• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinto Ruins Discussion

Do you think Shinto Ruins will be located on top of Mt. Silver?

• Yes

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well if the people here want to prove further why its not related to shintoism, then let them continue. Further proof will be positive and will stop this idea of relating the name to religion, and its ok that one comment led to all this, this isnt an argument, these are just different oppinions and then we finally came to a conclusion which i posted in the 1st post and i hope it makes everything clear, and to continue with the topic i was wondering how the 2 ruins in the game are connected (not concerning there position but their inclusions, the Shinto Ruins and the Ruins of Alph, there has to be a connection if you had to bring Arceus to Ruins of Alph before going to Shinto Ruins, all i can spot is that both contain unown as they swarm Arceus when you chose your dragon. so anyone got anythin?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The connection between the Ruins of Alph and the Shinto Ruins is a good question. I would believe this is something such as comparing the Solaceon Ruins from Sinnoh to them as well. Like said, they both have the inclusion of Unowns, which have been noted to live in their own dimension such as Dialga, Palkia, Giratine, and Arceus themselves. So, with the relation to time and space, this could lead the strongest connection to the two ruins by itself. However, I'm sure the new ruins were added in just to give the players an extra journey to feat. I mean, activating the event by the Ruins of Alph can easily be similar to activating the three locations of the Regiis in RSE. It is basically a chained link that opens one door, but leads to the next. So, together the Ruins of Alph basically opens the door to the top of Mt. Silver, which shares the same connection to Arceus and the top of Mt. Coronet, and then it opens the Shinto Ruins for the players to enter. It is a good addition nevertheless and just gives more story to the entire line of it. Not to mention, including Cynthia and bringing birth to the dragon of your choice just adds to the originality of the beginning story with Arceus and the three legends back from DPPt.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I dont think a game can be used to synthesize on a religion because, first, that religious group will open a war with the producer of the game, second, i dont think any previous pokemon game had anything that related to religion, so why to do it now, besides, there are many names you can come up with that can be close to religious names u wat i think, i think that Shinto is like a combination name for Johto and Sinnoh like Hiroshi stated earlier because it makes perfect sense when you look at the similarities between the Shinto ruins which are situated in Johto, and the Sinnoh story background, we can also note the relations between mnt coronet and mnt Silver, so this name shouldnt cause any fan reaction concerning its relation to religion (because it ISNT), and i say it again, i edited the first post with the explanation given by Hiroshi Sotomura whay the name of the ruins is not related to Shitoism to avoid religion clashing here.

There was that giant, yet pointless, church in Hearthome city ;)

But anyway I swear on serebii it said that when you take Arceus to the Ruins of Alph you just get "taken" to the Shinto Ruins, so I'd doubt if there was anything other than that Temple there. Oh yeah and probably is high up Mt. Silver.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I think, that the ruins will be on top of Mt. Silver, reason being that, on the map, there isn't a drop of white anywhere else. There could well be an Ice Rock there, but it will probably house the magnetic field to evolve Nosepass and Magneton. However I'd like to know a bit more about the ruins of Alf and Shinto, and what is Shintoism?

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    You know I never realised and it was puzzling me till now that the league in the new pick looks like its part way up Mt. Silver unlike in the ld pick its to the side.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    We ll be seeing alot more on mount silver, not on the Shinto Ruins, i think many inner routes have been added, and it may look kinda like mount coronet from the inside, like u need many HMs like rock climb and strength ... to get the very top were u reach your target, it gonna be a hell of a journey in that mountain, and i most certainly think that it ll contain a magnetic field to evolve magneton and nosepass, but for the ice rock i m not sure...

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    By hasn't anyone considered the fact that the Shinto ruins might be located somewhere outside the johto and kanto regions, maybe the guy from the ruins of alph gives u a ticket of some sort to go by ship to this area , but if it were in johto, it must be in mount silver since it's the only area were there is snow. If there is a patch with snow in kanto due to some changes in the kanto map then it will be another thing entirely...
    probably or they just expanded the originals ruins or you take the train we will just have to wait

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    No the Ruins of Alph are different place, however they do apear to have something to do with it, because Gold can be seen with arceus near the Ruins.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    No the Ruins of Alph are different place, however they do apear to have something to do with it, because Gold can be seen with arceus near the Ruins.

You have to take Arceus to the Ruins of Alph to unlock the pathway to the Shinto Ruins (but the location of that is still at speculation :P)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I will have to say that its most likely atop mount silver, but as far as any other stuff up there i highly doubt it, personally i think that it will be like the hall of origin in diamond pearl and platinum

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Well it has to be in a snowy place, which High up on Mt Silver could easily be.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Mt. Silver seems like a possibility. I wonder, though, if they'd place them before or after Red's location? (assuming he returns). There's still other places they could go though. If the Sevii Islands are brought back, they could easily go near the Tanoby Ruins, or they could go near the Ruins of Alph.

Back