• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Set Sail For Sevii [PG13]

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
  • "Hey you, get up!" yelled a loud, deep voice. I was shook rapidly which caused me to fall off the crate to the floor. "What the... What's going on," I asked.

"A stow-away. I guess we'll leave you on the Sevii Islands and have you figure your own way home," he said rudely to my face.

"Go for it. I'd much rather be there than where I live now," I explained to him.

"Ok wise guy, we'll let the captain deal with you," he said as he grabbed the scruff of my neck.

I was dragged threw the whole ship until we reached the captains cabin. "Sir, I found this stow-away in the storage room," the man said.

"Leave him to me," the captain replied. The man let go of me and walk out the door. The captain walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Okay son, why did you decide to run away from home," he asked.

I pushed his hand off of me. "It's not home. My parents are dead. I live in an orphanage with a bunch of little kids. I was bullied for the ten years and the head of the orphanage treats me like a butler," I explained. "So does that feel like home to you?"

"I understand son, I was an orphan once too. I was never adopted and I turned out alright," he explained. "You don't have to be so hostile." He started stroking his grey beard. He then turned around and picked up an egg. It was orange and yellow and was surrounded in a gold case. "Here, this is for you. I got it on a voyage in Hoenn," he explained as he handed me the egg. I slowly grabbed the case and admired it greatly. I held it in my arms as I looked him in the eyes and thanked him. "Now run along son, the boat will be docking soon," the captain explained. He opened the door and I walked out.

The boat docked a half hour later. I stepped off the boat and read a sign that read:

"Welcome to New Cinnabar"
    "I guess this is the Sevii Islands," I said aloud. I watched as the other people that where on the boat walk into a lab with a green roof. All these people must have been invited here, I thought to myself. I sat the egg down beside me as I turned to watch the wave's crash against the rocks on the shore line. The Pidgey and Taillow where flying around over the sea as I watched in great joy.

I'm free from that orphanage, I thought. I'm never going back and will be the best Pokemon trainer that there was.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • "Alright! We're finally here!" Kayla called out happily as she, literally, jumped off of the ramp and ran down the dock of New Cinnabar island, a Sentrent on her shoulder. The very happy girl couldn't help but to spread her arms out and spin around in a circle, glad of the freedom she had as her hair and the Sentrent's tail spun with her. She had to stop because she was getting too dizzy.

After recovering her balance, both Kayla and her Pokemon laughed quite loudly. "Aw man! I almost can't believe we are finally starting out Pokemon journey! Isn't this great Valerie?"

"Sent!" Valerie cried out very happily, just as excited as her trainer.

Kayla laughed again and ran down the dock to head to Prof. Celio. She accidently ran into a boy with a dark purple jacket and blue eyes but only gave a very quick 'Sorry', before she continued to run down the dock. She soon reached the Labatory and bust in.

"Hey Prof.! Can I get a Pokedex now?" The girl asked in a rushed voice.

The Pokemon Prof. blinked, not expecting this hyperactive girl. Still, he gestured to many Pokedexs behind him and said, "Pick whatever colour you'll like."

Kayla grinned and, after taking a quite look at the Pokedexs, she grabbed a very light brown Pokedex which seemed to match her Sentrent's fur. "I'll take this!" The girl said and with a quick 'Thanks!' rushed out of the Lab to start her very own Pokemon Journey.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
  • Aaron shoved aside the wooden lid that had saved him from getting discovered by the crew. He had spent a rather long time in the wooden box, and he didn't like remaining in that position for... how long? Aaron guessed around 5 hours he was on that boat, stuck in that position, trying to remain utterly silent and not move a muscle. Aaron peered around. Light spilled in from the tiny circular window and onto the floor beside him. He knew he would have to slip through it just as quickly as he did 5 hours ago. However, that was different. It was night then. It was day now.

He had almost been caught. Another stowaway had, and he heard the whole conversation between them. The other stowaway had been rather feisty, but the guard had apparently taken him up to the captain's quarters. It was a good thing that the guard hadn't bothered to check in the wooden crates and boxes. He had only skimmed the tops of the boxes. Aaron had concluded this, and made his way out of the wooden box, moving as quietly as he possibly could. He crept over to the tiny window, took a look around the hull of the ship, and undid the hatch so that the window could be opened.

Unfortunately, the window was rather small. Aaron stared at it, thinking about how he managed to squeeze through it. If I did it once before, I can do it again. Indeed, he had done it once before: by sucking in his stomach in to the point where it hurt. When you are 7 feet tall and built like a bulldozer, such as Aaron was, slipping through the window isn't exactly a piece of cake. I'd better get it over with. Aaron took another final glance at the hull of the ship, and peered out the window. There was a dock, but it was too far away for any people to notice a stowaway sneaking out the window. All the time I need... He reassured himself that he wouldn't be seen.

And thus began the difficult process of getting through the porthole. Aaron's arms were easy: he simply snuck them through the hole, and gripped the outside of the rim of the window. His head wasn't a problem either. His shoulders were an issue, but after almost violent contorting of the shoulders, he got them out. Now was the main event: his torso. He tested it slightly by pushing against the window and seeing how far it would go without sucking in. It moved an inch before giving in. Aaron sighed, and expelled all of his air. He sucked his stomach in as far as it would go, then gave a big push with his arms. His torso slipped through after a moment of harsh pushing. The rest of his body came out in an uncontrolled manner, and he flailed in the air before landing belly-first in the water and making a gigantic splash. He swam to shore, released his Larvitar in an attempt to blend in, and walked to the lab.

When he arrived at the lab, he was greeted by the Professor. The kindhearted man allowed him to pick any Pokedex he wanted. He turned to his Larvitar, then grabbed a green and black one without a word. Before he left, the Professor left him with a parting query: "Why are you... all wet?" To this, Aaron replied:

"Just messing around in the water." Aaron exited the building, Larvitar by his side.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • "Huh, looks like we're here, Rai!" Zero told his Staryu, which was relaxing in a pool of water on the boat. After a short "hyah!" from Orion, who then jumped back into its Pokeball, the young boy calmly walked onto the shore. He wasn't feeling very calm, in fact, he was nervous, excited, really all sorts of emotions. He had heard talk of a challenge to become the greatest Pokemon trainer in the world, and he didn't see why it shouldn't be him. He certainly was started in the right direction.

"Oh well" Zero sighed. Might as well get going now. He wanted to try training his Staryu, although he had been around Pokemon for a long time, he had never actually trained one before.

Unfortunately, there were no maps around, so he'd have to figure everything out for himself, but then again, he wanted it that way. The main thing that stood out was a large green-roofed building, so Zero thought he should start from there. He was about to open the door, but there was a crash as the door flew open, and a young girl sprinted past him. "Thanks!" she yelled to someone inside, pocketing some brown thing in her bag.

Puzzled, Zero stepped in the door. A middle aged man in a white lab coat, looking almost as puzzled as he was, shook his head before seeing the boy. "Oh, hello there. New trainer, I presume? Well, you've come to the right place. My name is Professor Celio, head researcher of the Sevii Islands. I'm the one that sent you your letter. And you are?"

"Names Zero, well, it'll probably be Chris on your clipboard" Zero replied.

"Ah yes, Chris and Staryu. I'll check you off the list. Right then, as a new trainer, it is your quest to travel the islands, obtaining a team of Pokemon as you do so. They're as much your friends as anything, these Pokemon, so treat them well, don't wear them out too much, etc. etc. I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Oh, and you get one of these." the Professor said, leisurely waving his arm behind him. On a shelf, there were more of the devices that Zero saw the young girl pocket as she ran by. Quickly finding the blue and black one, he picked it up off its cushion."

"Uh, thanks Professor, but what is it?"

"Ah yes. This device is called a Pokedex. When you see a Pokemon, if you point the Pokedex at it and click this button (he clicked a large button on the Pokedex) it will record data on that Pokemon. The Pokedex can tell you where you can catch Pokemon, what moves they can learn, all kinds of things on them. Also, if you click this button (he pressed another button), you can see information about the specific Pokemon you are looking at, like how fast it is, how much health it has, what moves it knows, etc. You'll pick up on it as you go on."

"Ah yes, I think I understand now." Zero stated, as he pointed the dex at his Staryu. He could see it was perfectly health, very happy, and that it could use the moves Tackle and Harden.

"Well, thanks for everything, Professor. I guess I'll be going now." Zero politely told the man, walking out of the building.

"All right, Rai, lets get some Pokemon."

"Hyah!" the Staryu agreed.

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • As they approached New Cinnabar, Ollie and his Aipom, Tails, were sat at the very front of the ferry, taking in the fresh sea air. He wasn't too confident about starting this journey with Tails because of the fact that he tried to train him before but it failed, however he was not going to give up now after making it this far. The ferry's horn went off and startled Tails, who turned and started growling.

"Hey, Tails stop it you're scaring the other passengers" After Ollie had said this Tails stopped growling and turned to look at Ollie. "Ok what do you want now?" Ollie asked.

"Pom-pom, Aipom" Tails replied.

"Oh so you want more food, fine but make sure you leave room for your dinner." Ollie oppened his bag and opened one of the packets of Pokemon food and fed the little chunks to Tails, who was delighted. "Is that good?" Ollie asked.

"Aipom"

Ollie's stomach started to rumble. "Heh, guess I'm hungry too". So Ollie sat down next to Tails and got a chocolate bar out of his bag and dug in.

They arrived at the port in New Cinnabar at 12:00pm and were expected to be at Celio's Lab in 10 minutes. As he left the boat he was given a Map of the Island, but he didn't need it to find Celio's Lab because it was right next to the port, he could see it from where he was standing. As he approached he noticed quite a few trainer entering and leaving the lab, he even saw a trainer with a Dratini. Wow, thats a tough starting Pokemon, Ollie thought to himself. The automatic doors opened as Ollie approached them. "Hello, Celio?" Ollie called as he entered.

"Ahh, you must be Ollie" Celio said as he emerged from one of his many cupboards. "And this is?"

"Oh yeah this is Tails, my Aipom. Sorry if you were gonna give me a starter, it's just Aipoms my favourite" Ollie replied.

"Don't worry, I had only prepared a few and they weren't the most obediant." Celio replied. "Here take these" Celio handed Ollie a white Pokedex and 5 Pokeballs.

"Thanks, but why's my Pokedex white, I thought they were all red?" Ollie asked.

"Oh, don't you like it, I thought it would suit your love for Normal types."Celio replied "Would you like to pick another colour?

"Nah it's fine, thanks again Celio. C'ya later!" And with that Ollie turned and left.

"Good luck!"

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
  • Was it the right decision?

That was the question Claire kept asking herself. Ever since she boarded the ship to New Cinnabar she has been wondering if she had made a mistake. Of course, this was her only opportunity to finally be what she has always wanted to be. Then... why did she have this feeling of doubt and guilt? Maybe it was because she left them without a word in the middle of the night. That was always a big possibility. Yet that cannot explain the doubt part of it all.

Frustrated, she sighed and leaned against the wall. She could feel the boat rocking back and forth on the waves as it moved onward to her destination. The crashing of the water against the bow soothed her ever so slightly. It was one of those sounds that put you into a calm mood - if you aren't sea sick that is. She ran a hand through her knotted caramel hair trying to untangle it. Her efforts were quite useless.

Instead of continuing on that way Claire grabbed a scrunchy from her pocket and put her mess of hair into a ponytail so she wouldn't have to deal with it. Claire had never gotten a chance to tidy herself up after running away from home. You would think it had been weeks since then by how ragged she appeared right now, when in reality it has only been at least a day or two.

Claire knew she ran away for all the right reasons. Sometimes she tried to convince herself otherwise but every time it turned out the same. She couldn't live there any longer.

Ding. Ding.

The bell located somewhere on the boat called out saying they were close to their heading. Half excited and half exhausted she got up from the floor and walked out onto the deck. The sharp wind stung her skin and she quickly put on her jacket. Outside it was sunny, hardly a cloud to be seen, and deep blue water that stretched for miles. The boat was heading straight for the only land in sight; New Cinnabar.

That is where she was asked to come. She had got a letter in the mail before she left home. It was from someone named Professor Celio, and introduced himself as Bill's friend. He asked her to come to his laboratory on New Cinnabar and Claire knew exactly what that meant. She knew it was the start to her new life as a Pokemon trainer. Her whole fifteen year life she wanted to work alongside Pokemon and battle other trainers, defeat Gym Leaders, and become the Champion. Never once did she feel that her dream was far-fetched. Every single one of the 'Greats' started out as an Amateur.

The boat docked safely and securely, so Claire was free to leave. She grabbed her tan messenger bag and flung it over her shoulder before tearing down the boarding ramp and onto the wooden dock.

As she walked, or practically jogged from excitement, down the dock she saw a building with white walls and a green roof overhead. It looked tidy and clean so she only guessed that it was Professor Celio's Laboratory.

Cautiously she walked up to the automatic sliding glass doors and stepped inside. It smelled like a hospital only... different. If that made any sense at all. However, she was the only one inside of the building.

"Hello?" Claire called out into space.

There was a rustle from somewhere to her left and suddenly a man appeared. He was wearing a white lab coat and holding a Pokeball and a strange object.

"Ah! Finally I thought you would never come," Said the man. "My name is Professor Celio, and you must be Claire."

He held out a hand to her, and she hesitated. It didn't take long for her to make up her mind though and shake his hand in greeting.

"Yes, I am Claire." She replied.

His once big smile only got wider and he excitedly shoved the Pokeball into her hands. She fumbled to keep hold of the smooth metal red and white ball. When she did get a grasp her finger pushed the button on the front and suddenly it grew!

Claire yelped with surprise and dropped it, jumping backwards. It happened so fast she hardly had time to react. The ball didn't touch the ground and instead there was a blinding flash of light and...

A Pokemon!

It stood there, staring up into her eyes with curiosity.

"Ah well, Claire I would like you to meet your new partner, Totodile!" Professor Celio said with enthusiasm.

The Pokemon, called a Totodile, had a blue body with red spikes downside it's back. Small white fangs were barely showing out of it's closed mouth and it had bright red eyes. A Yellow pattern was along its chest and it was actually quite a short Pokemon.

"Totodile is a water type Pokemon! Isn't that something?" Professor Celio explained. He handed the device he was holding over to her, more carefully than he did the Pokeball.

"What is it?" Claire asked, taking the red thing from him and sneaking another glance at the strange Pokemon,

"That is a Pokedex. I need you to record the different types of Pokemon you see and capture along your journey and when you are done bring it back here so I can have a look. Now, move along I hardly have the time! Besides, Totodile is getting restless here."

Professor Celio practically shoved both the Trainer and the Pokemon out the automatic doors.

"Good bye now!" he called one last time to them before heading inside.

Claire just stood there, looking dumbstruck and confused. She turned to the Totodile and it was looking back at her.

"Umm...well, I suppose you need a name?" she asked it.

The Totodile didn't move. He just sat there staring at her.

"Okay then. How about Typhoon? Do you like that?" Claire asked, trying again to get a reaction from her new Pokemon.

It looked away as if considering something before it stepped forward and leaned against her leg.

"Alright then, Typhoon it is!" Claire declared, taking the Pokemon's action as a 'yes'.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • And so, he was off. Zero and Orion, beginning their quest to become Pokemon greats. Zero thought he had a bit of an advantage over some of the other new trainers, because he did watch a lot of Misty's battles in the Cerulean Gym, so he really already knew how to battle, especially with Water Pokemon. But, he also knew that he needed to get different kinds of Pokemon, because Misty's one true weakness was the lack of coverage. Whenever someone would waltz in with an Electabuzz or Weepinbell, there was nothing she could do to win. So, although he liked Water Pokemon the best, Zero decided that he would need a lot of different kinds.

Suddenly, he heard a noise coming from behind a tree. He quickly but quietly hurried to the source of the noise. He soon found the source, a small bird was being attacked by a mean looking dog. and from the looks of it, the dog was winning. Zero didn't like the dog beating up on the little bird, so he pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it at the dog.

"Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon" the machine stated, "A Pokemon with a persistent nature, it chases its prey until the prey becomes exhausted."

"Starly, the Starling Pokemon. Usually with a large flock, it is barely noticeable when alone. Its cries are very strident." the Pokedex said, after Zero pointed it at the bird.

"Huh, guess this Poochyena must have chased you away from your flock. I'll save you!" Zero shouted. "Go, Orion, use Tackle!"

On command, the starfish flung itself into the dog. the dog yelped, then shook his head and launched himself back.

"Orion, use Harden!" Zero said. The Staryu's body stiffened up, and when the Poochyena made contact, there was a loud clang, almost like the starfish was made out of metal. Dazed, the Poochyena ran off.

"All right, Rai! We did it!" Zero congratulated his Pokemon. Staryu agreed with a quick "hyah!"

"But what to do about this Starly? It looks lost. I don't think it can find its flock anymore." Zero thought. "Maybe I should catch it!" he determined. He felt sort of bad for catching a Pokemon that was already weakened from another battle, but he quickly justified it by reasoning that he could go back to Professor Celio with the Pokemon, surely he would be able to heal it. "Ready for round two?" he asked both the Starly and his own Staryu.

Zero was caught off guard when the starling screeched at him. It struck a battle pose as if to say "bring it on."

"Orion, use tackle on it!" Zero shouted. On command, the starfish launched itself at the bird, just like it did to the Poochyena. The wild Starly shrieked at Orion and dove at him. Staryu did not see this coming, and took a heavy hit, but the bird was hurt too.

"That's all right, Rai, use Tackle again, but this time, use harden once you launch yourself!" Zero told his Staryu.

Sure enough, it worked. The starfish launched itself once again, causing the Starly to attack it again, but this time, Staryu went rigid right before contact. The Starly was sent flying straight into the tree behind it.

"Good job, Rai! Now, lets see if I can catch it!" Zero knew he could. He pulled a small red and white ball out of his bag, clicked the sole button on the front of it, which expanded it to fit nicely into his hand, and chucked it at the bird, saying "Pokeball, go!"

The ball made contact. The Starly was transformed into a small red light, and it entered into the ball, which promptly shut and locked. But the Starly hadn't given up yet. The ball started to shake, would it be caught?

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • I stood up from where I was sitting. I picked up my egg and turned around. But just as I had turned around, a girl the same height as myself crashed into me. I fell into the water while still holding the egg. The light brown haired girl gave me a quick sorry. Before she started running down the dock.

"Hey!" I called to the girl. But she had already entered the building with the green roof. I turned to the right to see the egg was gone. "Oh No," I exclaimed realizing the egg had sunk to the bottom of the water. I quickly dove down into the crystal blue water. I could see clearly while under the water but then noticed it was quiet deep. What am I going to do? I thought to myself. I was slowly running out of air but I had to get my egg back. I rose to the surface in order to get my air back. Only a water type Pokemon would be able to swim down and get my egg, I thought.

As I reached the surface, I climbed out of the water. I began to call for help when someone ran towards me.

Last edited:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • [[OOC: You are allowed as many as you want. As long as you don't leave the chapter boundaries.]]

After several minutes of searching the grass, a wild bird attacked Joshua and knocked him to the ground. Feeling slightly embarrassed Joshua hopped back to his feet with a red face. His pride dented he ordered his partner to attack the stray bird. As the dragon wrapped it's body around the wild pokemon, Josh whipped out his pokedex and checked the pokemons species. It was a Pidgey. The Pidgey began to flail wildly, unable to move as the Dratini was constricting it's bloodflow. Joshua began to fear for the Pidgey and ordered his Dratini to stop. The dragon obeyed, and the Pidgey fell to the ground exhausted.

Joshua felt guilty. He had caused a pokemon harm. He knew this was a rookie mistake, but there was a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach, this was beyond him. He hoped that he would be able to overcome this feeling in the near future, however for the moment he would do his best. He unclipped a pokeball from his belt. He pushed the central button on the red-white sphere. As he did so the ball expanded. He launched it at the bird and it connected with it's stomach. The wild Pidgey was turned into a beam of red light and was absorbed into the ball which hit the floor. It began to rock vigorously and flashing red.

Alinie

Band Geek
    Years
  • Shelby, after a bit of aimless wandering, came apon a green-roofed building. "Ah!" She exclaimed. "This is it, Harlem! That letter said something about a green-roofed building!" Harlem barked excitedly, wagging his tail.

Shelby walked into the building, gaping at all the electronic equiptment and books that lined the walls and shelves. She was brought back to reality by a small, discreet, "Hmmph." from the professor.

"Oh, Hiya!" She exclaimed, running up and shaking the man's hand vigorously. Harlem turned happy circles at their feet, barking and panting. "You must be Professor Celio, right? Sorry I'm late. I lost that little packet thingy you sent us."

Celio blinked, hard, a couple times before smiling gently. "Ah, yes, you must be Shelby Worthington."

"The one and only," Shelby smiled, glancing around.

"Looking for something?" The man asked.

"Oh, yeah. I was wondering...like, since you're a professor, are you gonna give me a pokedex and stuff? Not to be rude or anything, but Harlem wants to get exploring. I don't usually keep him waiting or he chews stuff- Harlem! Don't eat that!"

Harlem paused mid-bite and looked down sheepishly, dropping the book on the ground.

Celio chuckled and handed Shelby a grey and black pokedex.

"Awesome!" She exclaimed. "It looks like Harlem!" She held it to the Poochyena for comparison.

"Exactly why I picked it for you," The professor replied, and handed her five pokeballs. "Here's for your explorations."

Shelby shook his hand vigorously again, smiling widely. "Thanks, Professor!" She pocketed the capsules and dex, then took off out the doors, Harlem behind her.

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
  • Claire patted her Typhoon on the head, careful to avoid the red spikes, and began walking towards a trail. However, it only took about a few seconds for her to realize the Pokemon was not following her. She turned to see him still standing in the same position (except he had nothing to lean against) and looking at her with his bright red eyes.

"Well, come on then." She said and motioned her hand in her direction.

Typhoon didn't move a foot. He still stood there waiting, wanting something. Claire tried not to feel too disappointed that the Pokemon didn't follow her command. She knew before she came that if she got a Pokemon, which she did, they would have to work together as one. No one fell beneath the other. She trailed backwards and knelt down to Typhoon.

"What is it?" she asked, cocking her head to the side to show him that she was confused.

Typhoon's eyes darted towards the dock where a boy was frantically yelling and pointing at the water. He was no one she had ever seen before, but anyone could tell the boy was distressed. Claire turned back to Typhoon with understanding.

"You want to help the boy?"

Typhoon shook his head up and down wildly, happy that his message had been conveyed properly.

"Alright then, let's go see what is wrong."

When she walked the Pokemon followed this time, or more of lead her there. He certainly had a mind of his own, but Claire liked that.

It didn't take long for the two to reach the dock where the boy was, and it was short until they realized his egg had fallen into the ocean water. There it sat at the bottom of the sandy floor.

"Hey calm down, I'll help, don't worry." Claire said to the boy, handed him her Pokedex, and leaped off the dock into the freezing salt water.

The rush of adrenaline when she hit almost knocked the breath out of her. The cold ocean felt like ice on her skin and it soaked her clothing all the way through. She resurface and tried to get some air into her lungs. She was happy to see that Typhoon had just jumped in after her.

Claire grabbed onto on of his red spikes with one hand and with her other motioned at the egg in the water and took a deep breath to hold onto to. Typhoon instantly went into action and dove down with her hanging onto his back. She helped propel them downwards with her legs while the Totodile expertly maneuvered the water currents.

With the egg in reach Claire grabbed it up under her arm and they shot upwards. Claire's lungs started to burn with the need for more air, and it seemed to take forever for them to reach the top. She thought she was going to lose it when...

Air! Typhoon and safely gotten both her, the egg, and himself to the surface of the water safely - but soaked to the bone. Claire hungrily grasped for breath and when she had gathered herself together she swam towards the dock where the boy was. All she was thinking was 'He better keep better care of this egg'.

Claire picked up Typhoon in her open arm and put him back up on the wooden dock. She watched as he walked to the middle, shook the water droplets from his skin, and plop down happily.

She put the egg up and looked at the boy, "Here it is, safe a sound." She said to him and waited for assistance to get out of the cold water.

(OOC: Sorry if that post sucked, little inspiration at the moment.)

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • She saved my egg, I thought. She extended her wet arm from the water. I pulled her up from the water. She rolled onto the dock, gahsping for air. I picked up the egg that was sitting on the side of the dock. "Thank goodness it's alright," I said. But suddenly, the egg began to change shape. The egg went from an oval shape, and morphed into a tiny chick. I then realized my egg had hatched into a Torchic.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Kayla was soon on the first route just outside of the town. She had stopped running awhile ago and was now looking back and forth along the path. The girl really wanted to catch a Pokemon. She didn't even care what kind of Pokemon it would be. But she figured it would be good to have a Pokemon that could become a friend with right away.

"Of course...I don't even know what kind of Pokemon are on this route, Val," Kayla said to the Sentrent on her shoulder. "Do you think I should go for, like, a flying type? Or maybe a water type? You know, a water type could be really helpful for traveling around. Though a flying type would be even better. You know maybe..."

Just then, a Poocheyna hopped onto the field, sniffing at the ground. The girl's eyes grew wide as she laid eyes on the black dog and quickly took out her Pokedex to scan the puppy. She read the information and, with a nod, put the machine away.

"Alright Val, I think we'll make this little guy our first comrade," Kayla said and with a happy cry the Sentrent jumped off of her trainer's shoulder and landed softly on the ground.

The Poochyena noticed this and he quickly turned to face the Sentrent, letting out a low growl as he bared his teeth. Valerie just grinned back, not caring in the least.

"Alright Val, lets just start off with a Scratch!" Kayla ordered.

Val grinned more and then rushed at the Poochyena, scraching at him with her small claws. The dog yelp and jumped back before rushing forwarding in a Tackle, causing Val to be knocked back.

"Another Scratch Val!" Kayla yelled.

Val grunted before once again rushing forward and giving a small slash to the dog. However, this time, when he rushed forward, Kayla called out "Defense Curl!" and the raccoon curled into a tight ball, making it so that the attack did minimal damage.

"Scratch as much as you can!" Kayla quickly said.

Valerie did so, uncurling and scratching at the puppy as much as she could. The Poochyena was knocked back multiple times before a particular powerful scratch knocked him right the ground. Kayla then quickly threw a Pokeball at him.

The ball sailed through the air and hit the dog. It then went back into the air and the dog disappeared into the ball in a red light. The ball fell to the ground and twitched once...twice...a third time...

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • I had now headed to the building with the green roof. I stepped inside and noticed a man wearing a lab coat typeing things up on his computer. "Uh... Hello," I said to him.

He turned around. He ajusted his glasses, then stood up to face me. "I thought I had met all the trainers that were starting their journeys," he said to me.

"You did sir. But, I came here without an inivte. I stowed away on a boat to escape an orphanage I lived at in Saffron City," I explained to him. "And now I'm here to ask if you'd let me start my journey here."

"Call me Professior Celio. But I'm sorry to say this but I can't let you go on this journey without an invite," he explained.

"Please professior, I cannot go back there. I hate it there," I said to him, pleading for him to let me stay.

"I can't let you, I'm sorry," he said. Torchic jumped out of my arms and walked towards Professior Celio. Torchic began churping angerly at him. "Torchic, Torchic, Tor-Tor-chic," Torchic exclaimed angerly.

"Stop Torchic, it's pointless. He won't let us go on a journey," I explained to Torchic. Torchic stopped yelling at Celio and walked back to me. Torchic jumped into my arms as I walked away. I stepped outside of the lab and started to sob. Torchic noticed this and began to snuggle up to me. "It... it isn't fair. It's not my fault that I'm not invited to start a journey in Sevii. I live in an orphanage. No one cares about you there," I said to myself. I began walking to the dock and boarded the boat again. But just as I was boarding the boat, the captain walked off the boat and noticed me.

"Hello son, how's the life of a Pokemon Trainer?" he asked me.

"I can't be a Pokemon Trainer. Since I wasn't invited," I explained. The captain looked at me with his wise looking eyes. He placed his hands on my shoulders and began to speak. "Why are you crying about it son?" he asked.

"I just can't go back there," I explained.

"But why, I was an orphan and it was like having lots of siblings, what made it different for you?" he questioned me.

"Okay, I'll explain," I said.

FLASH BACK
    I was two years old when I found out my parents where killed.

"Kyle?" Professior Birch asked walking into my home in Littleroot Town.

"Yes, Professoir," I said with a little kids acsent.

"Kyle, I have some bad news," he said. I walked up to him as he crouched down so we where face to face. "Your mom and dad died while protecting the lab," he explained. I started to cry and ran away. "No, you're lying," I replied.

"I wish I was Kyle," he said.

Professior Birch sent me to an orphanage in Saffron City. I was alone and friendless. But I was determind to make it threw all of this and get adopted.

But that didn't go threw well. I was always bullied by the other kids because I was new.

"Hey loser!" a boy called to me.

I was six years old here.

"Leave me alone," I said to him. He crossed his arms and started to laugh. "What are you gonna do about it?" he asked. Suddenly, his three friends walked up to me and surrounded me. I was looking at a picture of my mom and dad when they surrounded me. They took the picture and threated to rip it. "No please don't rip it," I told them.

"Give us your dinner and we won't rip you picture of your parents," he said black mailing me.

"Okay, just don't rip it," I told them.

There would be times that I wouldn't eat for days at a time. The orphanage was horrible and going back there is not an option.
    END OF FLASH BACK
    "I had no idea your life was so conplicated," the captain said. I didn't reply. I just took the picture of my parents out of my pocket and looked at it. I missed my parents so much and wanted to see them again. But that was impossible. I placed the photo back in my pocket and looked up at the captain again.

"Now do you understand why I can't go back?" I asked him.

"I sure do Kyle, I sure do," he replied.​

orangejediman

Snivy's the badass of Gen V!
    Years
  • As Dash walked through the city, he began to look at all the shiny things on the road. "Look at stuff," he said crouching down near a dock with a huge boat, talking to his Growlithe, "shiny, like SeaDragon [Seadra] scale. Pretty."

However, as he looked at the huge boat in the port, he did not see the crowd of people rushing up behind him. Jostled and pushed, he grabbed the Growlithe and was pushed into the boat - no one seemed to take notice. He then soon noticed the boat was begginning to move. "Shiny boat moves? Thought only wood boat move..." He as frightened.

He began to explore, and was noticed by a redheaded young adult. "Who are you? You don't look like you belong here." he said as Growlithe crouched down and growled, "Um, what I mean is - Hi, I'm Bill. Are you a trainer as well? Where you from?"

"Uh. Ur. Um. Dash," he said nervously, obviously still shaken from all these new events, "from Silver Mountian Tribe. Do not know what trainer is. Hello. Uh."

"Bit nervous, are we? No worries! Silver Mountain Tribe, you say... Ah, you are from one of the Outsider Tribes, as we used to call 'em baack in Kanto. I think that term's a little harsh, though. Anyways, a trainer is someone who collects pokemon and fights battles in special areas known as 'Gyms' to collect badges and earn entry into a tournament, and hopefully to defeat the Elite Four, the top trainers in the world. It's a journey of frendship, fun, and self-discovery. Hm. When we land, I'll take you to my friend Proffessor Celio, she'll help you start if you want."

"More one Pokemon? Strange. But. Wish to have fun. Want to show strength. I do it."

"Alrighty then! When we get off we'll go!" And they did. Bill led the amazed Dash (still wondering at the automatic doors, lit up signs, and the like, it was still very foriegn to him) and entered a building with a green roof. Dash saw Kyle (he didn't know his name, but for the purpose of explination...) and Prof. Celio.

"Celio! Celio! It's Bill!"

"Ah, Bill, nice to see you. And who is this?"

"That's Dash. He is from one of the Tribes I told you about. He wans to be a trainer."

"Well hello there Dash. Lets see, you'll need this, and these. This is a pokedex, used to identify information about a pokemon, and these are pokeballs,used to capture pokemon and store them for ease of travel."

Dash looked at the orange device, and took it, but he refused the pokeballs. "Pokemon free. " he said, "Stay free. ONly need one, but if get more, stay free."

Celio gave Bill an odd look. "Alright, I guess." Celio put the pokeballs away. "And this is a trainer ard, it will identify you, and your pokemon, and badges."

"Thank." Dash said.

Alinie

Band Geek
    Years
  • Shelby walked aroun the small town, oohing and aahing at all the pokemon species she saw. "This place is much cooler than Pallet, right Harlem?"

Harlem barked happily in response, wagging his tail. The Poochyena had been Shelby's only pokemon for a pretty long time, a gift from her father who was travelling in Hoenn. Even though he had Shelby, he had been getting pretty lonely without another pokemon to play with.

"Hey, Harley," Shelby smiled. "You want me to go catch you a friend?"

Harlem nodded his head, panting.

"All right then! Let's get going!" Shelby yelled and raced away towards the nearest route, Harlem keeping up behind her.

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
  • "You have got to be kidding me." Claire spat angrily as the boy didn't even give a mention of thanks.

Instead he was 'thankful it was alright' and then it evolved into a Torchic. How could he be so careless and oblivious? Then he went and ran off in the direction of Professor Celio's place. Incredible. She vowed it was the last time she was going to help the likes of him. She got up off the deck and immediately felt the weight of her wet clothing dragging downward.

"C'mon Typhoon, let's get on our way. First though, let me change." She said to her Totodile.

Typhoon got to his own feet and, shaking more water off of himself, followed behind his Trainer. With every step Claire heard a sloshing sound in her shoes. Her hair was like a wet whip and when the wind picked up it slammed into her face. This day turned out so well until now! She stomped off the dock and headed into the bathroom to change. She was glad she had brought along an extra pair of clothing in her bag.

She was also glad that she left her bag and Pokedex on the dock so they didn't get wet. Or else she would have nothing dry to change in to, and the device she had just gotten would've been fried.

After Claire had put on dry clothing, her and Typhoon set out on the trail they would've before the egg accident. Finally they were on their way to becoming Champions. Of course, Claire knew that would take a long time and it was a lot of work. However, right now with Typhoon at her side she felt like she could do anything. That is, almost anything.

Her defiant Totodile had chosen which direction they should travel without consulting her first. She didn't really mind though, for she was completely exhausted. The trail they found themselves on was a tad rocky with tree branches scattered around here and there. The intact trees around the trail soared high into the blue sky and dared to block out the warm sunlight. It wasn't a bad trail, just sort of spooky. Claire tried not to shiver as they went deeper into the darkness.

However, her Totodile didn't have that problem. As if without a care in the world he strode down the trail like he owned it. Claire was amazed that the fates had brought these two, of all the two's in the world, together to be partners. Yet even though they had known each other for only about a half hour they seemed to have developed a small bond. It was like an unspoken truce between the two that they protect each other no matter the case.

"Hoot!" something screeched from within the trees.

Claire hated to admit it, but she actually screamed. She had been so lost in thought that the sound of even a twig snapping would freak her out. Typhoon spun around looking for the source of the sound yet it could not be found.

"Hoot." It said again, in a softer tone that before.

This time Claire and Typhoon had been ready, and they had located which tree the sound was coming from. Up high on a branch was an owl looking creature. It was round, brown, and appeared to be standing on only one foot. The bird creature had big red eyes with a black circle around them, and black marks almost like eyelashes. It had a black colored crest which resembled the hands of a clock. It was a very strange thing to see. It could only be the species "Hoothoot."

Typhoon hunched down, as if ready to spring. This amused Claire because the owl was so far up in the tree that her Totodile would have to leap far to even be able to reach it.

"In for a fight?" she asked Typhoon.

He immediately responded with crouching lower. Alright, now she had to find out what moves he knew. To be honest, she had no clue.

(OOC: Do we Battle like in the Anime, Games, or a mixture of both? Or something else entirely?)

pulpitar1

Why is Umbreon so cool?
    Years
  • After leaving the lab he headed towards the pokemon centre. On the way there he passed he noticed another boy pulling up another trainer who was holding an egg, the egg was a reddish gold colour. he turned to walk away as he noticed they were both safe and didn't need to be interupted. However he turned back to them as he heard them both gasp and he noticed that the egg was gone, but where the egg was just a moment ago there was a small chick, the egg had hatched into a Torchic. Ollie wanted to record its data onto his pokedex but he thought it would be rude. Then he remembered he hadn't recorded Tails' data into the pokedex yet.

Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. Aipom is able to climb and hang from branches using its powerful tail. Aipom live atop tall trees.

Ollie also noticed that the pokedex displayed Tails' moveset, stats and health/status conditions. His Aipoms moves were; Scratch, Tail Whip and Sand-Attack. His stats looked about average too, so this was a good sign. "Sweet, Tails I'm glad I became friends with you when we were little, and that you agreed to come on this hourney with me." Ollie said to Tails."I know when I trained you before we failed, no sorry, I failed. But this time I wont, and I will become the greatest trainer ever!..." Ollie stopped shouting when he realised everybody was starring at him. He swung round glued his eyes to the floor, his face was burning with embarassment, and walked off in the direction of the pokemon center. "Come on Tails, keep up!" Ollie whispered loudly.

"Aipom" Tails replied. The pair reached the pokemon centre in no time, they were walking quickly though. The automatic doors opened when they approached, they headed towards the desk that was in the center of the room. They stood there for about a minute, waiting, then Ollie noticed a bell on the counter next to him, he rang it. "Hello, can I help you?" A rather pretty looking nurse said as she rounded the corner of the desk. Ollie just stood there stuned at how pretty she was. "Um, sir are you alright you look a bit dazed. This is a hospital for pokemon, not people."

"Uh, yeah sorry" Ollie said going red. "I'm a new trainer and I wanted to see if I could if you could help me. I'm a bit lost you see, and I don't know where to go next?"

"Well if you're new then you should head towards Route 1 that is where most trainers are headed anyway. It's the quickest way to the next town and you can find wild pokemon there."

"Ok, thanks...?"

"Oh the names Joy, Nurse Joy" The nurse said.

"Ah, I see. Thanks Nurse Joy" smiled Ollie. So Ollie left and he headed towars the closest exit for Route 1. As he approached the edge of town he saw the girl from before who was being helped out of the water. She was being lead by a Totadile and she looked exhausted. Must of been a tough swim, Thought Ollie. He continued up to the trees and he noticed bunch of Hoothoot perched up atop a tree. "Hey Tails, what do you think about us trying to catch one of those Hoothoot?" Aipome replied with a simple nod then started to climb the tree. It looked effortless, Ollie admired the way Tails was climbing the tree and almost forgot to order attack commands.

"Alright, Tails knock o the closest one down with your scratch attack!" Ollie shouted. Aipom lunged at the closest Hoothoot and knocked it off balance, it landed with a thud and it looked riled up. Tails followed it to the floor. "Ok Tails now use Tail Whip!" Tails raised it's tail and the Hoothoot flinched getting ready to be hit with it, but it was shocked when all Tails did was rub it up and down with his tail. The Hoothoot just stood there shocked. "Great job Tails, now Scratch attack!" It was a direct hit, the Hoothoot was sent flying, but it came hurtling back at Aipom and smashed Tails in the head with a powerful Tackle attack. Aipome flew back into Ollie's arms, "Get back out there Tails and use Sand-Attack to make sure that move doesnt hit us again!" Tails uses his tail to send sand hurtling into the eyes of the wild Hoothoot. The Hoothoot stumbled back and started growling at Tails, Tails stopped in it's tracks and looked scared. "Snap out of it Tails and use Scratch!" But the Hoothoot was already flying towards Aipom. Aipom managed to get his scratch off but it wasn't nearly as strong as the tackle that came from the Hotthoot. Both pokemon were panting hard, but all of a sudden the Hoothoot close its eyes and bagan humming in monotone, Aipom fell to the floor, fast asleep. Darn, that was Hypnosis, I was worried about this. He had nothing else to do he had to throw a ball at this Hoothoot. Ollie went into his bag grabbed one of the five balls and hurled it at the Hoothoot. The ball hit the pokemon then opened an in a flash of red, it was in the ball. The ball fell to the ground, and began to shake. Come on,Ollie thought to himself, Will I catch it. It's now or never...

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • Now aside the captain, we entered the lab again. "Celio!" the captain called.

Professior Celio turned to face the captain. "Ah, Captain Hogen. What can I do for you?" Celio asked.

"This boy here, you met with him," he said, gesturing to me as I stood beside him.

"Yes I did. Why do you ask?" he replied.

Captain Hogen walked up to his ear and began to whisper. "He left an orphanage for a better life. It's a wonderful place on these islands and you should let him go on a journey," he told him quitely.

"I can't. It's against the rules," he replied.

Captain Hogen laughed and then faced him again. "Come on Celio, live a little. He really deserves this," he said to him.

"Oh alright," he said loudly.

I stepped forward with Torchic in my arms. "Really?" I said very uncertain if this was true. Celio walked over to a table that had small, red and white capsules and encyclopaedias. He pciked up five capsules and a teal colored encyclopaedia and walked back to us. "Here," he said handing me the items. "You'll need these on your journey. The capsules are for capturing Pokemon and this is a Pokedex."

"A Pokedex?" I said not knowing what a Pokedex is.

"A Pokedex is an item that stores info on other Pokemon," Celio explained.

"Wow, that's great," I replied.

"Now go on. Feel free to call if you need any help or would like to chat," he said. I nodded and turned back to Captain Hogen.

"Thank you," I said to hom.

"You're welcome sonny, but now I must retreat to my ship," he explained.

The two of us stepped outside and went our seperate ways. I headed to the grass in which Pokemon rested in. I started to look around and noticed some trainers I had already seen. The boy with a Dratini, the girl who tackled me into the water and the other girl who saved Torchic. I saw them checking info on Pokemon around the area. I thought I would do the same for Torchic.

Torchic, the Chick Pokemon. Torchic has a place inside its body where it keeps its flame. Give it a hug - it will be glowing with warmth. This Pokémon is covered all over by a fluffy coat of down.

Torchic's known moves where Scratch, Peck, Quick Attack and Fire Spin.

Suddenly, a Pokemon stepped out of the bushes. It was yellow and black, I took out my Pokedex to investigate.

Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon. Pichu charges itself with electricity more easily on days with thunderclouds or when the air is very dry. You can hear the crackling of static electricity coming off this Pokémon.

Torchic jumped out of my arms and faced the Pichu. Pichu's cheeks began to crackle with electricity and Torchic's internal partof his beck started to spark.

"Fire Spin," I told Torchic. Torchic let go of a spiral of flames that struck Pichu. Pichu took a strong hit but came back by attacking with a Thundershock. Torchic moved aside, dodging the attack. "Scratch, then peck," I commanded. Torchic did as I asked. It scratched Pichu then attack it with his beck.

Pichu fell backwards in defeat. I looked down at Torchic who was very proud of himself. But I didn't know how to catch a Pokemon. Torchic jumped back into my arms. But that caused one of the balls on my belt to fall off and roll towards Pichu. It made contact and Pichu was surrounded in a red light before being sucked into the ball. It continuosly shook and the middle button glowed red...

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    ((Is it too late to apply? If not, here's mine:

Name: Sakura Landry
    Starter: Male Totodile by the name of Uokichi
    Physical: Sakura is 5'4" with a light build. She has lightly tanned skin, and her long, brown hair is often pulled into a somewhat messy ponytail. Her usual attire consists of a green vest and skirt; a gray, sleeveless shirt under the vest; white, fingerless gloves; white socks; and green-and-white sneakers. Her bright, green eyes are lively and full of energy.
    Personality: Sakura's a very energetic person. She loves all Pokemon (even bugs!), a love instilled by her father, a relatively famous breeder, from an early age. She can get discouraged easily, but usually bounces back fairly quickly.
    History: Sakura was born in Olivine City all the way in the Johto region, but her family moved to the Sevii Islands when she was a young child because her brother, a young boy with fragile health, would benefit far more from the clean island air than the environment of a city. Because her mother did not want to leave her hometown, Sakura's parents had a bit of a messy split, and the children went with their father to start a fresh, new life in the Sevii Islands.

Sakura's father is a relatively famous breeder, and as such, he tried very hard to instill a love for Pokemon in both of his children. When Sakura was 13, she was given a special egg by her father as a gift. It hatched into her companion, an energetic Totodile, which she dubbed "Uokichi."

Now 16, Sakura's ready to start her journey, as her brother is of an age where he can help his father with breeding, and can take care of himself fairly well. The ambitious teenager hopes to face the Elite Four, and become the Regional Champion. From there, who knows what will happen next?))

Back