• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Can you give me the link? I can only find a tutorial about how to use it there, not an actual download for LIPS.

Did you look under tools? Thats a bit obvious? Its under tools in Whack a Hack. and is called Linar IPS in the tools menu.

Korronensu

Scrap Punk
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2010
    This is the hack that drew me into hacking. Expertly done (if this is the same shiny gold 0.o) anyways, it is frighteningly same in its maps to g/s/c, except for one thing... the poor berry trees... they don't work consistently... anyways, kudos on the kick-butt rom.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I saw a clip about catching deoxus. Is it real or just another hack?

It's a hack or someone just teleporting themselves to Birth Island (Assuming it wasn't overwritten for some of johto), after all the game is still FireRed.

(s)aint squiderz

King of Drunkeness
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Okay... Small issue.

I keep getting bad eggs in my pc! Why does this keep happening? I patched the .ips file to a clean Fire Red rom...

Also I caught a Swalot on Cycling Road and its somehow turned into an egg...

Help?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    Eh, I have a question. I'm new to this thread and this is my first time posting in this forum, but I saw something while training at route 41. It was a rock that looked different from the other rocks. I went to it and talked to it. This was what I got. Quote:

"This looks live a very heavy rock. But, there's something fishy about it..."

No spelling mistake, it really said "live". o_o

If you want, I could give you the link to the screenshots.

So, is this rock linked to any events in the game? Sorry if this has been answered or I posted it in the wrong thread.

P.S. The rock is at the very bottom of route 41, near Cianwood city.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Eh, I have a question. I'm new to this thread and this is my first time posting in this forum, but I saw something while training at route 41. It was a rock that looked different from the other rocks. I went to it and talked to it. This was what I got. Quote:

"This looks live a very heavy rock. But, there's something fishy about it..."

No spelling mistake, it really said "live". o_o

If you want, I could give you the link to the screenshots.

So, is this rock linked to any events in the game? Sorry if this has been answered or I posted it in the wrong thread.

P.S. The rock is at the very bottom of route 41, near Cianwood city.

you mean this one?
    Spoiler:

zel might have something ins tore for us in that area...
    whatever it is, it would be unknown for the time being...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I'm having trouble with rock smash, says I need a gym badge to be able to use it :S even though I'm at Clair's gym in Blackthorn (not had the ROM very long heh), Just wondering if there's any way around this issue at all? Espeially seeing as I need to be able to use it to get the last Johto badge.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind. It's me being stupid. Ignore this please.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    Thx for the answer.

Another question, just wondering, if any of the legendary dogs uses roar, will it disappear forever like in FR/LG, or is it that the legendary dogs don't know roar anymore?

(s)aint squiderz

King of Drunkeness
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Anyone know what level the following evolve at or how to evolve them

Poliwhirl to Politoed
    Golbat to Crobat
    Porygon to Porygon2

etc.

I'm really trying to fill up my Pokedex as much as possible lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    what do u do after beatin misty?
    im kinda stuck and that giant rock where cerulean cave is supposed to be is very confusin
    y is it there?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    what do u do after beatin misty?
    im kinda stuck and that giant rock where cerulean cave is supposed to be is very confusin
    y is it there?
    Well, the Misty part,
    can't help you there, 'cause I
    haven't played the game in so
    long. D:

The giant rock blocks entrance
    into there, because where those
    giant rocks are throughout the hack,
    those are new areas in beta 6.
    (Do NOT ask when beta 6 is coming out,
    because zel is very busy, and doesn't
    always have time to work on the hack.)

(s)aint squiderz

King of Drunkeness
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Spoiler:

Yeah my Golbat evolved at 54 or 55 lol. I think Porygon has to hit a certain level in the 40's like all the rest of the trade evos.

Sun stone? Lol excellent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2008
    Is this thread still active? Sorry I'm new here so I'm not so sure on how these boards work.

May I ask, what Ruby/Sapphire pokemon are in here?

If not that, then is Taillow catchable? And if so, then where at? I really want a Swellow.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • It is still somewhat active, but I think most regular players are just waiting for Beta 6 to come out.

Tailow can be found on Routes 34, 35, 46, & in National Park. And Swellow is on Route 8 in Kanto.
    Most Hoenn Pokes are already in but there are a lot that arent. Zel has a link to an Excel sheet with every pokemon availible on the SG release Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2008
    Cool. Thank you very much. My team hasn't really been developing besides 3 or so pokemon, and Taillow was one that I planned to catch.

Also, what is this Beta 6 that you mentioned? I'm playing Shiny Gold X and as far as I knew, it was done?

*EDIT*
    I looked at the thread to see that Zel says all 3rd gen pokemon are in. I found some locations. Are not all of them really in? Such as Feebas?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back