• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinto Ruins Discussion

Do you think Shinto Ruins will be located on top of Mt. Silver?

• Yes

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    It seems a new area is unlocked when you have Arceus on top of your team and go to the Ruins of Alph, so what do you think this area contains other than the area to get one of the three dragons? And were do you think it lies on the map (thanks for Todoroki Is for pointing this out), and maybe some pokemon are catchable in this area which were not catchable in johto before o.0, so what do you think can be out there?

Shinto Ruins Discussion
    Shinto Ruins Discussion
    Shinto Ruins Discussion
    Shinto Ruins Discussion

Some Facts:

Why the name of the Shinto Ruins has not been derived from Shintoism (Thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura):

Shintoism is written in Japanese as 神道 (しんとう, or "Shintou"). If the name truly IS derived from Shintoism, the name would not be written in Katakana (see "Usage" in this Wikipedia article) and would be written as しんとういせき. It's not. Also note that シントいせき (Shinto Iseki) lacks an う or ウ (u) character.

Last edited:

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Ya Why not might feature a moss or ice rock or a place like mount coronet were u can evolve nosepass and magneton. Damn September seems like a year away I m so inpatient xD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    It is not in the ruins at all. Arceus is taken to the ruins to unlock this area. It is best assumed to be at the mount silver peak and for me its most likely with all that snow and how its a bit chopped off in the map.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Thanks for pointing that out Todoroki Is, i thaught it was in the ruins since you take arceus there to unlock it and its got unowns as well, it doesnt eally make a big difference, i will edit the first post adding the question, where do you think it might be? , i ll meansion that you pointed that out, thanks alot :)

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    Sadly I'll only be able to do that if I find some way to hack T_T I've never been able to do any of those nintendo events T_T

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    i as just thinking that it might be somewhere of the johto or kanto areas, maybe you access it by boat or somethin, because the only place in kanto and johto with snow is mount silver and that already has a nough going on in it (battling red, the strong pokemon) so maybei its on a new island?

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Arceus being in your party to unlock this area, we can bet that there will be some legend or story behind this secret. However, I don't think I could even begin to guess what it is.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    There is for sure some story in history or somethin of that sort and it seems to be told either by the guy at the Ruin of Alph or by Cynthia before you chose with dragon you want, but the story is unkown at the moment, but i m sure it will be similar to the 12th movie story otherwise the event has no point of being through an event only pokemon movie 12 arceus.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    From what I've listened to (and tried to understand), either Dialga, Palkia or Giratina will be created at this area. At Level 1. So apparently Arceus is going to create a life when you bring it to the ruins.

After all, if Arceus creates life, it can create superawesome deities like Dialga and Palkia, right? Right?

*headdesk*
    Your Sarcasm rocks. Anyway I was thinking what about an origin form or a beginning form due to the whole birth thing but nah sillouetes would have been shown instead or such.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Dmartin if you did not know if you brought the movie 11 regigigas into platinum got the 3 regis and then got the platinum regigigas it would appear level 1 so its not that hard and its something they wanna do. A lot.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Ya the idea of training a level 1 legend does seem hard :P, and giratina will most probably come in other form, and you need to trade the platinum orb from pokemon platinum, or there might be a way to obtain it in the game, along with the other two orbs that go with dialga and giratina?

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    i think i got my regis over to platinum and i think i got a level 70 or 50 regigigas, or was it diamond? the important thing is this concept of level 1 legendaries is defenitely a new idea specially that it is included in an event, and i agree with u Hiroshi it seems we ll be seein alot more of these level 1 legendaries ...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    so what do you think this area contains other than the area to get one of the three dragons?

I think this area will have multiple other ruins other than just the room where the Arceus event takes place.

And were do you think it lies on the map

I think it lies very close to the Ruins of Alph.

and maybe some pokemon are catchable in this area which were not catchable in johto before o.0, so what do you think can be out there?

I don't think so...
    It might only have Unowns in the other ruins in the new area.
    There may be a few ice type pokemon here too, but it's more likely that this place will be small and empty.

Ya Why not might feature a moss or ice rock or a place like mount coronet were u can evolve nosepass and magneton. Damn September seems like a year away I m so inpatient xD

It is highly unlikely for the Moss Rock to be here.
    Even the Ice Rock isn't likely to be here, since there is a possibility that this place will be empty and small.
    I'm not sure about the Mt.Coronet-like magnetic field being here.

It is not in the ruins at all. Arceus is taken to the ruins to unlock this area. It is best assumed to be at the mount silver peak and for me its most likely with all that snow and how its a bit chopped off in the map.

Well, you can't be sure that it isn't somewhere close to the ruins.
    The ruins, if you see carefully on the map, is on a higher altitude.
    Then maybe, a little far from the ruins, there is a place with a very high altitude, that is a small mountain...

I wonder if you pick giratinia, would he be in land forme or orgin form.

Good question.
    I'm guessing it will actually be in its Origin Forme, which it logically is supposed to be in at the beginning, and that it will hold the Griseous Orb from the beginning.

This gets me to think that they might introduce new Origin Formes for Dialga and Palkia too, maybe!

-

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I think this area will have multiple other ruins other than just the room where the Arceus event takes place.
    Doubt it. I see this as just one ruin and thats it. Unless of course nah leave that thought Todoroki for later.
    I think it lies very close to the Ruins of Alph.
    Find me snow near the ruins.
    I don't think so...
    It might only have Unowns in the other ruins in the new area.
    There may be a few ice type pokemon here too, but it's more likely that this place will be small and empty.
    I believe its near a small expedition discovery camp on the summit of mount silver. Lead by the myth crazy Cynthia.
    It is highly unlikely for the Moss Rock to be here.
    Even the Ice Rock isn't likely to be here, since there is a possibility that this place will be empty and small.
    I'm not sure about the Mt.Coronet-like magnetic field being here.
    Well if mount silver then why not for a magnetic field?
    Well, you can't be sure that it isn't somewhere close to the ruins.
    Then maybe, a little far from the ruins, there is a place with a very high altitude, that is a small mountain...
    Only mountain that has snow is Mount silver very far away from the ruins.
    Good question.
    I'm guessing it will actually be in its Origin Forme, which it logically is supposed to be in at the beginning, and that it will hold the Griseous Orb from the beginning.
    That would be nice I have to admit.
    This gets me to think that they might introduce new Origin Formes for Dialga and Palkia too, maybe!
    You sure you didn't read my other posts?

I'm pretty sure that bringing in a regular Regirock/Registeel/Regice will still trigger the Lv. 1 Regigigas.

Platinum's me-first of introducing Level 1 Legendary Pokémon may turn out to be a concept we'll see more regularly, methinks. Funny we should see life be created this way.
    No its not funny. Rape is never funny. What do I mean? Its all clear now. Arceus waits for your Pokemon to like each other. He then morphs into the male impregnates the female and sprinkles Unown Magical powder for an overnight effect then leaves. He is a sneaky one that Arceus.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    When you get a chance, examine the snowy areas around Johto in the map released on the official website. You'll likely see only one possible location (so far).

Well, I did see them, and before any of you saw them.
    Maybe you skipped this line I posted earlier:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well, I did see them, and before any of you saw them.
    Maybe you skipped this line I posted earlier:

https://pokebeach.com/news/0609/heartgold-soulsilver-johto-map.jpg
    The ruins are somewhere in the middle. In no way does it seem like there will be snow anywhere. Especially Mount Motar. No way will snow be there.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    By hasn't anyone considered the fact that the Shinto ruins might be located somewhere outside the johto and kanto regions, maybe the guy from the ruins of alph gives u a ticket of some sort to go by ship to this area , but if it were in johto, it must be in mount silver since it's the only area were there is snow. If there is a patch with snow in kanto due to some changes in the kanto map then it will be another thing entirely...

Finnel

Years
    I honestly don't care about this new area. So far, all they've told us is that you need an Arceus for it, and it'll give you a level 1 dragon. It's not like I'll be able to unlock it anyway.

If this turns out to just be a small, unimportant part of a new area that you can explore normally, great! Otherwise it's just annoying.

I loathe in-game things that require specific event Pokémon to unlock.

Back