• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shakespeare in the Park || The Tempest

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    tumblr_nbpiaxTfAG1rpxkmvo1_500.png

Just last night, I went to see my very first play, not in a theater, but in a park! Initially I had mixed feelings towards the play. I had a few worries of whether the play would be boring, whether the acting would be lackluster and whether the director's influences might dampen the play itself. Plus, The Tempest was one of Shakespeare's works that I was not very familiar with, compared to his more renowned ones. However, my virgin experience was indeed one to remember. With great company of my fellow Literature classmates and teachers, the night (and the picnic <3) was very enjoyable. The Tempest took us by storm, with its mist-fying tragicomedy plot, and thunderous laughter and applause sounded from the audience. I was so sad when the play concluded, and I left the park with reluctance. I loved Ariel's character and costumes, and I have to give praise to the actors of Trinculo and Caliban.

Who knows? I might actually start buying tickets for other plays in the future.~​

Years
    Being a bit of a theater-aficionado myself, I'd suggest you'd certainly do! :D It's great to hear people getting to like the theatre, and while it's true you could just read the plays, I feel it's just that more fun when you actually get to watch them.

So, keep on visiting them! :D (and keep on writing 'bout them!) :3

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I couldn't agree more! Watching the play seems to beat reading it, especially since they were meant to be spoken word. Plus it brings out characters and gives them life from paper.

Years
    Shakespeare plays are meant to be watched not read like you say, I don't know why schools are so obsessed with making kids read Shakespeare play Scripts like books, its probably by most people think they hate Shakespeare, but are pleasantly surprised when they watch a play lol.

Back