• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
  • All my shinies I have on X have involved trading:

- Venusaur -> Charizard

- Aggron -> Froakie -> Frogadier -> non-shiny Diancie -> Entei -> Suicune -> Shaymin -> Genesect -> Jirachi -> Darkrai

- Torchic -> Combusken -> Blaziken

- Goldeen -> Seaking

- non-shiny Clefairy -> Golbat -> Crobat -> Octillery

- non-shiny Charizard -> Beartic

I don't remember what I traded for my shiny Hydreigon.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    I have only 2 shinies lol. i haven't played much since the game came out, but i have a pikachu which i caught via chaining. and a protean frogadier from fs which is now a greninja, has 31 iv's in sp atk, and sp def, with a neutral nature

Mirza_du

Never give up till that day comes
    Years
  • i found and catched in 2 hours 2 shiny durants...one with blue eyes and one with green...also cathed in horde after first encounter shiny vanillite....now i got for 30lvl masquerin in trade shiny ivysaur 100lvl with perf.stats. these days are boooms

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
    Years
  • I don't know if I'm a shiny hunter, though I do enjoy catching and looking for them. :D Before X/Y, I had no luck with shinies, but now I can get pretty much any shiny I want, and it's awesome!

I've only actively hunted for a few shinies, which I keep for my team. I have a shiny Altaria and Audino. Believe it or not, I wanted both of those since I first saw their shiny forms. The fact that they're both getting Mega Evolutions in OR/AS is just icing on the cake. *w*

Oh, and the pride of my team, a shiny Charizard! Caught him as a Charmeleon in the Friend Safari.

I think my luckiest shiny was...well, actually, there are two. I was hunting for a shiny Growlithe in the Friend Safari for my niece. I took a break, and decided to go breed some of my Pokemon and hatch the eggs, then trade them on the GTS to help with my living dex. I hatch a few Turtwigs, some Joltiks, and then Growlithes...wait, why does this one look so light? Yup, turns out the third Growlithe egg hatched shiny.

The second, I had caught a Zebstrika, and put it in the Daycare real quick so I could get a Blitzle, again for my living dex. The egg hatches and...what the? Something looks off...sure enough, little red star on the status screen. I only had one egg! I actually had to go put Zebstrika back in the Daycare and hatch another one.

So yeah, I don't know if you can get much luckier than hatching a shiny on the first egg. XD I think that's up there with getting a shiny starter on the first try, or the first Pokemon you encounter being shiny.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Earlier today, I was breeding Bulbasaurs to get a 6IV one with Giga Drain. What ended up happening was like an hour ago, I hatched a shiny with Giga Drain. Took it over to the IV Checker in the Kiloude City and it was 5IV; -Atk.

I was like ERMAHGURD NO WAY! Also Akuryou, don't know if you remember me, but I was GigaGamics.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Earlier today, I was breeding Bulbasaurs to get a 6IV one with Giga Drain. What ended up happening was like an hour ago, I hatched a shiny with Giga Drain. Took it over to the IV Checker in the Kiloude City and it was 5IV; -Atk.

I was like ERMAHGURD NO WAY! Also Akuryou, don't know if you remember me, but I was GigaGamics.

I remember you, haha~

I was hunting for 5-6 hours in my friend's Steel safari, and about 500 REs later I was staring down at a shiny Metang. ^~^

Years
  • Was just trying to chain fish but reeled in the catch too slow at about the 15th chain due to a distraction. My goodness I just don't have the patience for this stuff :'( Anyway, I think before I start going shiny hunting I'll try to get that Shiny Charm item that you receive from completing the national dex. So wish me luck :/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Been a while since I went looking for Shinies. But today, I'm having a good day. All I'm doing is putting aside Pokémon of every possible Safari species, freshly caught from someone's Safari, and I wound up getting two Shinies. First, I found a Shiny Throh (male with its HA, Mold Breaker), then a few hours later happened upon a Shiny Pancham (female with Iron Fist).

I have acquired a number of other new Shinies through trade and cloning, meanwhile, in the last few months. I think I have about three boxes of them now.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Semi-active shiny hunter here. I said semi 'cause college tends to distract me now. :v

Anyway, I just recently completed a MM hunt. Shiny Feebas at my 27th egg. Alas, it's a guy. At least it has 4IVs, but why did I breed my Japanese Ditto with an HA Feebas? Cute Charm on Milotic is terrible. :'<

Nicknamed Impulse. I'm gonna continue hatching Feebas, as I haven't got myself the 4/5IV Female Feebas that I was actually breeding for. x'D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Add a Shiny Dedenne to my prior post. A morning find. Held off commenting in case another appeared.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Got a shiny Shuppet today but eh... My friend wants a shiny Jolteon so I've been chaining Eevees with no luck whatsoever.

Years
  • Well, I was training up my team of shinies via Horde Battles in Victory Road, and whaddya know, I found a shiny Floatzel. I had already obtained a shiny Floatzel via the GTS, so I have two shiny Floatzel, and they're both Lv. 29. I would give the first one to one of you guys, but my Wi-Fi went down again yesterday.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Well, I was training up my team of shinies via Horde Battles in Victory Road, and whaddya know, I found a shiny Floatzel. I had already obtained a shiny Floatzel via the GTS, so I have two shiny Floatzel, and they're both Lv. 29. I would give the first one to one of you guys, but my Wi-Fi went down again yesterday.

Aww, that sucks. I'd love a shiny Floatzel though, what would you want for it?

Rageon

Houndoom-Raised Ace Trainer!
    Years
  • Got one shiny, a shiny 6IV Tyranitar from a giveaway. Been trying to catch some for awhile but no luck! Tried all methods but Masuda, clearing out boxes now for the amount of eggs I might have to plow through. I wonder what my first one will be...

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Got one shiny, a shiny 6IV Tyranitar from a giveaway. Been trying to catch some for awhile but no luck! Tried all methods but Masuda, clearing out boxes now for the amount of eggs I might have to plow through. I wonder what my first one will be...

Usually if it's your first time using Masuda, then the egg count is relatively low. I hatched my shiny Fennekin after ~50 eggs. I tried to hatch a shiny Goomy, after 500 eggs I gave up.

Back