• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Serperior VS [Samurott] VS Emboar

Which will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
  • Shouldn't be any surprise that I'm going with Samurott. Although I do like all three starters this gen, Oshawott's line was the one I liked the most and naturally my first choice of starter~

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Much like Syd, I didn't really like these starters, I don't really think they have the flare of the other generations'. Their desins are mediocre at best and I althought I've only used Emboar, I think I'll be ditching my starter in BW2. But if I had to choose a favourite, I'd choose Samurott since it looked so badass in the animated BW2 trailer.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Emboar. it's the only one I actually like, and I like it a lot. <3
    Dat Heat Crash is so boss, and it's movepool is so fun to play with. And it's the only non-water type that's ALSO A FIRE TYPE to be able to learn Scald. BOSS.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Emboar was the only one I actually liked using in-game, so I choose that. Serperior was just meh overall, and I couldn't even bear to keep Dewott in my team until it evolved. It also has my favourite design of the three, which isn't really saying much, since I'm not a massive fan of any of them.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I'll say design wise, it's Serperior, I was amazed by the beauty of it's evolution chain, they all look so "Graceful". It's the FIRST grass type in the entire Pokemon history that grabs my attention...it's the first grass starter I choose as well. I was kinda disappointed by Emboar's design and lack of speed, but even though, his stats are still powerful and helpful. But I'm Serperior all the way, just amazing...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Choosing Samurott, because:

1. it has the coolest design
    2. it is a swordsman
    3. it is an otter
    4. THE COOLEST STARTER AFTER INFERNAPE

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Even if I've never owned a Serperior I still voted for it just because of it's looks :P
    Now imagine if Serperior had a grass/dragon dual typing!

While that would make logical sense, I think I'd dislike it more. XD; It would be one ugly dragon imo, fits better as a snake. Plus Emboar couldn't beat it as easily then. :(

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I choose option D none of the above =p

This and Gen II are pretty close on the least favorite starters but I do like Gatr and Ty is already. Or I could go with option E anyone but Seperior since it is worst starter ever for me or close to it with Meganium. Emboar typing wah!!! Samurott lack of other type wah? For me switch the fighting and I would have loved Samurott. Fine with either of them winning, as long as its not Serperior. Wish instead of casting a vote for I could do it against.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Needs more Samurott! I really don't see what's so bad about these starters. Then again I'm a sucker for all Pokémon pretty much Really though! They're pretty amazinggg. But Samurott is definitely the better choice, so gogogo! ;)

Years
  • I vote for Serperior, because Snivy was the one I picked in the beginning of the game, and I like the look of it more then the other two starters.

Charvisioku

Psyduck Fanatic
    Years
  • In all honesty, I don't like any of them... not because they're new or anything like that. Just really not a fan of most of the Gen 5 pokemon; they strike me as bottom of the barrel ideas to be brutally honest. I guess Serperior's the one I'd choose if I had to, because it's reasonably cool-looking and was okay to battle with when I played through Black.

crimsonskarmory

Alchemist
    Years
  • My black version I had a pretty hard time choosing. But I Chose Tepig and it has became one of my favorite pokemon. So I have to go with Emboar all the way.

darkrai1018

Team Shiny Leader John
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2012
    To be honest, i dont prefer any new starter. emboar is cool but im usually a water starter.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • This was a tough choice, but I had to go with Samurott. It's a decent sweeper with a decent movepool, and has access to Swords Dance, which helps make up for its below-average attack stat. It may have low speed, but after a Swords Dance, it more than makes up for it in attack power. Also, Oshawott is going to be the starter I choose for White 2. So, Samurott it is!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Choosing the final evolutions or the family overall? Well either way I'm sticking with Serperior. It's got the best looking design of the three. ALl three evolutions are at least decent. Emboar's family look disgusting. And Samurott is cool, The Oshawott/Dewott family are the worst looking Pokemon I've ever seen. Personally I don't see how they could evolve into a cool Pokemon such as Samurott in the first place. Oh well.

Back