• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seems PC's changed alot...well im back again for another RMT =)

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Hey everyone whats up, the tournaments at my game-stop have been going great i have been dominating for 3 weeks in a row earning myself a total of 80$ store credit...but i stopped playing since there was nothing new/exciting in the game. But now that i've got nothing better to do...it's time to battle!!(Cheezy line i know lulz)

Here are the stars of my team- (NOTE: I dont know the current metagame, this is a team from about 1-3 months ago i cant remember.)

Swampert@Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 Hp, 252 Def., 6 Atk.
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    Avalanche

The shiny lead. I love swampert mainly because he's so darn bulky and dishes out damage to no tomorow. Yes, it's a CB set where the atk ev's are in def, but swampert needs the extra def. to keep going, and he already does enough DMG to take down TTar, weavile, so on...

Starmie@Life Orb
    Timid
    160 Hp,132 Sp.Atk, 216 Speed
    Surf
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

This acts as my infernape/gyrados counter because it sometimes gives me problems. Recover is terrible and i've never even seen that move used even on sets that have it so it sucks in my book, especially the times i have seen it used weavile/snorlax just switch in and pursuit =/. Grass knot is to hit enemy swampert since i dont have an actual strategy to take him down.

Metagross@Life Orb
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 252 Hp, 6 Def.
    Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
    Agility
    Earthquake
    Meteor Mash

Agility gross, mainly my late game sweeper. Havet tried this out yet and i dont know whether to have t- or ice punch, but i know this is reliable...

Salamence@Life Orb
    Rash
    120 Atk.,252 Sp.Atk, 136 Speed
    Draco Meteor
    Brick Break
    Flamethrower
    Crunch

I love mixmence. He is such a beast showing how much pwnage he serves out on a golden platter. He is like that 5$ foot-long you get at subway with extra chips thrown in on the side. Not much to say sept crunch is to put a dent on cress while i can on the switch. I hate cress with a flying passion >=(

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Careful
    252 Hp, 252 Sp. Def., 6 Atk.
    Crunch
    Body Slam
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Snorlax has won me so many games it isnt even funny. Body slam with 30% paralysis is game-breaking, as body slamming on a switch and paralyzing a sweeper can cripple a team pretty badly, and this has happened to me several times. Crunch is so i dont get walled by gengar, and to hit cress cause i hate cress >=(. Havent i said that before??

Tangrwoth@Chesto Berry
    Impish
    252 Hp, 252 Def., 6 Atk.
    Power Whip
    Knock Off
    Earthquake
    Rest

The fact that tangrwoth doesn't have a recovery move outside of rest hurts, but chesto berry helps with that. People say "Oh, it's only good as a 1 time use" that may be, but the health i regain from rest while staying on the offensive helps more then people think...tangrowth hates salamence and flyers in general...especially choice scarf Starapter. I hate that dang thing...Other then that he's kind of a wall/tank as he dishes out SOOO much damage from Power whip. I love it when n00bs ice punch my tangrowth cause i EQ right back =)

Well PC it's good to be back...let's see how much improved the S@M team has improved ;-)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Starmie : -

Ok, but you do realize without Recover on Starmie Mixape 6-0's you ?. Since it can no longer come in more than once due to Grass Knot on foe infernapes.

Recover is not terrible it allows starmie to take hits with its psuedo bulk and without it your going to have one heck of a hard time countering the things you should do. An even bigger case is it allows you to recover off life orb damage.

Also "If i use Recover weavile and snorlax will pursuit me when i use it" is an awful argument since NO starmie is not at possible risk from this anyway, unless said starmie has Reflect.

Grass Knots only real purpose is for swampert and you have Tangrowth, need i say more ?. Otherwise is has poor coverage.

Salamence : -

120 ATT / 212 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED please on mence to give you 280 speed to beat neutral nature Lucario and use Roost >> Crunch. As this allows mence to become a fighting "check" something you DESPERATELY need. Un-stab Crunch does like 2 to cress and LO Draco will do more to it anyway lol. Metagross uses cress as set up fodder, so meh.

Tangrowth : -

Sleep Talk-less rest is just asking to become set up fodder. At the very least you can use Synthesis >> Rest. Sure it sucks, but Rest with no sleep talk sucks more and is just asking a say, LO Gyarados to come in set up on you and go "Rofl DD, 6-0". Tangrowth NEEDS leftovers or sadly it isnt going to last long at all after the chesto is gone.

Id consider Sleep powder > Eq too since it isnt doing much.

Also give it 28 speed evs if you fear swampert that much.

Tbh you lack anything that can sweep late game, Agiligross would suffice.

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    hey whats up D_A long time no see. Anti still around??

Telling by your rates the meta hasn't changed much sept for garchomp. I can understand roost on mence since he does usually need the extra HP against heracross especially, but i just still can't see myself using recover on starmie =/ It's just the thing with mixape it's become second nature to me so i know how people play it, i mean, i have one myself lol...

Yea i guess i never really noticed i had tangrowth but i used to use weezing thats why starmies got grass knot i forgot to over-look that.I dont like sleep powder as my luck sucks and it always misses =/

Agiligross?? Ever since i battled richard steel(where has he gone anyway?) i've always wanted to use one. Should i use the standard set or another one? I dont know if i want ice punch because i'm un-sure if metagross is capable of taking on mix-mence/specsmence and dragons like that since nowadays other dragons pack a fire move...idk...i said im open to opinions...*shrug*

I also knew someone was guna say the thing about gyra 6-0 thing on growth. Thing is, a DD'd ice fang does like...30% dmg on it or something...i dont remember how much but its not as good as it should be...even then i got starmie...idk...it works against gyara for me and it has whipped the thing to death several times. Question though- Do i even need growth with starmie as a counter or do i need the extra def.?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    hey whats up D_A long time no see. Anti still around??

Telling by your rates the meta hasn't changed much sept for garchomp. I can understand roost on mence since he does usually need the extra HP against heracross especially, but i just still can't see myself using recover on starmie =/ It's just the thing with mixape it's become second nature to me so i know how people play it, i mean, i have one myself lol...

Yea i guess i never really noticed i had tangrowth but i used to use weezing thats why starmies got grass knot i forgot to over-look that.I dont like sleep powder as my luck sucks and it always misses =/

Agiligross?? Ever since i battled richard steel(where has he gone anyway?) i've always wanted to use one. Should i use the standard set or another one? I dont know if i want ice punch because i'm un-sure if metagross is capable of taking on mix-mence/specsmence and dragons like that since nowadays other dragons pack a fire move...idk...i said im open to opinions...*shrug*

I also knew someone was guna say the thing about gyra 6-0 thing on growth. Thing is, a DD'd ice fang does like...30% dmg on it or something...i dont remember how much but its not as good as it should be...even then i got starmie...idk...it works against gyara for me and it has whipped the thing to death several times. Question though- Do i even need growth with starmie as a counter or do i need the extra def.?

Yep, Anti is still around =p.

The metagame has actually changed quite alot its become very offensive now.

DD ice fang does ~40% to Tangrowth since people are using Life Orb Max Att Gyarados now, so if your asleep your gonna have immense problems.

Also Starmie is no longer a viable Gyarados counter without HP and Defense evs since it gets OHKO'd by Life Orb Gyarados with Bite and OHKO'd by Earthquake/Stone Edge with Stealth Rock up. Id keep starmie anyway for infernape mostly.

Yep standard Agiligross works.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Yep, Anti is still around =p.

The metagame has actually changed quite alot its become very offensive now.

DD ice fang does ~40% to Tangrowth since people are using Life Orb Max Att Gyarados now, so if your asleep your gonna have immense problems.

Also Starmie is no longer a viable Gyarados counter without HP and Defense evs since it gets OHKO'd by Life Orb Gyarados with Bite and OHKO'd by Earthquake/Stone Edge with Stealth Rock up. Id keep starmie anyway for infernape mostly.

Yep standard Agiligross works.

Omgosh...^^bolded up there is truely a nightmare...wow...i...am honestly speechless...

D_A...serious question- From how the current meta is, i want to scrap my team for it to fix the game right now. I'd like to keep swampert CB if possible (I hatched the shiny adamant one with godly IV's...it means something to me =/). I wana do this since well tangrowth/ starmie cant even cover gyara anymore and i have to change wonder-gross to agiligross *sigh*. Is smogon updated with tiers ready for platinum or whatever? Im kinda un-interested in buying a japanese game when i can just spend it on an english one few months later...im asking because i really dont have a clue of what to do with my current team while i have diamond...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Omgosh...^^bolded up there is truely a nightmare...wow...i...am honestly speechless...

D_A...serious question- From how the current meta is, i want to scrap my team for it to fix the game right now. I'd like to keep swampert CB if possible (I hatched the shiny adamant one with godly IV's...it means something to me =/). I wana do this since well tangrowth/ starmie cant even cover gyara anymore and i have to change wonder-gross to agiligross *sigh*. Is smogon updated with tiers ready for platinum or whatever? Im kinda un-interested in buying a japanese game when i can just spend it on an english one few months later...im asking because i really dont have a clue of what to do with my current team while i have diamond...

Tangrowth will be able to cope if you put Stun Spore or Sleep Powder >> EQ, makes Gyara ALOT easier to deal with. And an instant recover move > rest >_<, i know it sucks but Synthesis is better than nothing. Knock Off will do wonders anyway so i wouldnt say your weak to it just yet. My point was if it comes in whilst your asleep, you WILL get swept =p.

Ill send you a pm which i sent to Iceman about how the metagame has changed, if your interested. Its a bit tl;dr, but meh it gives you the gist of late d/p and platinum.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Yeah, Tangrowth needs Sleep powder>EQ. I have a Tangrowth, and that's what makes him pretty good.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Tangrowth will be able to cope if you put Stun Spore or Sleep Powder >> EQ, makes Gyara ALOT easier to deal with. And an instant recover move > rest >_<, i know it sucks but Synthesis is better than nothing. Knock Off will do wonders anyway so i wouldnt say your weak to it just yet. My point was if it comes in whilst your asleep, you WILL get swept =p.

Ill send you a pm which i sent to Iceman about how the metagame has changed, if your interested. Its a bit tl;dr, but meh it gives you the gist of late d/p and platinum.

yea i just went on smogon and saw the move tutors in platinum and WOW how many pokes are getting freakin' outrage?? Heat-wave zapdos/crobat...what the heck???

*sigh* when IS the american release for platinum so i would know if it's worth EV training up guys for D/P when platinum is going to absolutely break competition...also, you can trade D/P guys to platinum obviously still right?? =/

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Starmie needs Recover, or else it'll be taken out too early to efficiently handle Mixape and Gyarados. ChestoRest Tangrowth is horrible; use Leech Seed > Rest, Sleep Powder > Earthquake, and use Leftovers. A cool option is to put SR on Swampert, although it's probably best off with the offensive set.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Starmie needs Recover, or else it'll be taken out too early to efficiently handle Mixape and Gyarados. ChestoRest Tangrowth is horrible; use Leech Seed > Rest, Sleep Powder > Earthquake, and use Leftovers. A cool option is to put SR on Swampert, although it's probably best off with the offensive set.

well with max atk LO gyra being played IS starmie a viable counter for it anymore?? thats what i mainly would like to know =/

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    No, it's not. But if BulkyGyara (I've seen a few) is around, then you're going to need Recover.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    No, it's not. But if BulkyGyara (I've seen a few) is around, then you're going to need Recover.

sooo...what CAN be classified as a gyrados counter? If there is none now, i might have to put thunderpunch on my agiligross.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    sooo...what CAN be classified as a gyrados counter? If there is none now, i might have to put thunderpunch on my agiligross.

I explained how tangrowth can be up thar ^^ (with some changes to your current set.)

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years

I use Dusky as a Gyara counter. With Max HP/Def he can take two or three hits from Gyarados, as well as hitting it with WoW. Give him T-Punch on top of that and Gyarados feels very afraid. Even though Bite is supereffective it doesn't do any more than a couple of points more damage than a STAB Waterfall.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
    Starmie should have Surf/T-Bolt/Rapid Spin/Recover and 252 Spd/160 HP/96 Def as EV Spread. Counters Gyara some bit better.

Garchomp is uber now so 252 HP/8 Spd/240 Atk/4 Def as EV Spread. You can now take a CBDuggy's EQ now. Choice Band as item.

Salamence wants 176 Spd EVs to outrun Lucario. Take 'em out of SpAtk.

Snorlax should be Careful 252 HP/40 Def/216 SpDef. I assume Thick Fat?

Leftovers over Chesto, Leech Seed over Rest, Sleep Powder over Earthquake and 4 Spd EVs for good measure.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    I explained how tangrowth can be up thar ^^ (with some changes to your current set.)

so i *have* to use a powder to counter gyara?? *sigh* i still hate it's accuracy =/

I use Dusky as a Gyara counter. With Max HP/Def he can take two or three hits from Gyarados, as well as hitting it with WoW. Give him T-Punch on top of that and Gyarados feels very afraid. Even though Bite is supereffective it doesn't do any more than a couple of points more damage than a STAB Waterfall.

How many bites can dusky exactly take?

Starmie should have Surf/T-Bolt/Rapid Spin/Recover and 252 Spd/160 HP/96 Def as EV Spread. Counters Gyara some bit better.

Garchomp is uber now so 252 HP/8 Spd/240 Atk/4 Def as EV Spread. You can now take a CBDuggy's EQ now. Choice Band as item.

Salamence wants 176 Spd EVs to outrun Lucario. Take 'em out of SpAtk.

Snorlax should be Careful 252 HP/40 Def/216 SpDef. I assume Thick Fat?

Leftovers over Chesto, Leech Seed over Rest, Sleep Powder over Earthquake and 4 Spd EVs for good measure.

Yea the thing with starmie is that it uses *bite* now.

I dont understand the 40 EV's in def. Snorlax needs all the sp. D he needs IMO for it to be a good special wall. and yea thick fat...

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Tangrowth gets Synthesis if you want to risk it. Metagross can have Life Orb or Choice Band. If you want, Dragonite can replace Mence as it has over superior wall breaking abilities but it can't hit Cress.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Tangrowth gets Synthesis if you want to risk it. Metagross can have Life Orb or Choice Band. If you want, Dragonite can replace Mence as it has over superior wall breaking abilities but it can't hit Cress.

what set would dragonite be and why would i want him over mence?

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Mostly because he can do everything Mence can do, minus killing Cress but plus beating the crap out of bulky waters and OHKOing Blissey. He lasts longer as well and can beat non HP Ice Skymins one on one.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    170 Attk/216 SAttk/124 Spd -- Naughty
    Superpower
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Thunderbolt

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Mostly because he can do everything Mence can do, minus killing Cress but plus beating the crap out of bulky waters and OHKOing Blissey. He lasts longer as well and can beat non HP Ice Skymins one on one.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    170 Attk/216 SAttk/124 Spd -- Naughty
    Superpower
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Thunderbolt

Hmm...ok so he's wall breaking...no DDance love? i <3 that move. well, the main question is why would dragonite benefit my team better then mixmence already does?

BTW whats a skymin =/

Last edited:
    Back