• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
Years
  • I've got sgx on my iPod touch and my fly map still shows the islands, but the annoying thing is that I can't fly to both mahogany and blackthorn since they don't have flying spots. Am I just playing an old beta or what?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    So the opening on the east of the Dragon's Den that's blocked off by a huge rock is the way to capture Rayquaza in Beta 6?

And the same for the cave that's also blocked off by another huge boulder above Bill's house (above Cerulean City)?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    I beat the elite four, but i havent been able to continue. i read somewhere i had to save in a specific way, but how?
    You have to change your emulator save flash type. Check around your emulator's menubar, and there should be two options for the flash save type. Choose one, start up your game, press "Start" and press "SAVE". If it doesn't work, go to the menubar again, and choose the other type. You should be able to save now from within the game and not through saved states.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I've got sgx on my iPod touch and my fly map still shows the islands, but the annoying thing is that I can't fly to both mahogany and blackthorn since they don't have flying spots. Am I just playing an old beta or what?

Yes, I believe that is SGX beta 4 although I am not sure. The latest is beta 5.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2010
    1 question

I am playing beta 5 currently (latest)

If beta 6 comes out sometime later, will I be able to play beta 6 with the save file of my beta 5?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • yes but there will be tons of glitches if u patch ur rom... are u just thinking of putting ur shiny gold savefile into the folder when u get it

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • When i try to save the game it says "Error please exchange the backup memory". What can I do? I want to finish the elite four and head on to Kanto!

*EDIT* I figured out the problem. My brother pointed out that I already had a .sav file, so I got rid of that and can save! To bad I have to start from the beginning. Oh well...that's life...!

Last edited:

Vie

Years
  • this is driving me insane. I can not even install it. the intro comes, with ho-oh and press start, but suddenly it says: The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed.

..whats with this? ;_;

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Okay I am getting REALLY PISSED OFF RIGHT ABOUT NOW. I can save the game, but when I try to load it, it says The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. I did everything everybody told me to do but it really seems to not work. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this?

*EDIT* Once again, I finally fixed it. It's pretty complicated to explain, but I merged the entire zip file of Firered with B5 patch. I don't even know how, but that explained the circuit board being a total retard to me. Anyway, all it took was a little messing around with the ips patcher and some frustration!

this is driving me insane. I can not even install it. the intro comes, with ho-oh and press start, but suddenly it says: The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed.

..whats with this? ;_;

I suggest you do what I did: Re-merge Shiny Gold with Firered and see if that works. Then, go to the VBA bar, go to options and emulator and look down to save type, change that to Flash128k. Then check the folder or wherever your Shiny Gold things are and see if there is a .sav file with a Shiny Gold prefix. If so, delete that and restart the emulator. After that, it should work. Well, that is what I did! Hope it works!

Btw, how do I add a signature?

Last edited:

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Where do i get a Squitbottle?
    After you beat the gym leader in Goldenrod, you go a bit north and east, there should be a few buildings. In a building, there should be 2 or 3 people and a bunch of plants. Talk to the one near the plants and she should give you one!

Lullabyse

Harvest Sprite Rescuer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Well, from what I know, there are, but are very rare. What I would do is look on the Shiny Gold main thread, I think it tells you there. If not, go down to where it says something about tourists. There, there should be a Microsoft file with every Pokemon available and where to find them. By the way, all pokemon that have to be traded to evolve have been edited. You don't need to trade your Haunter to make it evolve into a Gengar.

Good Hunting!

Lullabyse

Harvest Sprite Rescuer
    Years
  • Well, from what I know, there are, but are very rare. What I would do is look on the Shiny Gold main thread, I think it tells you there. If not, go down to where it says something about tourists. There, there should be a Microsoft file with every Pokemon available and where to find them. By the way, all pokemon that have to be traded to evolve have been edited. You don't need to trade your Haunter to make it evolve into a Gengar.

Good Hunting!

Yeahh, I'm aware of the evolve/trading thing, I was just meaning trading in general, since I heard you could do it. x.x
    And I haven't seen anything about the Johto starters. I'll look, thanks for the tip. :P

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Yeahh, I'm aware of the evolve/trading thing, I was just meaning trading in general, since I heard you could do it. x.x
    And I haven't seen anything about the Johto starters. I'll look, thanks for the tip. :P
    Yeah I heard about the trading thing too, I heard it's very useful. This way you can complete the Pokedex without having to trade with all of your friends and their friends and their friend's friends. No problem man, I don't have any Johto starters myself besides my starting one. All we gotta do is look for them! I heard that all of the pokemon up to the Ruby/Saph/Emrld are going to be in this game, including the legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Eggs

After i caught Red Gyrados (sry if spelled wrong) i look at my Pokemon and noticed that togepi and Treeko had turned into eggs i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • After i caught Red Gyrados (sry if spelled wrong) i look at my Pokemon and noticed that togepi and Treeko had turned into eggs i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

I did not have that problem, maybe just a bug? Try loading before you catch gyrados and see if it still happens. If so, then you are probably screwed. Just restart the game. Unless, of course, you can go without your treeko and your togepi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back