• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
  • Since I also started with Cyndaquil, I went for the Lapras in Union Cave since it'd learn Ice Beam, which would help against Clair's Dragons. I didn't know where to find Chinchou, though, and I was planning to go for it, lol. I was going to use Staryu, but I didn't know where to find Ice Beam, and I didn't know where there'd be a Water Stone in Johto.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Since I also started with Cyndaquil, I went for the Lapras in Union Cave since it'd learn Ice Beam, which would help against Clair's Dragons. I didn't know where to find Chinchou, though, and I was planning to go for it, lol. I was going to use Staryu, but I didn't know where to find Ice Beam, and I didn't know where there'd be a Water Stone in Johto.

Chinchou's in Olivine Pier, where the boat departs. Just fish for it with a good rod or a super rod. Almost all water types can learn ice beam.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    help

someone help me plz.... icant enter to route 9 there is a ghost in here n i cant fight it....any solution?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • someone help me plz.... icant enter to route 9 there is a ghost in here n i cant fight it....any solution?

Go to Saffron City to get to the Siph Co building. In there, talk to the guy blocking the stairs. He'll tell you that a girl in pink passed by. Go to the route leading to Viridian and you'll see her. Battle her, than return to Silph Co. Go up the stairs and you'll eventually find yourself on the highest level of the building where you'll battle an officer and Jess and Jemie. After than, the boss of Silph Co will give you the ghostbuster. With that, it will let you see ghosts, but it doesn't work, not yet anyway. Go to Etriteck(spelling?) City and find Morty in the Burnt Tower where you saw the legendary dogs. Battle him and he'll fix your ghostbuster. Now it works, so you could now battle ghosts.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2009
    Is Red Gyarados' nature always predetermined? Because I saved before "communicating" with it, and tried to catch it three different times and it was modest each time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Is the Ice Beam TM in the Ice part of Victory Road, like in the bottom left corner? If so, how do I get to it? If not, where exactly is it in Victory Road?

muh316

pokemon trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 8, 2012
    when i got to blackthorn city i went to the gym and a guy was standing there. he told me to check in the cave but when i went this old man says only dragon trainers are permitted please leave what do i do?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • when i got to blackthorn city i went to the gym and a guy was standing there. he told me to check in the cave but when i went this old man says only dragon trainers are permitted please leave what do i do?

Go defeat Clair, the city's gymleader. Than go to the cave.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    when i got to blackthorn city i went to the gym and a guy was standing there. he told me to check in the cave but when i went this old man says only dragon trainers are permitted please leave what do i do?

You need to have...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Is this where we can post bugs for this game as well since the original thread is closed? I have shown Bill's grandfather the Pokemon that he asked for at Cerulean Cape and twice, has not given me evolution stones. It says he has a gift, but I don't get an item. And also, I don't know how, but I have 3 Bad Eggs. I have not used any cheats or any hacks.

But yeah...I still don't exactly know where to find the Ice Beam TM. Anyone able to help?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Is this where we can post bugs for this game as well since the original thread is closed? I have shown Bill's grandfather the Pokemon that he asked for at Cerulean Cape and twice, has not given me evolution stones. It says he has a gift, but I don't get an item. And also, I don't know how, but I have 3 Bad Eggs. I have not used any cheats or any hacks.

But yeah...I still don't exactly know where to find the Ice Beam TM. Anyone able to help?

It could be because your bag is full? I don't know about the stones, but this is probably a reason...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    It could be. I did have quite a few things in it. I guess maybe Zel needs to try and write it where if your bag is full it will hold the item until you empty it. I missed out on the Thunderstone I needed to evolve my Pikachu because of it.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    It could be. I did have quite a few things in it. I guess maybe Zel needs to try and write it where if your bag is full it will hold the item until you empty it. I missed out on the Thunderstone I needed to evolve my Pikachu because of it.

It might not be... Try to pick something off of the floor. If it says Bag is too full, that is why.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I think it was the bag. I deposited a lot of stuff into the computer and now it's back to normal. However, I'm worried that I have 5 bad eggs. I don't know how I'm getting them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    I've tried using a water stone on my slowbro to evolve him but it always says, "It won't have any effect."

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I'm in the trick house with the invisible walls. Does anyone have like a map of some sort to get through it?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm in the trick house with the invisible walls. Does anyone have like a map of some sort to get through it?

Go on youtube to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr9yr4M7hbo&feature=related
    The guy won't reach to the trick house until the second half of the video, so you'll have to be patient. Also, make sure your ghost buster works, if it doesn't, go to Morty to have him fix it. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, look at my previous post:

Go to Saffron City to get to the Siph Co building. In there, talk to the guy blocking the stairs. He'll tell you that a girl in pink passed by. Go to the route leading to Viridian and you'll see her. Battle her, than return to Silph Co. Go up the stairs and you'll eventually find yourself on the highest level of the building where you'll battle an officer and Jess and Jemie. After than, the boss of Silph Co will give you the ghostbuster. With that, it will let you see ghosts, but it doesn't work, not yet anyway. Go to Etriteck(spelling?) City and find Morty in the Burnt Tower where you saw the legendary dogs. Battle him and he'll fix your ghostbuster. Now it works, so you could now battle ghosts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back