can make it!"

This time, Entro was able to climb up safely. He set Eracaste down and pulled the noodle-ribbon up, doing his best to tie it neatly around its present again. It didn't look great, but at least the present was properly beribboned. "I suppose that will have to do."

The group cautiously headed down the hall, finding their way to one more locked iron door. Entro gave Eracaste a nod and the Shieldon rammed the door open to reveal… a cosy lounge room with a lit Christmas tree next to a warm fireplace. After the drama and excitement of the last several minutes, it was actually kind of disappointing.

"Be careful, my friend, that lovely tree could in fact be a missile or evil robot or something." Victor warned, but he knew this room was definitely different from the rest. He cautiously stepped in front of the tree and placed his gift beside it, stepping back slowly to see what would happen. Nothing did, however- this really was the delivery point.

Entro followed Victor's lead, gently setting down the noodle-ribboned gift beside the pristine one. He then stepped back and waited to see if anything happened. When nothing did, he turned to Victor. "Mission accomplished then?"

"Mission Accomplished." Victor nodded. "But uh, how do we get out of-"

As he spoke the robotic voice from earlier sounded again. "THANK YOU. MERRY CHRISTMAS."

Before they could react, the floor beneath them opened up, dropping them into a slide, which then threw them into the snow outside. A soft whirr was heard and the door behind them slammed shut. After a second of stunned silence, the door opened up again and two cookies and glasses of milk were thrown out of the slide too, landing in the snow next to them.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Oran Fulbert & Paulie Ruth

"I think it was this house?" Paulie reads the address on the gift card once again. "Just imagine, Santa Claus mixing up gifts and giving a Master Ball to a toddler! After all the smallest gifts are always the most precious!"

She quickly turns to Oran as her enthusiastic grin leaves way to a more dry one. "O-ok, what do we do now?" She asks, as in her hands stands a little pink box with a ribbon nearly as large.

Thankfully, Oran still has his uniform on, and therefore all of his keys and tools are with him as well. He couldn't remember how many times one of the warehouses got locked up, or some of his workmates forgot the keys to the market at home, so he had some practice with his lockpicking skills.

It isn't a house too different from what one would've seen in any christmas movie. Completely decorated, with small windows on the living room making it possible to look at how the tree was conveniently placed near the chimney. That makes their job pretty easy for this one gift at least.

He still can't help it but to think this was borderline illegal, though, but they have to break into people's homes to deliver those gifts after all, so he gets himself into this anyways.

"Okay, so this is the plan." he begins. "This is the window that is closest to the tree. I'm going to unlock it, but we are NOT going inside the house since we could activate an alarm."

He looks at the roof, then at Minccino and at Paulie's Purrloin standing by her side.

"There's a chimney in there, so the best bet is someone falls from there and exits through the window. I'm not going to do that, and I don't know if you want to do it either… right?"

"I will definitely do that! And then get stuck half way through the chimney, with my amazing coat ruined by the black dust and ash as I slowly burn to a crisp from the fire underneath me." Paulie remarks. "Pokémon it is, provided that the fireplace is cold…"

The Cat Pokémon looks at her in annoyance. "Yes, Hamlet." He pouts, only for Paulie to repeat that one more time. "There's a tree right there, it should be super easy."

"Yes, the tree being close to the fireplace is perfect. It's as if they placed it there so Santa wouldn't have any trouble delivering the gifts." Oran chuckles. "Now what can go wrong? If the kid wakes up, they would like to see you… Santa, I mean."

"Doesn't Santa throw down the gifts into the chimney anyway? Somehow?" Paulie laughs. "Or maybe they have some Psychic types. Anyway…" She throws the small box as high as she could, trying to get it to land on the roof. The first time didn't work well at all, the second was still not good enough, but the third attempt finally succeeds. "Now you just have to take it down with you as you descend the chimney, Hamlet!" She says as her eyes sparkled.

"So, Santa's little helper will take care of the gift, clean it from the ash, put it next to the tree, and… and then we open the window! Sounds good. Let's do that actually."

Oran nods. He won't do much, after all, but making the plan for this to work out is satisfying. Having the Pokémon do the thing is the best way to have this working and going.

Minccino looks at the roof, with his eyes sparkling and mouth open in amusement, though he's a bit sad he won't be able to do much.

"You'll have your moment to shine, buddy." the janitor says, to which the Pokémon smiles and nods.

Purrloin is already on the roof, ready to pick up the gift. He gets up on his hind legs, wavering towards the chimney. Then he drops the box in there and just moves away, causing Paulie to facepalm. "So now the gift is going to fall inside the ash. Assuming the fire is out. There might have been some precious jewels in there and they're now laying in black dust!"

"Hamlet, just drop in there and make sure the gift is not broken! We can free you, it's ok!" Paulie reassures her Pokémon, but he looks doubtful.

Oran sighs, looking for the lockpicking tool inside his pockets. The window struggles to open a bit, but eventually it budges. He points at it, making sure Hamlet knows it's open now giving him a thumbs up. "There."

"Come on, come on!" Paulie encourages him again, before he finally gives in to his trainer's weird ideas and drops in. Once he's inside, he can finally sneak out of the fireplace, put the small box near the Christmas tree, and head for the window… but when he's about to get there, his body lifts off from the ground.

Hamlet shrieks as a man grabs him. "How did you even end up in here, little one?" He asks, subduing all of the Purrloin's attempts to escape him. "And how long have you been in here? It's a miracle you didn't topple the tree yet."

"Well. That's not good. My righteous assistant is in danger, he needs help!" Paulie turns to Oran as she hears what's happening on the other side of the window.

"Don't shout, he could hear us too!" Oran says, pulling her away from the window. "But yes, this is bad." He tries to find a solution, but he can't get anything past the thought of this being his fault in some way. Maybe they should've thought about it a bit longer, Paulie could've had a better idea! Or he could have refused to help to begin with.

It's too much pressure and not enough time, and none of them have an idea of what to do. At least not until he heard Minccino's low cry at the window.

"Hide." he says to his companion.

The man holding Hamlet walks to the window, still holding the Purrloin. "Why is this window open? I would have sworn I closed it before going to sleep." he asks himself "And there's another Pokémon here as well… sigh maybe they both came from that window. You forget to close the window once, and all the wildlife comes into your house. What a problem."

He finally puts Hamlet on the ground. The Pokémon hisses at him and jumps outside, back to his owner, frowning and hissing at both, Oran and Paulie, for the situation they put him in. Minccino jumps out as well, but he looks pretty happy contrary to his partner. He gets close to Hamlet and gives him a head pat, but he lowers his ears and snarls at him.

Before the man closes the window again, Oran gets to hear the kid whose gift they delivered.

"Dad? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, son. Just a wild Pokémon from outside making some noise." he answers. "Go back to sleep, okay? You'll want to have all of your energy tomorrow to open your gifts."

"We did it! We did it!" Paulie pats Hamlet, using this occasion to calm down a bit herself. "Mission accomplished!"

"Shush! They can still hear-!"

"Santa!?" they hear the kid's voice coming through the window. Oran gets to hide in time.

"Oh, uhm… yes." Paulie chuckles… nervously. She didn't quite plan to actually do Santa's deeds, only to act as him, and that made things a bit more complicated. "Wait, I should say something like … Ho Ho Ho!" Right. Oops.

"You don't look like Santa at all." the kid points out.

"Uhm… what do you mean I don't?" Paulie smirks… but then remembers that the boy is supposed to be right. "I'm his daughter, I'm doing some traineeship today."

"I didn't know he had a daughter. Where is Santa, though?"

Oran starts getting nervous with so many questions, causing Minccino to intervene again. The Pokémon starts singing from the background, targeting specifically at the kid. It's a slow christmas song, perfect for the occasion. The kid suddenly starts yawning, but he wants to keep talking to 'Santa's daughter' until he finally falls asleep on the couch.

Making sure no one's around this time, Oran closes the window and locks it again.

He sighs, with his head against the wall. "Now onto the next gift." After receiving no response, he turns around, just to see Paulie laying on the ground with her eyes closed in a deep slumber on the snow.
    ft. Eleanor as Paulie Ruth

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
  • Paulie Ruth

"I can take care of this one!" Paulie laughs, but already knows that the chimney is the ultimate gamble. He has to find a different strategy but he's sure he can manage, as Oran works on another delivery.

This is another single house and honestly, it has taken its fair share of time just to get here… well, even more so if you walk just like that blocky character in that video game because all of your clothes limit the movement of your joints! Plus, this time the gift is much bigger and heavier. Probably for a younger kid, who knows.

Without anyone's help, without a powerful Pokémon, and without any interesting idea, Paulie approaches the door and lets out Hamlet once again, explaining his plan as he pets him. And then, he… he actually rings the bell. Multiple times. Again and again.

It's a dreadful situation, the one the family finds herself to face. A poor, cold, lonely Purrloin, still dirty from whatever happened to him, is waiting in front of their home, hoping to spend some time inside and get some food he desperately needs. The skeptical father that opens the door, a Roggenrola already by his side, soon smiles and lets Hamlet in, as Paulie tries to pick up what's happening by hiding away from the door.

Purrloin truly lives up to his species's reputation, by sliding inside, already eyeing the kitchen, and running in front of the fridge. Then he sits there, scratching it a few times… and giving Paulie more time to sneak in as well. He can already hear the discussion going on between the father and one of the children, and one more look through the door reveals the child grabbing Hamlet and cuddling him like there's no tomorrow.

"You can't keep it like that, it's probably rogue… I'll just give it some food and get it out of here."

"But it's so cute!" Sure he is, he's still playing along.

"Yeah but it's also gruff and dirty and… Mom cleaned the house just a few hours ago! Just let it breathe for a moment…"

Paulie runs in and puts the gift under the tree, as Hamlet is still held hostage - basically. But when he tries to leave the house and get Hamlet inside his Pokéball, he gets noticed. "Thief! Burglar! Stop right there! I know what you're doing!"

Paulie stops in place, letting the Pokéball fall on the ground and lifting his hands - or rather, mittens, up in the air. "Not my intentions… sir. I was looking for my Pokémon."

"Why would I believe you?" The father replies, trying to contain his rage. "Why would I believe the trainer of such a wretched Pokémon anyway?"

"Excuse me?" His daughter chimes in.

"I swear I have taken nothing. My coat is already on the point of exploding with how many clothes there are underneath, I don't think there's space for anything else." Paulie replies, only causing the man to raise an eyebrow."Can I go now?"

Sure enough, the gift is there, under the tree, in a perfect position. No one has seen it magically appear, since they're all too busy on Purrloin. All that is left is actually leaving the house without causing too much of a ruckus, but of course something had to go wrong just at that moment. "Hamlet, come on!"

The father quickly reaches for the key, though, and locks Paulie in. All he can really do is peek over the kitchen door to see his Pokémon still struggling to free himself from the child's grasp… well, except he's actually enjoying it! A lot!

"Help me, will you?" Paulie asks, before turning to the father again. "As for you. What will you do with me now?"

"Give you a lesson is the least I could do." He replies, as Roggenrola steps forward. Paulie's face looks more and more like that Breloom in that meme… the outraged one. And when Hamlet sees that, he remembers who his trainer really is.

"Assist me, Hamlet!" Paulie cries out, and he takes the advice by the letter. He finally frees himself from the young girl, runs closer to his trainer, and goes for the move Assist. His fur faintly glows as he prepares one of Roggenrola's own moves…

A loud bang is heard through the neighborhood, as Paulie is launched against the door and tears it open with the force of the impact. His Pokémon also follows suit, landing on top of him, motionless. Inside the house, both the father and the daughter seem to have passed out, with Roggenrola panicking and trying to help its own trainer.

Paulie wins the race to who wakes up first and is able to run away before those two realize what happened - that was lucky - but has to spend a good amount of time trying to heal up his own Pokémon before even attempting another delivery. Sure enough, he's not locked inside anymore, but… what a way to go out in style.

Explosion.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Miguel & Samuel

The air was still this time of year, the winds silent as nearly imperceptible flakes of snow drifted lazily to the ground. That stillness was frozen, both in the way the streets remained motionless, and in the frigidity of the atmosphere. Christmas lights lined the street lamps and the local buildings, bringing a warm glow to the otherwise tenebrous town.

A sweet aroma had enshrouded the street, emanating from the local bakery, still working tirelessly as the holidays came at full force. That was where Miguel was headed, following the lead of his bold little Mudbray who was enamored with the dulcet fumes.

Now, perhaps, there was a tad extra emphasis on the was of his destination, as, during his approach, he had witnessed a man exit the bakery---the baker's husband and local blacksmith, Entro---and start towards a car across the street alongside the woman it belonged to, before their journey was cut short by a sudden, uncharacteristic explosion of sound and light. Where a car had been mere moments ago now stood a . . . sleigh?

Miguel blinked slowly a few times in shock. Perhaps his perception of the event was muddied in this dim, snowy weather. But, no, after taking a moment to pull himself together and reexamine the situation, his eyes confirmed that what he was seeing was indeed a sleigh, evidently pulled by a group of Stantler and carrying the big bearded man in red himself. To say he was struck by disbelief was an understatement, but his curiosity was immensely piqued.

He lowered his stance and stepped further to the side as he crept closer to the exchange occurring between the blacksmith, the woman, and Santa Claus in the flesh, his Mudbray quietly walking beside his legs.

"Did you see that?!" A voice spoke up from behind him. The voice belonged to a teenage boy bundled up in a sleek black jacket and fuzzy hat, holding a wrapped package in his gloved hands. "I'm legitimately curious, I didn't see it myself, but I certainly heard the ruckus it caused. And look! The poor soul lost all the presents in their sleigh."

Miguel jumped slightly, not having noticed the boy approach. He turned to him and brought a finger to his lips, indicating a need for silence. "I want to hear what's going on."

Miguel leaned in closer, eavesdropping on the conversation. The gist that he got was that Santa lost some presents during the crash, and was now asking the people with him for assistance in retrieving and delivering them. What a perfect opportunity!

Without thinking, the boy charged in, accompanied by a boisterous whinny from his Mudbray. "We're here to help!" Miguel called out, stopping mere feet away from the group. "Him too," he added, motioning back to the boy that had snuck up on him.

"I am?" The other boy looked up from the boxes he'd been surveying, coming forward almost reluctantly. "I mean… yes, I am."

"Oh, ho ho!" Santa didn't seem too surprised to see them, but did look grateful. "That's very generous of you both! If you could take care of the presents, I can focus on getting my sleigh fixed! And maybe the car, while I'm at it…"

Nothing more needed to be said before Miguel was hopping into action, grabbing a few more of the nearby stray presents as well as a small, previously-filled-with-gifts sack that he attached to his Mudbray's neck for easy transportation. He turned to Samuel, grabbed the boy's arm and took off while spouting a perhaps too rapid to understand stream of thought about "adventure."

Samuel allowed himself to be dragged along, attempting to make sense of everything. "There's a rather large amount here… Perhaps we should divide the labor? I'll take some and you take the rest? We can meet back up at the sleigh once we're done."

"Great idea!" Miguel stated enthusiastically. "We'll be done in no time if we do that!"

Miguel snatched up a handful of presents, briefly glancing at the names of each one's recipient, tossing one into the sack carried by his Mudbray and then one to Samuel, back and forth until a large pile had been divvied up between them. With that, he gave Samuel a salute, pointed in a direction and yelled encouragement to his partner as they began to sprint off into the snow, leaving Samuel and the rest behind with nary a goodbye.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back