• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Card Question

timeshero2

EkdIkOs
Years
  • Hey guys,
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can a Shiny Magikarp evolve into either a Gyarados, or a Dark Gyarados?

Also, to evolve a into a dark pokemon, does the pre-evolution need to be from the Rocket set?

i.e. If I want to evolve a Charmander into a Dark Chameloen, does it need to be the Charmander with the Rocket symbol?

Thank you.

Years
  • For the Shining Magikarp, assuming that's the card's whole name, you can only evolve it into things that say they evolve from that specific type of Magikarp, which I think is just the Shining Gyarados from that same set.

As for the Dark Pokemon, it only has to meet the name requirements. So, for Dark Charmeleon, since it says it evolves from Charmander, that can be any Charmander, as long as it's name is just "Charmander", with nothing extra.

timeshero2

EkdIkOs
    Years
  • Thank you.

Magikarp's name is "Shining Magikarp", so I guess you're right about needing a Shining Gyarados.

Back