• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

RetroFanatic

Warlock
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I really can't understand why GameFreak dosen't do these events via Mystery Gifts. Everyone around the world with an internet connection can recieve it, and unless it's a country specific event, Mystery Gift is so much more convenient.

Agreed. I usually hate on anything that isn't a wi-fi giveaway because we don't get very much over here (I live in a backwater country known as Sweden) and I don't wanna rely on others to get these pokémon.

Any news of a swedish event ey?

I have both GAME and Gamestop sort of close to where I live. I just wonder that if we get it here, if I should mail Nintendo about it and try to get a written note that says I should get a free code (or codes) without the need of preordering anything.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I'm probably going to be the first one at my local store since I get up at 6am usually haha. Just gotta try not to spend any money while I'm in there >.<

I feel you. I'll prob be the first at mine and gotta try not to spend any money. I am already putting out near 400 dollars next month on 5 games I preordered.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Just picked up two at my local store last Friday. Looks like they had quite a few to hand out from the box that I saw. I'll see if I can grab a few more tomorrow when I go to pick up my 3DS and I'll hand out a few codes to those of you that don't think you'll be able to get a code in time. One of the managers is an old coworker from another job, so I'm positive I can grab a couple more no problem.

Years
  • I don't like that it's a code but it's probably the only chance I'll have to get a Diancie, honestly :/

There are very few GameStops around here...I have to travel nearly an hour to get a Pokemon. That's pretty silly. Might have to skip out on it entirely :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    can you get them in canada?

yes you can. in the most recent nintendo of Canada news letter for October, it said,
    "Get the Shiny Pokémon Gengar for Pokémon X or Pokémon Y.
    To receive a code to obtain Gengar in your game, visit your local participating EB Games locations across Canada. Available only from October 13th - 26th. Codes are available while supplies last."

The Diancie event starts right after, so I'm guessing we'll get similar information when the November newsletter is distributed. I read somewhere on reddit that EB Games Canada will participate in this distribution as well. Seeing as how the Gengar one is confirmed, it seems Diancie will be almost certain for Canadians as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    I don't like that it's a code but it's probably the only chance I'll have to get a Diancie, honestly :/

There are very few GameStops around here...I have to travel nearly an hour to get a Pokemon. That's pretty silly. Might have to skip out on it entirely :/

PM sent. Enjoy ;) Hopefully yours will have better characteristics than mine, haha.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I got mine at 10am this morning as soon as my gamestop opened xD I got a timid nature FTW

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I was actually planning on cloning mine and doing a giveaway in the quick trades section. Not sure how many people will be ticked off.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Not sure if this is the place to ask but; I have an NA 3DS (location set to Canada) and I live in Australia so I'm pretty much stuck with nothing with these kinds of events. If it's not a bother could someone procure an extra code for me? I don't feel great about asking because I might have to bother someone every time a code distribution happens though :x

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Gonna go get Gengar when I pay off the rest of my preorder. Not too really stoked for it, since I'm not as stoked for events as I was four years ago. Diancie on the other hand is something I look forward to.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • EB Games Canada Shiny Gengar & Diancie

Hey guys. A bit different from the US-based thread, so I made a new one.

For Canadians, have you had any issues with EB Games forcing preorders of ORAS to get the Shiny Gengar code? I went to two different EB Games and both refused to distribute without a preorder when the event is clearly marked "no purchase necessary" in the flyer. Has this happened to you? What was your experience like picking up your codes?

Also, Serebii doesn't list the Diancie as being at Canadian EB Games but I just spoke to a store manager in Ottawa at an EB Games who said they already received the Diancie codes and they begin distribution on October 27th-November 21st (ORAS launch). So we are getting this event! Now it's just a question of whether or not you'll have difficulties like me when you go to pick it up lol

What have your experiences been like thusfar?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015

For Canadians, have you had any issues with EB Games forcing preorders of ORAS to get the Shiny Gengar code? I went to two different EB Games and both refused to distribute without a preorder when the event is clearly marked "no purchase necessary" in the flyer. Has this happened to you? What was your experience like picking up your codes?

Also, Serebii doesn't list the Diancie as being at Canadian EB Games but I just spoke to a store manager in Ottawa at an EB Games who said they already received the Diancie codes and they begin distribution on October 27th-November 21st (ORAS launch). So we are getting this event! Now it's just a question of whether or not you'll have difficulties like me when you go to pick it up lol

Nope, I have had no issues with being forced into pre-ordering ORAS (although I preordered mine long ago). I picked up my gengar code at a different EB than the one I preordered ORAS at and had no issue and was asked no questions. FYI I'm in Toronto.

With regards to the Diancie code, many Canadians on REDDIT have shown pictures of the diancie distribution code that they got when picking up gengar. The code is not active until October 27. I personally didn't get the diancie code, but thats because the eb I went to will not hand it out until the 27th. Its really up to the stores discretion, but technically they should not be handing out the Diancie codes until October 27. As for the Diancie codes that have been handed out, they wont be active until the 27.

My advise is just call a bunch of other EB's in the area and confirm with them that they have the codes in stock and whether you have to pre-order. Obviously you don't but some of them are gonna play hardball and get you to pre-order. Obviously avoid those stores.

Also Mods, merge this thread with existing one. Theres no reason to have a seperate Canadian thread when theres a discussion amongst Canadians in the existing one. TY.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

Hope you don't mind, but I just merged your thread with the other one. No reason why we can't talk about it across different countries in the same thread. I don't think that we were exclusively talking about the US distribution anyway.

Also Mods, merge this thread with existing one. Theres no reason to have a seperate Canadian thread when theres a discussion amongst Canadians in the existing one. TY.
    Use the Report button, buddy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    Hope you don't mind, but I just merged your thread with the other one. No reason why we can't talk about it across different countries in the same thread. I don't think that we were exclusively talking about the US distribution anyway.

Use the Report button, buddy.

didnt even know there was a report button. noted.

Back