• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

shaymin or regigigas

Whos stronger, shaymin or regigigas

• Regigigas

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Shaymin

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Regigigas' Slow Start hurts it too much due to the time it takes to wear it off. And Shaymin's movepool is very limited. But I voted for Shaymin.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Regigigas is much too ugly to be a pokemon, but thats not the point.
    shaymin is just a flower pot pokemon, and its limited movepool is bad.
    regigigas has slow start, which makes it much less used, but it has nice stats, and a great movepool.
    i voted for regigigas for battling uses only.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Regi sucks because of slow start and Shaymin is a cutie and beauty runs the world! random

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If regi can stall past his slow start, then he is better. But he has a hard time doing that in OU, so the just as sucky shaymin gets my vote.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I voted for Shaymin for its cuteness. I kinda like Regigigas' slow start because it's original/thoughtful, and it actually requires Regigigas users to implement some real strategy. But at the same time, I freakin hate Regigigas because of its ridiculous catch rate. Took me 40 different balls before I caught it. (On the second try, since on the first try he killed himself from FREAKIN STRUGGLE).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Shaymin, by far. Slow Start just hurts Regigigas too much, and Shaymin may have a shallow move pool at the moment, but we also have Sky Forme coming that could help with that (and 80% chance of halving Special Defense with Seed Flare is just too attractive to ignore IMO).

Years
    there both not that good but shaymin is slightly better imo reggigas slow start totally ruins him and he just looks odd. shaymin looks like a hedgehog with a bush on its head its alright i suppose though

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Regigigas is just completely crippled by his ability and is completely unusable in competitive battling. While Shaymin is outclassed by Celebi, she's still REMOTELY usable with her Seed Flare, so she gets my vote.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Shaymin, by far. Slow Start just hurts Regigigas too much, and Shaymin may have a shallow move pool at the moment, but we also have Sky Forme coming that could help with that (and 80% chance of halving Special Defense with Seed Flare is just too attractive to ignore IMO).

Yes, but like it was said before, with slow start, it requires strategy.
    Regigigas is just one of those pokémon that you can only rely on with brute strength.
    Also don't forget that regigigas has a base defense of 110, so it will last a while against most pokémon.when its killed, you have permission to call it regicide.
    shaymin has seed flare, and thats about all its worth.
    Celebi and mew are stronger than shaymin, and have better movepools.
    In my opinion, shaymin is the weakest legendary, and they just killed legendaries when they put in 13 of them in the fourth season.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yes, but like it was said before, with slow start, it requires strategy.
    Regigigas is just one of those pokémon that you can only rely on with brute strength.
    Also don't forget that regigigas has a base defense of 110, so it will last a while against most pokémon.when its killed, you have permission to call it regicide.
    shaymin has seed flare, and thats about all its worth.
    Celebi and mew are stronger than shaymin, and have better movepools.
    In my opinion, shaymin is the weakest legendary, and they just killed legendaries when they put in 13 of them in the fourth season.

No, with Slow Start, it requires waiting for five turns while the opponent gets to set up enough that the high Attack won't matter. Besides, beefing up its defenses means sacrificing some of that Attack stat you're waiting for.

Mew is Uber right now and Celebi may be more useful in several situations, but that's only one superior compared to the several Legendaries superior to Regigigas.

Actually, I thought the consensus was that either Articuno or Entei were the weakest.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    No, with Slow Start, it requires waiting for five turns while the opponent gets to set up enough that the high Attack won't matter. Besides, beefing up its defenses means sacrificing some of that Attack stat you're waiting for.

Mew is Uber right now and Celebi may be more useful in several situations, but that's only one superior compared to the several Legendaries superior to Regigigas.

Actually, I thought the consensus was that either Articuno or Entei were the weakest.

I would think technically Phione is the weakest legendary. :P

Back