• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinto Ruins Discussion

Do you think Shinto Ruins will be located on top of Mt. Silver?

• Yes

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Doubt it. I see this as just one ruin and thats it.

I actually meant other rooms, similarly to how there were four rooms in the Ruins of Alph.

Find me snow near the ruins.

Nothing is impossible for a remake, you know...
    Besides, didn't you read what I said about the small new mountain?

Well if mount silver then why not for a magnetic field?

Because I believe that it isn't going to happen at Mount Silver, since that's too far away.

Only mountain that has snow is Mount silver very far away from the ruins.

Are you sure? Just because it is a mountain doesn't mean it'll have snow. It never had in the past.

Besides, like I said, there are supposed to be many new areas.

You sure you didn't read my other posts?

I just wanted to tell that as an individual.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Really there's nothing that states this area should be close to the ruins , besides the new johto map doesn't show the existance any mountain or even the smallest spot of snow next to the ruins and trust me snow isn't suddenly gonna appear in the middle of johto betwen towns that aren't in a snowy area.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Uh, yeah it does. xD Mt. Silver has indeed had snow for evar.

Who wants to know the translated name for the area? Surely they won't leave it as Shinto Ruins...

Last edited:

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    Really there's nothing that states this area should be close to the ruins , besides the new johto map doesn't show the wxistance any mountain or even the smallest spot of snow and trust me snow isn't suddenly gonna appear in the middle of johto betwen towns that aren't in a snowy area.

you make a very good point with that. I mean besides mt. silver, the only other place with even a chance of having snow would be the Ice Cave between mahogany town and blackthorn city. And if for some reason the temple happened to be there, it would probably be like how the Regigigas event worked in Platinum (u could enter the area, but u couldn't activate the event). I know this theory has some holes, but, hey, it's a possibility.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Currently its known as shinto ruins, i you know the translated US name, please do meansion it, and Hiroshi, i think a drastic change has been done to the johto map specially in that location , and anyway it is still not fully clear, i remembered an area with snow in johto which is the icy path, and in kanto which is the cave where articuno is found (cant remember the name), maybe they can also be possible locations?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Mount Silver always had snow. We just never saw. I think finally we will. It makes the most sense now then anywhere near the ruins.

Well, it had snow on its artwork, but not in games.
    But yeah, now it will have the well-deserved snow.

The ruins are somewhere in the middle. In no way does it seem like there will be snow anywhere. Especially Mount Motar. No way will snow be there.

You're right. I forgot that the new map has already been published.
    Therefore, the chance of it being near the ruins has all gone down, too bad...

If this turns out to just be a small, unimportant part of a new area that you can explore normally, great! Otherwise it's just annoying.

I loathe in-game things that require specific event Pokémon to unlock.

That's why hacking and cheat codes are there.
    Even if the place was only accessible with this Arceus event, cheating would get you there anyways.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I've brought this up in another thread, but at the foot of this snowy mountain, the Indigo Plateau seems to line up while the Mt. Silver foothill doesn't. Some rearrangement has been done, seriously.
    I think they have done this for the sole purpose of giving mount silver an important role through Arceus not Red and you find red in a cave somewhere in the bumpy area next to Mnt. Silver.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Hey why are you considering this to be a fully locked area, like blueblur155 meansioned, it might be one of those areas with events u can enter without the event being activated, like Regigigas temple, were u would only see a still figure of regigigas, so i high think this area will be accessable, but this room will be locked if you dont have arceus.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hey why are you considering this to be a fully locked area, like blueblur155 meansioned, it might be one of those areas with events u can enter without the event being activated, like Regigigas temple, were u would only see a still figure of regigigas, so i high think this area will be accessable, but this room will be locked if you dont have arceus.
    No I want that to happen. An excavation site of sorts where if you bring Arceus the missing link the area is unlocked. I presume this happens when the scientist at the ruins sees Arceus and gives em a call.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    ya why not but i dont think a bunch of scientists will be sitting on top of mount silver just waiting for some1 to arrive with arceus, i think u will need to make it follow u, then when u et in front of the door, it will get close and the door will open or something on those lines :P, anyway, i started seeing that mount coronet and silver are very similar, they both have snow, they both contain important parts of the game, so most likely more similarities will be revealed soon. I guess the magnetic field in coronet is also going to be present in mt silver and it will have multiple levels like mount coronet did, ya now that ll be awsome xD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Basically it is shown that you bring Arceus to the Ruins, to activate the event. The sighting of snow matching the snowed in area of Mt. Silver on the map kind of relates to the two. I personally believe that Mt. Silver itself will become more expanded after the event is activated within the game. It wouldn't be a hard task to complete and it would also give Johto the needed expansion afterwards. At the foot of Mt. Silver, it does give off the different match-ups from the originals. So, it would probably be best to assume that some rerouting and relocation has been accomplished within the game. This could also mean that Kanto itself [if included] would be altered in routes as well and probably be another expanded area from what it was like in the originals. Honestly though, it is another event for the game, exciting for the most, and it'll definitely give players a chance to train their favorite Sinnoh Dragon legendary.

The location to activate it, as stated seems very likely to be at the top of Mt. Silver, which makes sense as it connects to the idea that Arceus was first situated at the top of Mt. Coronet. Over all, pretty nicely done, and Arceus's large sprite fitting neatly in one tile assures me that the other 493 Pokémon's OW sprite will be perfectly fine within the game.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Kanto is going to be included from what i see, or the magnet train will be useless and the path to the right of the map will lead nowhere. I am sure many new features are also going to be included in kanto, and yes i definitely agree that mount coronet and silver are of atmost similarity, they event look similar externally if you look at the sinnoh map, so there has to be some more common features like the magnetic field ...

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Personally I always hated when Nintendo made places unaccessible unless you had a special event Pokemon/item. It makes it unfair to the large population of people who don't have these events. This looks like such a cool place, and its going to bother me that I can't get to it cause no way I'll ever have the movie Arceus.

On a side note, I don't think this is such a great move they did. Cynthia should stay in the game she belongs to, same with Giratina, Palkia and Dialga.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It is not in the ruins at all. Arceus is taken to the ruins to unlock this area. It is best assumed to be at the mount silver peak and for me its most likely with all that snow and how its a bit chopped off in the map.
    wrong, this is the shinto ruins

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    When it seems nintendo has been doin these events since platinum and they concern obtaining legendaries without having to obtain them from the original game, this was done with moltress, zapdos, articuno, and the regi trio in platinum , and now it has been done with groudon, kyogre, ryquaza, jirachi, and the three dragon deities of sinnoh, seems for some reason nintendo is moving away from depending on other games to obtain the legendaries, it might be that the new dsi isnt compatible with any previous device i guess since they're doing this, that would be just evil :P

Edit: powerruletheearth, Todoroki Is means they arent located within the Ruin of Alph and not that they arent the ruins themselves, its clear if you read the posts before it.

billi1000

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    till now the only possibility is mount Silver because:
    1. It is the only area with snow on the map and it is clear through screenshot that the Shinto Ruins have snow.
    2. The importance of mount Silver and its similarity to mount Coronet definitely makes it suitable for placing this event at the top of mount silver like the arceus u can catch in DPPt was on top of mnt Coronet.

Back