• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self-Switch Problems

Dban1

To Be The Best ROM Hacker
Years
  • Hmm, I've been working with some edits on the game in Pokemon Essentials and I've created some NPCs with self-switches set to on A. The first time I tried, they worked fine, where they executed Event 1 when I talked to them which triggered the self-switch to on A, hence leading them to execute Event 2 the next time I talked to them.

However, I am now trying to replay the entire section (mini side-storyline) without starting a new game. No matter what I try, I can't seem to get some NPCs to turn the Self-Switch A off.

Does having 2 NPCs in the same map with self-switch variables mess each other up?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • No?

You're trying to turn Self-Switch A off... can you post an screenshot of an event that has this problem? (both event pages please)

Dban1

Years
  • Here

Self-Switch Problems

Self-Switch Problems

Self-Switch Problems

https://imgur.com/dkzXaCl,jG6vIu0,5xQs6VU#2

Skystrike

Years
  • Ah, I see

I think you want to use a switch for this. You can't turn off an event's Self-Switch using another event.

...I lied, you can! There's a script command for that! :D

Code:
    pbSetSelfSwitch(1,"A",true)

Where 1 is the event number, "A" is the switch that you want to turn on/off, and true can either be true or false (true turns it on, false does the opposite)

Dban1

Years
  • Ah, I see

I think you want to use a switch for this. You can't turn off an event's Self-Switch using another event.

...I lied, you can! There's a script command for that! :D

Code:
    pbSetSelfSwitch(1,"A",true)

Where 1 is the event number, "A" is the switch that you want to turn on/off, and true can either be true or false (true turns it on, false does the opposite)

Hmm, does this mean that there's no way to just select and disable them in debug mode? So I have to create a whole new script to do so?

Skystrike

Years
  • Hmm, does this mean that there's no way to just select and disable them in debug mode? So I have to create a whole new script to do so?

The script code I just showed you already exists. Just put it into a script command and fill the parameters (the Script command is in the third page of event commands)

Dban1

Years
  • Hmm the problem seems to be perpetuating.. Sometimes events randomly seem to trigger their own self-switches on and it's kind of irritating. Do you guys know some possible reasons for this? I've checked the map and nothing else triggers the Self Switch of that particular event.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Hmm the problem seems to be perpetuating.. Sometimes events randomly seem to trigger their own self-switches on and it's kind of irritating. Do you guys know some possible reasons for this? I've checked the map and nothing else triggers the Self Switch of that particular event.
    As I remember correctly, only trainers doing this.

Back