• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Anyone know how to evolve Onix and Machoke?
    My Onix is level... 35
    And Machoke is 36

Help please?

You're nearly there, Machoke evolves into Machamp at level 45 and Onix evolves into Steelix at level 40.

That information was taken from the link to a Walkthrough on the first page of the Shiny Gold thread, it's odd that it isn't in the Shiny Gold Dex by Giovanni Boss though :/

Years
  • New question.

I just beat the E4, and I ran through the credits, but when it finished, it sent me back to a new game. I haven't saved with the actual save button in game, just save states. But when I try to save the game, it says "Replace memory."

Is it the rom that's having the problems? Or is there a patch to fix this? I'd like to go explore Kanto, if you don't mind. XD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    New question.

I just beat the E4, and I ran through the credits, but when it finished, it sent me back to a new game. I haven't saved with the actual save button in game, just save states. But when I try to save the game, it says "Replace memory."

Is it the rom that's having the problems? Or is there a patch to fix this? I'd like to go explore Kanto, if you don't mind. XD

This is a very common question. Try searching for it, as everyone gets annoyed by this, the most ASKED question for this hack!

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    This is a very common question. Try searching for it, as everyone gets annoyed by this, the most ASKED question for this hack!

+1 to that. Seriously, there's a reason why there's a bolded link right above the download for the IPS patch for shiny gold...

Nonetheless. Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald save differently to Ruby, Sapphire, 2nd gen and 1st gen, the remedy is to change the save file type to flash 128k, since you didn't do that BEFORE starting the game, you have to start all over, deleting the .sav (.sa1, .sa2, whatever) file for shiny gold and starting fresh - Don't try your save states, you'll encounter the same problem.

Years
  • Nonetheless. Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald save differently to Ruby, Sapphire, 2nd gen and 1st gen, the remedy is to change the save file type to flash 128k, since you didn't do that BEFORE starting the game, you have to start all over, deleting the .sav (.sa1, .sa2, whatever) file for shiny gold and starting fresh - Don't try your save states, you'll encounter the same problem.

But I did that BEFORE starting the game...

So any help still?

Paperfairy

WHAT ARE U LOOKIN' AT?
    Years
  • I was about to save before Karen, but every time I open the Start Menu and look into a sub menu, my character walks a few paces forward; as I was trying to save, he walked out of Karen's room and into a black abyss in which I cannot move. ideas?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I was about to save before Karen, but every time I open the Start Menu and look into a sub menu, my character walks a few paces forward; as I was trying to save, he walked out of Karen's room and into a black abyss in which I cannot move. ideas?

That's a bug listed in the main thread, I don't think Zel knows if he can fix it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2009
    I have one q. Where exactly is Squirtle and is it hard to fin d it, cos I searched all the water and I couldn't find it. It says that if you go to the next route you couldn't catch. What does the "next route" mean? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I have one q. Where exactly is Squirtle and is it hard to fin d it, cos I searched all the water and I couldn't find it. It says that if you go to the next route you couldn't catch. What does the "next route" mean? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    how can I get politoed???

btw, won't zel finish this hack?

I love this hack very much

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but reading 30 pages of a thred is too much :x

Where can you get the starters from G/S/C? I know that the ones from RBY and RSE are described on the first page, but the GSC ones are not... :\

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but reading 30 pages of a thred is too much :x

Where can you get the starters from G/S/C? I know that the ones from RBY and RSE are described on the first page, but the GSC ones are not... :\

You will have to trade or check the walkthrough on the official page.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024

The GSC ones aren't wild in ShinyGold yet. Zel did say he'd put them in as wild eventually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I don't know if it was asked before, but how do I evolve my Graveler? (Because I'm too lazy to read 30 pages... )

Spoiler:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Now, I think, before asking PLEASE read the FAQ and bugs on the first page.

Pichuscute

Super Pichu Fan
    Years
  • I have been having a problem with saving my game. When I do it it says sopmething aqbout the battery and brings up an error message. I tried deleting the save files(there weren't any made) and changing the flash to 128k(and restarting the emulator) like you said to and it still doesnt work. Does anyone kno how to fix it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back