• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • yaeh so what do i do if my pokemon got stolen?
    :( :(

Walk to the tree and try to cut it a few times. Now, Super Saiyan Ninja Koga the gymleader will come to rescue! And he floats and glides! Not walk and run. Walking are for noobs, lol, jk.

Chrispy

The one that didnt get picked
    Years
  • 2) In beta 5, how do you get to the power plant? For some reason my ghostbuster doesn't work.

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I just remembered something (it's a miracle, however, mostly, I forget small details like these) :D...

anyone, I finished the current available beta (but I still don't know how to get Jirachi, oh well...) anyways, I remembered someone said that he/she can fly over to Pallete Town, why can't I? (need not to answer. I know Pallet Town's still not done yet. ;))
    also, I can't fly over to Cherrygrove City... why is that? :\
    Shiny Gold Help Thread

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Getting to Palett Town is pretty much something you have to do through cheating or something along those lines I'd say.

As for Cherrygrove City, its a problem with the mapping for it if I'm not mistaken. Mine doesn't even say the name, just some random words. And when you walk into the buildings and walk out, you get a black screen.

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    okay and:

I have heaps of stuff to tell and ask.

1) Thought I should bring this to your attention. There is a cave that is at the end of a path that leads off the jetty below Lavender town.

2) In beta 5, how do you get to the power plant? For some reason my ghostbuster doesn't work.

3) How do you get rid of bad eggs? I think mine is giving my game a whole bunch of problems. Attatched is a picture of the resulting problems and the egg. It has an item

4) I know I'm probably the millionth person to ask this but how do you do the Jirachi event?

5) How do you get the item in the lower part of the Victory road ice section?

6) In response to versatile04's last post, I did notice that. It's just an oddity that I'm sure Zel will fix. Please do, Zel.

Plz help!

okay:
    1.idk(giltch?)
    2.some people have same problem
    3.just don't touch them.
    4.jirachi event is secret(zel doesn't want to talk about it)
    5.no idea.
    6. yes, he will fix it.
    :o

and i think zel purposely make cherrygrove city unflyable so you would have to go to new bark town? i can't remember.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    help

i play pokemon shiny gold version for the pc, im kinda stuck in blackthorn city. 8th gym battle. i need to get rock smash, i believe its hm06? not too sure but idea where i can find it? the city or anything? can anyone help out?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    You find Scyther in the bug catching contest right?

And Scyther-->Scizor by Moon stone

If so where can i find a moon stone, if not how does Scyther transform into Scizor.

Thanks in advance :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I just remembered something (it's a miracle, however, mostly, I forget small details like these) :D...

anyone, I finished the current available beta (but I still don't know how to get Jirachi, oh well...) anyways, I remembered someone said that he/she can fly over to Pallete Town, why can't I? (need not to answer. I know Pallet Town's still not done yet. ;))
    also, I can't fly over to Cherrygrove City... why is that? :\
    Shiny Gold Help Thread

Because there must be some map that sets the flag that shows Pallet's flypost (in case you dont know, that's how the game deals the flyposts, setting a flag shows it, clearing it makes it disappear), the thing that I havent spotted is, which map? The only way to test that is to, get Surf and Fly as first as possible, and then keep checking the route to the east of N.Bark and see if the flypost shows up or not (if it doesnt, go back to Johto, go someplace new, then go back to check again, as you can see, it's something too tiring for me, but if someone wants to check out that, it'll help me a lot)

And, about Cherrygrove's flypost, I had to get rid of the less important locations original from Gold flyposts, because it's not possible to "create" new flyposts (at least M_X doesnt seem to know if it is possible or perhaps creating a new routine... but I think that's like a lot of work), so I had to stick with FR's number of flyposts and distribute them the best I could.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Do you need any HM's to get it because im pretty sure there is not one in the basic union cave that you go in it the first time. If you do need HM's which ones?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Ok last question then i'll leave you alone till i get stuck again :p

When do you get strength?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Scizor is wild in the grassy route below the Lake of Rage.

I can't seem to fix the save issue. I either get please exchange back up memory or a save that says sucessful, but isn't there. I have the right settings, but I still can't save.

Edit: A sailor in Olivine.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Scizor is wild in the grassy route below the Lake of Rage.

I can't seem to fix the save issue. I either get please exchange back up memory or a save that says sucessful, but isn't there. I have the right settings, but I still can't save.

Edit: A sailor in Olivine.

Hmmm... It could be that the FR rom you got has some problems, maybe it'd be better to look for some other FR(U) rom.

But most likely, you still have a corrupted save file. You need to get rid of that .sav file after closing the emulator, else when you close the emu, it'll just create another corrupted save file. Once you are 100% sure you dont have a .sav file, open the emu and check before loading the rom (else again, you'll be starting a corrupted save file) if in Options->Emulator->Save Type the option Flash128k is set. If it is, then you can load the game (and this will create a proper save file the moment you close the emu or after you decide to save)

If you are still having problems it's either the rom or the VBA.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back