• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Server (web server) Upgrade - Possible downtime / bad links.

Rukario

Banned
Years
  • We will be upgrading the web-server program we use tonight (apache webserver) from it's current 1.3.37 version to an much more efficient version, 2.2.6 along with the security module associated with it.

While we expect no issues, there is a small chance some pages and/or links may break due to the default security rules set.

We need for you to be aware of this and if any are seen, pass them on to me (include FULL URL) by replying to this thread or thru PM.

thanks

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Well it's done (was done last night) and there was NO down time.

All we need to do now is watch for bugs and errors that could b caused by the security software update. (bad page loads, something not working, etc.)

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Assuming you don't have custom code running and the forum software is compatible with Apache 2.2.6 then you should have nothing to worry about.

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.4 Server at pokecommunity.com Port 80

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Assuming you don't have custom code running and the forum software is compatible with Apache 2.2.6 then you should have nothing to worry about.

it wasn't apache I was / am worried about. It's the version 2.x mod_security module that mainly concerns me.

this module uses a different configuration syntax then what we were running on apache 1.3.37 (mod_sec v1.x) and our NEW rule set isn't as well configured nor as specific yet, so were going with a fairly strong config hoping to eventually get our 'normal' rules in it soon. Thats where we need your help to report any weird issues you may see while surfing/posting on PC.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, while going around PC I have noticed lots of broken images, I don't know if that might have anything to do with it or not.

Back