• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    In the preceding week, I also found a Shiny Girafagig (Oct. 18), a Shiny Machoke (Oct. 21), and - just today - a Shiny Shuppet.

Six Shinies in the last week and a half.

I should spend more time in the Safaris, but I'll probably do just as well breeding some Eggs. Too bad it takes so long to hatch the things.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I'm a semi-Shiny Hunter. I don't do it actively, but I do like hunting when I feel like it. Look what I found in X.
    Spoiler:

If you have a keen eye, you'll realise that it's the first and only Floatzel I found. Because of that, I always try to avoid any location with Floatzels in them. I'm not happy about the fact that it's the only one I found, however.

But anyways, two weeks ago I found a Shiny Growlithe after feeling like hunting for Shinies. I also found out I found this Growlithe on the same day I found my Floatzel - October 13th.

At the moment I'm trying to give the Masuda Method a shot. I had decent luck with the Masuda Method in the 5th gen, but in this gen my luck is terrible. I'm trying to get a Shiny Hawlucha with 5IVs, but it takes a long time to find one of these. x_x

What should I hunt next, guys? :3

Years
  • I've found three wild shiny Pokémon in X this month alone: a Roggenrola in the Reflection Cave, a Mareep in a horde, and a Durant in a horde too. Unfortunately, the latter had an underwhelming nature (Timid). There are quite a few others i've found, too.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Just today I got four shinies. xD The first was a Gyarados (coincidentally I had a nosebleed minutes before getting it), a Corsola, a Remoraid, and a full 1/4096 odds shiny Altaria after 2 REs.

Years
  • And Tuesday I found two more shiny Pokémon in that day: first was a Hoppip that I got in a horde while EV training, and second was a Graveler in Terminus Cave. Although I already have a shiny Geodude I found in a horde early in the year it was still nice coming across that. As for Hoppip, that evolution line is usually not that worthwhile but I don't hate them so i'll take that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hunting Riolu in a new Safari, I came upon and quickly caught a Shiny female Regenerator Mienfoo.

Years
  • Since getting the shiny charm horde pokemon have been easier but mm and fs shinies have barely shown up. I've been hunting for a shiny Metang in an imcomplete safari for 3 days now and still no shiny Metang or at least Ferroseed. I thought Friend Safari + Shiny Charm would make hunting unbelievably easy but I prefer MMing without the Shiny Charm, got way more valuable shininies that way.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Since getting the shiny charm horde pokemon have been easier but mm and fs shinies have barely shown up. I've been hunting for a shiny Metang in an imcomplete safari for 3 days now and still no shiny Metang or at least Ferroseed. I thought Friend Safari + Shiny Charm would make hunting unbelievably easy but I prefer MMing without the Shiny Charm, got way more valuable shininies that way.
    The chance of finding a Shiny in the Friend Safari in the Friend Safari is unaffected by the Shiny Charm; it is always 1/512.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not an active shiny hunter, I'll probably go shiny hunting 4 to 7 days out of a month.

In the wild/random encounter: Gulpin (no longer have, WT away), Vanillite (accidentally fainted), Beartic (accidentally fainted), Riolu (available for trade).

I have tried using the Radar Chaining but I have not been successful in shiny, keeps breaking around the 10th to 14th chain.
    Have not yet tried Fishing Chain.

On Friend Safari: Larvesta (sent via GTS), Minccino (sent via GTS), 4 different Luxio (kept 1, sent 2 via GTS, and one I forgot I had in team is now Luxray, available for trade)

Masuda Method - not for trade, bred for my OR/AS teams: Mienfoo (129 eggs), Patrat (130 eggs), Zangoose (122 eggs).

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I just found a shiny Gurdurr last week :D I also found a shiny Floatzel a few months back. Funny thing is, I found them both in the same place--and by the same place, I mean in the same room of Victory Road. Freaky :o I don't actively seek out shinies, but I'm always on the lookout for them ^^

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I'm still trying to hatch a shiny solosis. So far, this thing is really fighting me and I've probably hatched over 500 eggs.

Not giving up just yet.

Years
  • 8 days of hunting shiny Metagross and i get shiny Ferroseed............................. back to square one. I'll also try mming Manetric this time

Edit: 30 minutes later................... shiny ferroseed.

Edit: 2 hrs 30 minutes later my 8 day quest has paid off, I'd love to thank God for my Ultron, Mild natured 31 Hp and SpDef IVs

Last edited:

SlightlyWinged

Hyped for OR/AS!
    Years
  • OH GOD WHY? ;-;

I've been hunting in the Friend Safari for Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, and decided to start with the Kalos Starters. I was able to get Quilladin with a bit of trouble, with a nice shiny Swadloon as a bonus! But then...

I go into a Safari with Frogadier, and the second one I come across? Shiny! I was so excited, I immediately switched out my Audino for Absol. But instead of selecting False Swipe, I accidentally tapped X-Scissor instead!

My Absol being level 100, the Froakie faints instantly. {D:} I just stared at the screen for a minute, I think I was trying to will time to move backwards to before I chose that attack.

tl;dr: I caught a shiny Swadloon, but accidentally killed a shiny Frogadier.

Years
  • So today I was breeding stuff for Mega Evolutions that will be obtainable in ORAS, and while I was trying to chain breed for Weedle, I came across a shiny when I used my x/31/31/x/31/x and x/31/31x/31/31 duo (which wasn't the final step I was planning on). It had 31 Attack and Sp Def, wasn't expecting anything too great and I didn't MM it either, but I guess I won't say no to it. It was the first shiny i've hatched without an MM.

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
    Years
  • OH GOD WHY? ;-;

I've been hunting in the Friend Safari for Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, and decided to start with the Kalos Starters. I was able to get Quilladin with a bit of trouble, with a nice shiny Swadloon as a bonus! But then...

I go into a Safari with Frogadier, and the second one I come across? Shiny! I was so excited, I immediately switched out my Audino for Absol. But instead of selecting False Swipe, I accidentally tapped X-Scissor instead!

My Absol being level 100, the Froakie faints instantly. {D:} I just stared at the screen for a minute, I think I was trying to will time to move backwards to before I chose that attack.

tl;dr: I caught a shiny Swadloon, but accidentally killed a shiny Frogadier.

And that my friends, is exactly why I do not attack Shiny Pokemon, just hurl Pokeballs like there's no tomorrow! I have yet to fail to capture a Shiny.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Hatched my shiny solosis after something over 500-700 eggs, I stopped counting.

Solosis | F | Quiet + Magic Coat
    IVs: 31/13/31/31/15/0

I'm tempted to try again due to that sp. def, but that's probably after I MM Psyduck and Buneary. Hrng.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Right now i am bredding treeckos, only hatched 30 so far since i got them yesterday. Then i will be hunting mudkip afterwards through breeding for the remakes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    I recently got a shiny staryu from chain fishing along with a shiny clauncher put the both on gts and got myself a darkrai and a thundurus for them :-)

Back