• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokémon color schemes you personally dislike?

Years
  • Personally not a fan of any of the neon green ones, and I think it's sad that there's so many of them.

I'm literally the same, Espeon is my least favourite shiny, it literally looks like slime haha. It's a shame cause I love Espeon as a Pokemon and its shiny variant had a lot of potential, especially as how cool Umbreon's is.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • Aside from the Shinies which barely change (which of course are always a let-down because you had the chance to get something cool and instead you get nothing), I'd say the ones that bother me most would be Nidoqueen and Pikachu.

Nidoqueen bothers me because you had a clear pattern going with both the evolutionary lines switching colours, and then it just broke, which is unsatisfying to say the least. One of the first things I did when I made a ROM hack was to change Shiny Nidoqueen because it bothered me so much.

(Left: Original, Right: My version)

Pikachu bothers me because it's one of the Shinies that barely changes. The thing that bothers me more about this than it normally would is that Pikachu is the series mascot. I understand that back then, the Shiny palettes were determined algorithmicly and were not hand picked, but you would think they would make an exception for Pikachu at least. By the time Gold and Silver came out Pikachu was already the face of Pokemon, so there's no excuse for having a bland Shiny. :P

(Left: Original, Right: My version)

When I changed it, I made the Shiny blue as an homage to the Pikablu myth that used to be a thing before Gold and Silver came out (when people saw early art of Marill, thought that they looked like Pikachu kinda and gave them the name Pikablu). Probably anything would be better than the "slightly different shade of yellow" that Pikachu actually got for their Shiny.

LadyLurantis940

The Bug-type Impostor
    Years
  • Instead of simply posting what I hate, I'll post what I'd love to see, as well!

First up, we have Espeon. Some love it, some hate it, barely any have no opinion on it. I find it worse than its usual form. Personally, I would swap the purple for a pastel pink, and make the gem a cotton candy blue.

Next, Lurantis! Lurantis's shiny color scheme is gold and puke green for those of you who don't know, which I resent. They did her no justice. So, what I'd do is go for a nice, clean base, almost-white mint green, accented with navy and with evergreen eyes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    I'm personally not a fan of shiny Lugia. It doesn't look bad, but it just feels like wasted potential. Ho-oh has a gold and silver colored shiny to reference the games it's from, but Lugia doesn't follow this color scheme.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Krookodile and Scrafty come to mind. Some of my favorite Pokemon but have horrid Shinies. Scrafty is alright but Krookodile is just bad

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2021
    Any shiny that you can barely even notice the difference between the original.
    Examples include Garchomp/Persian etc

Back